Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have PGR2 - merged

Default I have PGR2

So, I get a call today from a game store (don't want to get them sued, I've accidently done it before when I got XBL early...) that I preordered PGR2 from and they said they had my game, so I go and pick it up. Take it home and rip of the plastic and I see on the game there's a sticker that says "Do not sell until Nov. 18 2003." I check my cell phone and it says the 15th. Wow, I got another game early. So I thought I'd give you guys a basic synopsis of the game a few days early.

The graphics- I don't think they are much better than PGR, however they are an improvement

Gameplay- Pretty much the same, I got the hang of it in a minute.

Audio- Again we get the custom cd mode, and the original soundtrack has tons of selectionis

The menu system and setup is the only real change. It seems more sleek, and different. I still don't understand it very well, and it seems earning kudos has changed a little bit.

A great add on was the garage and showroom features. It's very different and you even get to test drive most of the cars beforehand.

Also, there is a butt-load of cars.

I'll be back tommorow with a more in-depth review, but that's all I got for you know

XBA has had a review since the beginning of November.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    XBA has had a review since the beginning of November.

That's correct sir

And btw, for whomever said I rated that high and complained that alot of the XBA reviews are high (read: Borka) just take a look at the TXB review - they gave it the same dam thing....

While I'm still new at reviews and all, I just wish people would rather critique me than question my opinions...but whatever, it's still the best racer that's been out so far IMO.

XBA's Trojan

Default Re: I have PGR2

Originally posted by Plewis
    So, I get a call today from a game store (don't want to get them sued, I've accidently done it before when I got XBL early...) that I preordered PGR2 from and they said they had my game, so I go and pick it up. Take it home and rip of the plastic and I see on the game there's a sticker that says "Do not sell until Nov. 18 2003." I check my cell phone and it says the 15th. Wow, I got another game early. So I thought I'd give you guys a basic synopsis of the game a few days early.

The graphics- I don't think they are much better than PGR, however they are an improvement

Gameplay- Pretty much the same, I got the hang of it in a minute.

Audio- Again we get the custom cd mode, and the original soundtrack has tons of selectionis

The menu system and setup is the only real change. It seems more sleek, and different. I still don't understand it very well, and it seems earning kudos has changed a little bit.

A great add on was the garage and showroom features. It's very different and you even get to test drive most of the cars beforehand.

Also, there is a butt-load of cars.

I'll be back tommorow with a more in-depth review, but that's all I got for you know
    A lot of people have been getting this early. I got my copy yesterday and a couple of my friends got it today. The store said that once one store let it go early, they decided to do the same.

I saw the game today when I was at Best Buy. I want to buy it but I have to save my money for DDR Ultramix, since I really must have that game now. PGR still remains my favorite racing game of all time and I know PGR2 will top that. That's another game that makes me feel bad for not having XBL.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I will give Project Gotham Racing another try but i just didn't like it i felt bored. It is a good game though. I think they should of named it something better because people think it is a batman game by the gotham name in it.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by Cloud Strife
    I saw the game today when I was at Best Buy. I want to buy it but I have to save my money for DDR Ultramix, since I really must have that game now. PGR still remains my favorite racing game of all time and I know PGR2 will top that. That's another game that makes me feel bad for not having XBL.

I cant wait to play this game, especially since my friend lost my pgr1

So much for the "firm" release date. It didn't work with Midtown Madness 3 and it didn't work again here. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'll be looking for it tomorrow.

since everyone is getting their copy early, do you think that they will do the same with counter-strike?
    -Mark

bust a nut

Originally posted by BananaMan
    since everyone is getting their copy early, do you think that they will do the same with counter-strike?
    or halo 2

Originally posted by No Fear 23

or halo 2
    -Mark

Default Just picked up PGR2..

PGR2 is in some stores.. Call you local E*... Gonna eat and play this game..

Late..
    Editor - Hidden Content Hidden Content Win a AMD FX-60!

"True adaptability involves changing ones self to meet ones environment, not changing ones environment to meet ones needs" - Species8472

I tried finding it today and to no luck. I guess I will wait till this week sometime

I think I will pick up PGR2 this week too...seems like a good racer.

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

Do you know if this whole getting the PGR 2 early thing is only for preorders? If it aint, I might be able to check ot EB tomorrow...

My girlfriend saw it at walmart today. And i heard eb and toysrus are putting it out early

can you tune your car at all?

if not, the game is going to be in for some serious competition.

Like I said in an earlier post, so much for Xbox's attempt at having a "firm" release date of Nov. 18th. It didn't work for Midtown Madness 3 and it didn't work for PG2.

I know.. But apparently if one store slips, they all slip.. Works for me.. If the game is ready, ship it to customers...

BTW: This game rocks.. Improvements in every single dept.. Graphics, Sound, Controls, UI, Cars, the addition of XBL, etc, etc, etc..

Late..
    Editor - Hidden Content Hidden Content Win a AMD FX-60!

"True adaptability involves changing ones self to meet ones environment, not changing ones environment to meet ones needs" - Species8472

Project Gotham Racing was the second game I got for xbox. I will be getting the next game as soon as I can. I want this game the first was great.

Thread Information