Poll: Better Graphics: Soul Calibur 2/ Dead or Alive 3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur II vs. Dead or Alive 3 (Graphics)

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default Soul Calibur II vs. Dead or Alive 3 (Graphics)

Well as some of you may be aware, The coming of Soul Calibur 2 is upon us. And if I wanna go deeper with this, some of you may even know that i have the fully playable Japanese version.

Know That i have seen the demo for the ps2, and gamecube version, i noticed that the xbox versions graphics, arent so distinct from the ps2's. The I go over and take a good look a Dead or Alive 3. I couldnt believe it, but DoA3 seemed to have graphics far superior to SOul Calibur 2. Dont get me wrong im still super pumped about the upcoming ENGLISH! version of Soul Calibur 2 (I cant play weapons master mode in japanese, therefore i cant unlock some costumes and levels and even two characters), but is it just me, or does Soul Calibur 2's graphics dont really meet the graphical standard of our good ol' black box?

Although I haven't seen the SCII graphics at length, I've heard that the graphics in SCII are the weakest part of a generally very good game. Conversely, DOA3 has some of the best graphics around.

EDIT: And let's not forget that SCII is multi-platform and not originally developed on Xbox.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Peepers
    Although I haven't seen the SCII graphics at length, I've heard that the graphics in SCII are the weakest part of a generally very good game. Conversely, DOA3 has some of the best graphics around.

EDIT: And let's not forget that SCII is multi-platform and not originally developed on Xbox.
    Well, just to let you know that the developer have some get the most of each console to make the graphics run on top for Soul Calibur 2. Since they say that in PS2, the lightning effects have being reduce a little compare to Xbox and Gamecube. Dead or Alive 3 is almost more than great graphics, they have polish it to the maximum when back in time at the launch of the Xbox. Just wait for Ninja Gaiden, then will see the next engine of Tecmo.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Starving College Student

DOA3

SC2

doa3 wins, no contest.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

DOA3 wins hands down

NIce screens koopa:o

Now, i know i will have many people disagreeing with me on this one, but DOA is a lot deeper than it once was to me. Now countering and combos are getting very intese, and used a lot. Im starting to really get back into that game. Im not going to go ahead and say DOA is better than soul calibur in anything but the graphics department, but im saying that maybe it isnt the bad game everyone made out to be............

Especially with the coming of DOA online and that extra disc.....

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

as long as i can look at Ivy's ass im happy......know what i mean?

Prior

Well i think Dead or alive is gunna hipe soul calibur 2 off the floor i love Doa3 it was the bets fightin graphics that i seen yet.

I say DOA 3 because it was made just for Xbox and it has expanded environments. Look at the trees in DOA and you get a massive level with new scenrey when you launch your opponent into that are. Soul Caliber looks awesome but it's multiplat and you don't get envirnments with new areas. I'm not saying DOA has more I'm just saying that all the areas you go to look so damn pretty. The best SC 2 is Xbox, next being GC, and then PS2. PS2 characters are strangely jagged.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

DOA 3 by far graphically, but as for which is a better fighting game, SC2 whoops DOA 3.

Cool

I think the only game who is going to TOP DOA3 graphics is "DOA Code: Cronus", although I haven't seen the graphics I know the Team Ninja wont disappoint me.

Talking about DOA3 maybe someone can help me, I'm looking for the DOA3 "Booster Disc", does anybody know were I can purchase a copy in the US (NY), I know it was first release as a bonus on the XBM last year but didn't have the game back then.

Thanks in advance!
    Nica gamerz Approved!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

sho...doa wins in the graphics dept...but its all about gameplay baby. and SC2 is da granddaddy of gameplay.

Dz perfects nik using only throws w/ voldo

Member on the run

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    Hey, sounds like what I did to you!

Man, I remember spending so much time just playing the SP of Soul Calibur on the DC. It is without a doubt the best fighter ever.

but hey, unless it's first party....... don't expect more than a lackluster port from any third party.

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Umm.. another thing is just lame about Soul Calibur 2 is how the fighter holding the weapon. Except for Voldo, everyone else is like 3 cm far from their hands.
    Back into the world of gaming.

SC2 has 720p support as well, so things will definitely look alot better on a high end HDTV. I thought the graphics were pretty good for SC2 but DOA3 is gorgeous.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    sho...doa wins in the graphics dept...but its all about gameplay baby. and SC2 is da granddaddy of gameplay.

I seen some pretty sick voldo stuff, but you and your grabs wont even get close to my Ivy. it would seem that she sucks, but that whip is no joke...........

Here are the differences that 720p and the Xbox can make:

PS2:

GC:

Xbox: 720p

DOA3 still looks better and although only supports 480p it is 16x9. SC2 is only 4x3 even at 720p which is just a contradiction of the purpose of high definition. Anyone playing it on a widescreen HD tv will have black bars on the sides.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

DOA3 will definately look better considering it is not a port. I would still take SC2 any day even if it looked like I was playing it on the DC.

You can actually see the chick's nipples on Xbox. Thank god for HDTV support.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Thread Information