Thread: Review Contest Question

Default Review Contest Question

This is a question for the mods/admins mostly... but the review contest, you have to provide proof of you purchasing the game... well if we rent games from say... blockbuster (like i do), can we review them and scan the bill from blockbuster?

I already wrote a nice review for NHL Hitz 20-02 but i didnt keep the bill, I bought DOA3, and i have rented right now THPS2x (with the bill ready to scan if needed)

so essitntially my question is, can I review a rented game if I can proove I rented it

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Review Contest Question

Originally posted by wwfraven2k
    This is a question for the mods/admins mostly... but the review contest, you have to provide proof of you purchasing the game... well if we rent games from say... blockbuster (like i do), can we review them and scan the bill from blockbuster?

I already wrote a nice review for NHL Hitz 20-02 but i didnt keep the bill, I bought DOA3, and i have rented right now THPS2x (with the bill ready to scan if needed)

so essitntially my question is, can I review a rented game if I can proove I rented it
    wtf!? Since when was proof of ownership required to create a review?

Frostberg

Well its one of the "rules" for the contest. I had the exact same question you did, and Stephen told me that he just wants a picture of you holding the game.

a picture... aww.. now i have to show everyone my missing eyeball

jk

Frostberg

Well, im still confused a little about what I will do, because I rented games and returned them before I knew I had to take a picture. I dont want to pay $5.99 per game again just to take a picture...hopefully if your review is good enough that in there you prove something only someone who actually played it would know, you should be fine. Like for visual you cant just be like "Wow this game is really amazing! Everything looks real. My jaw drops everytime I look at it. My friend came in and thought I was watching the television because it looked so real" or something like that...

I've wrote 2 reviews, DOA3, and NHL Hitz 20-02... they are both well written IMO, go check them out if you have extra time... you can tell I've played both.

Thread Information