Poll: Which games should I definitely get NOW??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn, It has been a LONG!! four months.....

xbAWOL

Talking Damn, It has been a LONG!! four months.....

Well, I'm not sure if most of you guys know, but I have been grounded from my Xbox ever since the beggining of May!!! It was all because of a terrible interim, which lead to a terrible report card, which lead to a sub-par summer which was pretty boring. But I can officially say, the wait is up!!

The live-in Nazi's have finally decided to let me have my Xbox back. With that said, there is a lot of catching up to do. First off, I traded about 9 of my games over the summer, mostly on TGN, so I have 9 "new" games to beat. Second, I have a missed a WHOLE LOTTA good gaming.

Thats where XBA comes into play. Money for me is limited at the moment, so I only have about 150 dollars to spend on about 600 dollars worth of Xbox gaming. Here are the current games that I have not played that came out while I was grounded and that I am interested(if not stoked!!) in picking up.

-Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
    -SW: KOTOR
    -MM3
    -MC2
    -MGP2
    -Otogi
    -RTCW
    -SOF2
    -SC2
    -ESPN NFL 2K4
    -Brute Force
    -NBA Street 2

I want at least 2 games to be Live. For this, I am definitely gonna pick up Island Thunder, but as for the second, I'm not sure. Shall it be a shooter, or a racer? And to that point, which one in specific?? Or maybe pick up one of the new sports games?

For the third game, I want either another Live game, or a worthwhile purchase of a single player game. If I got Otogi, I could beat it and quickly trade it for another new game. SC2 I would probably keep to play with friends, and KOTOR will take crazy long hours to beat. Another factor on this is CAN IT WAIT?? I mean, is it absolutely necessary to buy now? Or can I wait until it comes down in price?? For single player games, this is definitely a possibilty, for Live though, I definitely need your help in deciding.

With that said, help me out guys, I need to return to the world of Xbox with a BANG!!(pun intended!)

So, answer the poll(Multiple Selections) and specify here with further reasoning!! Thanks a bunch guys!!

do NOT!!!! get sof2.i am serious.kotor grit and rtcw are definete must buys so go ahead pick or find those 3.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

GR island thunder all the way!

Buy your parents something nice...but I don't see that option

You gotta get a racer man I really liked MGP2 it has really cool physics and the graphics are awesome its fun to just wheelie around the track On the other hand I haven't had the chance to play MC2 so I wouldn't know if it was good or not

Member on the run

My recommendation, is GR:IT (for the tourney), then if you like RPGs...definetly KOTOR. Otherwise, Brute Force. And then for your second live game, well, I'd get ESPN Football, but if you don't like those games, then I'd get RTCW or PGM2 when it comes out.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Originally posted by rudedogX
    PGM2 when it comes out.
    Sorry man, I must be out of it this early, but with is PGM2 again?

BTW, SOF 2 is VERY underrated. Even Alone In The Dark changed his mind on this game once he gave it a fair chance. Play the online alot, get used to it, and you may start to love it. Other than that, GRIT and MM3 or ESPN (going to rent it this weekend guys, so be ready ) or Fever (underrated for sure, expecially when you are playing against a fellow XBA member, my fav so far being Dances With Broom Sticks ie. Scorcher).

Member on the run

Originally posted by Jerred B

Sorry man, I must be out of it this early, but with is PGM2 again?

You're not, I am. I meant Project Gotham Racing 2. My bad. Need more sleep...damn football and late games!

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Haha, which one you got rude, ESPN (probably) or Fever (doubtful). I'm renting ESPN this weekend to see if it floats my boat. Maybe we should get a game or two in.

Member on the run

Yeah, I got ESPN. I prefer that. Also, if you want a comparison from someone that owns both, check with chaotic. He's got both, and liked fever till espn came out. It's much better than previous years.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Soul Calibur 2
    Otogi
    Brute Force
    Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
    Back into the world of gaming.

Too Sixy

NFL Fever rocks! I havent been able to try Live yet and it still is sweet. I moved out so I have yet to get my internet set up. I tried the ESPN demo and unless it was improved drastically it doesnt stand up to Fever. I hope it did get better because the demo was ugly and felt horrible to control (all IMO)
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Gotta go with KOTOR. I just beat that today. One of my all time favorites. Was an amazing game... thinking about doing it again...

Since I am having alot of fun with Otogi right now. I pick that one in your poll.

SC2 and KOTOR would be my number 1 choices for non-live games. They are both awsome games and I really want to get SC2.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

mm3 its been a wile sence i got it but its still fun have fun

I'd say Otogi, SC2, and wait a couple months for Sega GT: Online.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Kotor for sure, also street 2 is a awesome pick up

Good to see you back man! I highly reccomend Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. It has some bug issues but is overall an amazing game. Also, I have only heard good things about Return to Castle Wolfenstein. DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE This "Halo killer" is utter crap. It gets repetitive, it's way too short, it's easy, and trying to play online on XBConnect is lagtastic! Just don't get it.

I agree. Brute Force is way overrated. Don't buy it. And also, you're right. Wait for SegaGT Online. This game is going to be SICK. I can't wait for this game. But until then, pick up GR:IT. Also, Jerred is right. SOF2 is underrated. This game is great online. It's kinda like RTCW but a little bit slower paced. Good stuff. RTCW should definitely be on your list though, if you don't already have it.

Thread Information