Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only on X-Box

Default Only on X-Box

How come some games like DOA3 and Obi-Wan don't have that "Only on X-Box" logo since they are Xbox exclusive, I think.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Only on X-Box

Originally posted by DT21
    How come some games like DOA3 and Obi-Wan don't have that "Only on X-Box" logo since they are Xbox exclusive, I think.
    Good question. But, we all know they both are exclusives anyhow

Im sure a version of DOA and Obi-won will appear on other consoles. I guess the doors still open......

you know what! I noticed that my copy (or any for that matter) dont grace the "only on xbox" for Dead Or Alive 3!

Tecmo better not be playing games with Microsoft or us consumers.

But I would not be the least bit surprised to see a DOA3 version on another system with another nickname in a good 6 month to a year from now!
    But by that time another version comesout no one will care since (hopefully) Soul Calibur 2 will be out then!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by JJaX
    Im sure a version of DOA and Obi-won will appear on other consoles. I guess the doors still open......
    I wouldn't be surprised about Obi-Wan...but, I know for a fact that the PoS2 or the LameCube couldn't handle the frames in DOA3...it's literally impossible unless Tecmo takes back their opinion to downgrade DOA3 so it will operate on the PoS2 and LameCube....but, highly unlikely.

The thing that has urked me was the "Only on Xbox" symbol on Halo. Are they not planning on porting the game over to the PC? That would be an awesome multiplayer game if it would!

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Talking yup

yes its cuz if it dont say only for xbox then its obviously out or coming out on another system(s)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

i like x-box it is good and i think you would like it to if it happened to you

AHHHHHH ITS THE BLOB RUN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........MEOW......STUPID CAT YOU RUIN EVERYTHING IM TRYING TO MAKE A FILM YOU IDIOT AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MaxPain

Originally posted by Mark7305
    The thing that has urked me was the "Only on Xbox" symbol on Halo. Are they not planning on porting the game over to the PC? That would be an awesome multiplayer game if it would!
    Ummm.... It is coming out for PC!

Originally posted by MaxPain

Ummm.... It is coming out for PC!
    Yay!

YO, dont feel sorry for us junior!
    Everyone and their grandmother knows that DOA3 is just a beefed up graphical inhancement of the DC version of DOA2.
    The thing is, is that the game is still fun to play. It doesnt have to be revolutionary & original to be enjoyed by gamers.
    I could see DOA3 running on other systems as I have already said. And like max said, the other 2 systems cant handle this title to the limits as Xbox has performed. But they would probably lower the polly count and other features to make it a little respectable.

Now as for MGS X or whatever it will be called, you d@mn right we are all excited for it! why would'nt we be? There is not merit to your myth junior!
    One things for sure though, Konami had better do some tweeking to MGS2's story or something!
    From what i've heard the story is lacking and most of my friends tell me that Raiden guy flawed the game!
    I guess we will see in 2002 some time.
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 12-27-2001 at 06:54 PM.

Originally posted by Miyazaki

I feel sorry for you. Actually, I feel sorry for anyone who belives Microsoft proganada bull****. If Dead or Alive 2: Xbox Edition was impossible on the Gamecube, then why does Star Wars Rogue Squadron II, a Gamecube exclusive, have MUCH better graphics than Dead or Alive 3?
    Better graphics??? I don't think so.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

If Dead or Alive 2: Xbox Edition was impossible on the Gamecube, then why does Star Wars Rogue Squadron II, a Gamecube exclusive, have MUCH better graphics than Dead or Alive 3?
    I think the graphics for SWRS look pretty much like the movies. However, that is no great achievement considering the objects are made up of large flat surfaces with low polygon counts and a narrow color palette.

DOA3 is more impressive because it's chock full of curved and colorful surfaces.

about halo - when they say "only on xbox" it means not on any other consoles... it's been confirmed repeatedly for pc and mac

Then it wouldnt be ONLY for Xbox then would it??
    Hidden Content

Aim: WoodrowDaHoBo

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I think the graphics for SWRS look pretty much like the movies. However, that is no great achievement considering the objects are made up of large flat surfaces with low polygon counts and a narrow color palette.

DOA3 is more impressive because it's chock full of curved and colorful surfaces.
    Yo Hugh_Jass, it's your hero Ninja Jubei!

Slim, from all I have read in this thread and others I have come to the distinct conclustion that this guy named Miyazaki is nothing more than a Nintendo KiddyCube Mark,... or in his words a Big N fanboy!
    Dude makes no sense on any of the outrageous comments he is making towards Microsoft and their xbox system.
    The thing that I dont understand is how can a Nintendo fanboy have over 400 post in an Xbox forum?
    Go figure, he even admited in the RPG forum that he doesnt even own a Xbox console!! lol, I dont know about you Hugh, but this cat aint worth my Ninja time.
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 12-27-2001 at 09:26 PM.

Yo Miyazaki,
    This is my last reply to your corny no topic having candy ass yo! First off get a life about my stomping grounds, Ninja Scroll/Jubei is my alter ego internet character. That's how I do kid so get used to it fool!
    Okay, who said anyone ways tripping off of the graphical power Xbox has. It's cool your a Nintendo fanboy/mark and all. But you are so unrealistic on all your comments slim!
    If you acted like you had legitament arguements about KiddyCube vs. xbox then I could debate with you. But you are obviously one who fears the ultimate truth in which the Cube is a inferior system to the Xbox.
    Now before you start judging your hero & role model 4-life in Ninja Jubei, get da facts right monkey boy!
    The last thing I am is a Microsoft fanboy.
    Try peeping out my profile junior and it will tell you who im a mark for!

Hint: it aint non of da big 3 either!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 12-27-2001 at 10:29 PM.

Stop wit the ebonics and the nonsense man, you are making yourself look bad....
    Hidden Content

Aim: WoodrowDaHoBo

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

1.The only reason DOA3 looks so good is because it's a fighter, and fighters aren't very hard on the console since there is very little space (very little X, Y and Z compared to Rogue Leader), the game isn't really completely 3d since it's a fighter and the backgrounds aren't very interactive, when compard to fully 3d games. DOA3 looks very nice, but Rogue Leader required a lot more 'power' to run than DOA3 does.

2.Rogue Leader has a low poly count? If that's the case, then DOA3 has a very low poly count, since it is a FACT that to date, no other game in history has pushed as many polygons with as many effects as Rogue Leader does. Rogue Leader pushes 13-15 million for pretty much the entire game, while no other game (not even Halo or DOA3) pushes that many polygons. In the future, Xbox and GCN games will surpass that (possibly some PS2 games also), but to date, Rogue Leader is still the most advanced video game in the world.

Have you seen the Star Destroyers? Each one is made of over 100 000 polys (I can't remember the exact number), while each of the ships, like X wings is 30 000. Have you seen Battle of Endor and Kothlis? I'll bet that in each of those levels, the system pushes more polygons than any level in Halo or DOA3.

Also, it has some of the best texture ever in a video game (I'm not sure if it's 4 texture layers or 8).

Then take off the Microsoft glasses.
    Their off and it still looks better than Rogue Squadron II. How about that.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information