Thread: Sudeki Developer Diary 3 at Xbox.ign.com

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Sudeki Developer Diary 3 at Xbox.ign.com

For those poor unenlightened souls who don't know yet, "Sudeki" is an action role-playing game for Xbox. Making a video role-playing game seems like a dream come true for most designers, and to a large extent this is true, but it is also a project of colossal proportions. In the field of the video games industry, "Sudeki" is a special challenge, thanks to its size and scope. We've gone for such bewildering amounts of detail in creation of our worlds that when I was asked to describe what I do during the development of the game, I found that giving a description of my duties is not quite that easy.

Asking a designer what he does for living is a loaded question: One day I will be busy balancing the strengths and weaknesses of one of the monsters in the game, while the next day I might be scouring the internet for reference material for underwater caves or writing complex C-derivative scripts in order to make the NPCs behave in an intelligent manner.

Source@
    Back into the world of gaming.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Thumbs up

Developer diaries crack me up. They all say the same thing.

I have good feelings about this game, though. The real-time combat sounds great, and the descriptions of the enemies/monsters was interesting. The two screens they showed were nice, also. I'm glad we're finally going to get some good RPG's for the Xbox (Fable, TFLO, Sudeki, Arx Fatalis).

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Thread Information