Poll: Should all games have custom sound tracks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should all games have custom track support?

Question Should have all games custom track support?

YES!!!!!!!!! That is one of the perks of Xbox, one of the small reasons I bought it, and only racing games and Deathrow have the feature? WHY????? All game would be slightly better with custom music. For games with voice-overs, just stop the music when someone wants to speak. I understand why some games have no custom tracks, like I can't picture Halo with custom sound track, but games like Dynasty Warriors 4 and SSX 3 are perfect games for custom sound tracks. WHY?!?!?!?
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

it depend u don't whant custom music when playing for example hit and run doesn't feel right to me but all sports games should have them except golf

Originally posted by shapoopy
    it depend u don't whant custom music when playing for example hit and run doesn't feel right to me but all sports games should have them except golf
    Yea, sports game should have it.. wouldnt get any better than THAT..

i think all xbox only games should support it, and only if microsoft wants to put the extra time and effort into supporting non xbox-only games with custom soundtracks should those games support it.

Yeah i really like having custom tracks but some games just shouldn't like splinter cell, island thunder, golf stradegy or rpg games.

I think all games should including games like spinter cell because its up to the user and how he wants to play the game.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Take a game like Silent Hill...I hardly believe that the developers of the game had intended for the gamer to sneak through a scary and creepy environment while having the ability to listen to "Oops! I did it again" by Brittney Spears

So, to some that believe that all game should have soundtrack support is missing the point.

But, I do have some good news: I just saved a load of money on my car insurance because I switched to Geiko.

Prying open my third eye Third Eye's Avatar

I can think of tons of racing games, multiplayer games, sports, and certain action games that would benefit from having custom sountracks.

Yes, all games should at least make it available. I understand that some games have a great soundtrack that really adds to the game, but most it's just there as background noise. In that case, I'd much rather be listening to something of my own choosing.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

Topspin should have had it. I can't see playig rainbow six having it during the canpaing but I would like it during multiplayer action. I would love to smoke fools in Halo with Where my hood at by DMX.

This is MY HOME

i think golf and heavy metal would go great together

Who said no?
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

all of the games should support custom soundtracks cus if the game music better u can keep it but if u like ur own music u can play urs

yeah most games should have it, but again some games wont work with custom soundtracks such as Halo, which in my opinion has great music and chorus that mixes in perfectly.
    jeepers Creepers Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes. Hidden Content

Originally posted by Clever
    yeah most games should have it, but again some games wont work with custom soundtracks such as Halo, which in my opinion has great music and chorus that mixes in perfectly.
    I disagree with you. Somehow I feel listening to something along the lines of metal while blowing the hell out of some flood would fit perfectly.

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

I think all games should have it, with the option of turning it off. After all, if you come to a point in the game and you have "Is this Love" by Bob Marley, you wouldn't be very satisfied, now would you?

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

I disagree with you. Somehow I feel listening to something along the lines of metal while blowing the hell out of some flood would fit perfectly.
    Im not sure if thats a good idea...
    jeepers Creepers Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes. Hidden Content

All games should have it, at least have it unlockable if you want the Gamer to experiance your game soundtrack, I would love to listen to Metal while playing Death match in Halo, or AOTCR a level I have played 6 billion times , How cool would it be for an unlockable in the Silent hill series to be able to liten to Vital Remains or Krisiun or some other superb Death metal, hell even barbie horse adventures might be fun if Cannibal corpse was able to play in the background

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I think games should be what they have always been: Meant to be the way the developer intended. Because, I'd rather not play my own game...I'd rather play the game that is at hand.

But, if it's a Snowboarding game, Racing game, and similar types, obviously custom soundtracks would have no possibility in changing the intentions of the developers...in many cases, custom soundtracks only improves upon it.

nah, i don't think all games should support custom soundtracks.. games like halo, for example, wouldn't be as good if you were listening to any other soundtrack while slaughtering the covenant.

custom soundtracks just aren't meant for certain games.

Thread Information