Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft now charging money for DLC.. new MechAssault downloads - $4.99

Default Microsoft now charging money for DLC.. new MechAssault downloads - $4.99

New MechAssault content available

Xbox title adds new game types, maps for games stuck on best-selling multiplayer title.

Gamers still playing one of Xbox's most admired titles, MechAssault, have some additional content to explore. Word from Microsoft is that two new multiplayer game types and three new multiplayer maps are available now via Xbox Live.

The new game content and maps will set you back $4.99. The downloads continue the tradition that regularly sees new content being made available to MechAssault gamers.

By Staff, GameSpot [POSTED: 11/25/03 06:11 PM]

Source

I guess it's worth it, though.....

Well I guess its not that bad since its for all of that content... but since i have no BB or XBL then it doesnt really effect me.

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

damn, i dont think they should do this, i think they should just go ahead and create a new game, its old...

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
    damn, i dont think they should do this, i think they should just go ahead and create a new game, its old...
    I agree

Thats one reason pay for DL content won't work too well. By the time they make something worth paying for, the game is past its live prime.

That's stupid! It needs to be free? What happens in a map rotating game like RS3 if not everybody paid to get the newest map? Does it just boot you? This is insane!

Ya even the Mechassult maps rotate and i dont think ill be paying $5.00, which sucks so then i will be booted each time a map i dont have comes up.

After a while 5 + 5 + 5 ect will add up.
    Halo is Life Hidden Content

Yeah, but remember guys, this doesn't mean this will happen again, they might just be testing the idea.....

Shocked

man i really hope this snt like a cry for help from MS...some ppl say that X-Box hasnt been doin so hot these days and if they r makin us pay for new downloads...wuts next to come...is this a cry for help??? i sure hope not and i think this is just a crazy idea of mine which when u guys get to no me u shall realize that i have a LOT of crazy ideas...neways just a thought...pce

Banned

Default Re: Microsoft now charging money for DLC.. new MechAssault downloads - $4.99

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    New MechAssault content available

Xbox title adds new game types, maps for games stuck on best-selling multiplayer title.

Gamers still playing one of Xbox's most admired titles, MechAssault, have some additional content to explore. Word from Microsoft is that two new multiplayer game types and three new multiplayer maps are available now via Xbox Live.

The new game content and maps will set you back $4.99. The downloads continue the tradition that regularly sees new content being made available to MechAssault gamers.

By Staff, GameSpot [POSTED: 11/25/03 06:11 PM]

Source

I guess it's worth it, though.....
    MS is making a big mistake if the start doing this... a big mistake.

Sorry to be off topic here but damn... if thats "gamer_chick" in that pic, she is hot!
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

Maybe if they imposed the fee on a game that didn't say "Free downloads" right on the freaking box that would be ok. Dear god. Boo to microsoft on this one.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Anyways, I dont agree at all with this crap from MS! $4.99 for DLC for a game that we payed for?... That is just robbery, MS advertised that the DLC was free and NOW it costs $4.99! Boo to MS for this crap!
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

But in the begining the did say there was going to be a price for DLC. But i still dont agree with it and atleast not on Mechassult casue it said free DLC on the box like MerimacHamwich said.
    Halo is Life Hidden Content

Sorry but $50 a year is my fee for all downloads. Biggest *raspberry* in the world towards MS right now.

Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Maybe if they imposed the fee on a game that didn't say "Free downloads" right on the freaking box that would be ok. Dear god. Boo to microsoft on this one.
    Good point.

When maps rotate, there HAS TO BE the opporotunity for total uniformity lest Xbox Live become a very inconvenient atmostphere for gaming.

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
    Sorry but $50 a year is my fee for all downloads. Biggest *raspberry* in the world towards MS right now.

Straight up fo shizzle on that one... MS would be Mega ****ty to go along with this idea...

God...I mean first they start with this game...It will probably just expand to where Xbox Live will cost extra to have the "Download Plan"...

Nobody pay for content and we will shut the "Man" down at its source!

Check this out. After purchasing 8 XBoxes and a crapload of "system link" games (8 at a time, including MA, MM3, Counterstrike, Crimson Skies, R63, GR, GRIT, RTCW etc.) 1-800-4my-xbox tells me I have to pay $4.95 (x8) for MA content !!! Sorry... They can keep it !!!

Last edited by shawns20; 11-26-2003 at 12:23 AM.
    Proud owner of 11 X Boxes and 2 360s

Never let it be said, I didn't do the least I could do.

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Me too
    Some games are only "LIVE ONLINE ENRBLED" because of the content DL, if they do that, what next, paying a extra fee to play online for some games (more Phantasy Star OnLine)
    Nothing in life is free, even free Speech comes at a cost.
    We have to hear words we may not like, statements we do not agree with or/& do not wish to hear.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

*shrug* For 2 new online modes and 3 new maps...5bucks really doesn't seem that bad.

I mean.....a foot long sweet onion chicken teryaki(sp) sub from Subway in a meal deal with a drink and cookies is 7.90 at school.

5bucks for 3 new maps and 2 new online modes........really doesn't seem so bad.

Shawn, you pay 400bucks on 8 copies of one game. What is 40? Then again......it IS Mech Assualt. If it was RS3......I'd be all over it like white on rice though.

I can see this as a bad thing, but then again...you don't have to buy it either. And besides, MS already said some downloads would cost money. On RS3 they state that the garage was........FREE!!! So that means there are going to be some pay to play downloads for that game as well. I just wish they'd hurry the F up and let us download em. I need a new map or 6

the thing you guys are forgetting is: How much MORE FREE STUFF can Microsoft give us for Mechassault?

I bet 99% of the people in this thread don't know much about the game because they stopped playing it a long time ago.

Infact, the game has had over 11 sets of DLC. Including a lobby and talk icons.

If people are really into this game and are still playing it after it being out for over a year, then paying $5 for even MORE content sounds fair to me.

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Thread Information