Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Halo 2 Multiplayer info (unreliable but good)

Default New Halo 2 Multiplayer info (unreliable but good)

Here is the article from GameDreamZ:

Looks like Christmas is coming early to Gamedreamz! Santa Hog has finished his list of whose been naughty and nice; and determined you all deserve a lump of coal the size of Cape Cod!! Sadly I don’t have enough of those. So what does the Hedgehog have in mind for you all? Two Words, “HALO 2 MULTIPLAYER”! Now seeing as none of you deserve this news I’ll give it to you all on one condition. That no one asks or contemplates who I had to beat, bribe, stock, or sleep with in order to get this intel, OK?

Practice Your Wort Worting!
    First up is the slickest of the news bits, Halo 2 will have an online mode called Covenant vs. Humans. As it sounds, this mode pits one side of players, playing Elites, against their opponents, the Spartans! Even more drool worthy, is the news that these online missions will tie in directly to the single player story. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but my own theory is that these online missions will move in tandem with the Chief’s storyline. So gamers online will be fighting their way to the Covenant Cruiser in Mombassa as the Spartans, while the Elites try to halt their advance!

The Hedgehog’s Take- Sorry Masochists, you can’t play as a Grunt!

The Most Primo Real Estate in the Galaxy!
    Please allow me to put all your fears to rest. “Blood Gulch” is back for Halo 2 and better than ever! Bungie is apparently keeping the overall feel of the map intact, but making some slight modifications to cope with Halo 2’s larger battles. I can’t go into details, but expect the bases to get some upgraded defenses, and the size of the map to be increased overall.

I’m told several other favorite maps from the original Halo will be returning as well, but the only specific one I could get was Blood Gulch.

The Hedgehog’s Take- That box canyon has come a long ways for a field that never was supposed to even be in the original Halo.

Nights Out, Lights Out!
    You didn’t think that new Lighting Engine of Bungie’s was just for the single player game did you? Seems many if not all of Halo 2’s multiplayer maps will have changeable lighting conditions, so you can play them in the dark or in the light! This should be especially sick on the outdoor maps!

The Hedgehog’s Take- Hey Cammy, want to go for a moonlit ride through Blood Gulch in my Warthog!?

No Time to Make MC Angles in the Snow!
    As if variable time’s of day wasn’t enough, some maps will apparently have variable WEATHER effects too! Bungie’s toying around with this idea in order to give the multiplayer maps more depth in how they affect gameplay. Snow in the air could decrease visibility, torrential rains may make driving a nightmare, and I wouldn’t want to be flying a Banshee in a thunder storm.

The Hedgehog’s Take- Grunties roasting on an open fire, Plasma bolts nipping at your nose! Come on everyone sing along!

Truly, The War of The Worlds.
    Obviously for a game as HUGE as Halo 2 a normal ranking system simply would not do! While I don’t know all the details I know that their will be clan support, and all the other standards, but my source hinted at something bigger. As if the results of games online could affect the very outcome of the war between Humanity and The Covenant. Perhaps gamers will be able to shape the future of Halo 2’s online content depending on which side wins more online battles.

The Hedgehog’s take- I actually know more than that, but Bungie will sick their flaming Ninjas on me if I say anymore!

Ok, I know this isn't from Bungie, but Ed Fries said we will likely hear some info on Halo 2's Multiplayer by the end of the year. I think the information sounds somewhat valid, but can only be confirmed by Bungie. So don't trust or hope until Bungie opens its mouth.

This news is sorta new , most of that info is in The EGM Halo 2 coverage, So I am hoping for more Info , but some new stuff has arisen in that article

So if Halo comes out April 1st thats five months away, and is Spring 2004 , I have read march also but always Spring, so thats really close ,

Pretty nice info man. All I knew was better graphics, new guns and couple vehicles...and ..that's it, lol. Really lookin foward to weather and lighting effects.
    Hidden Content
    Aint War Special?

That's nice.

Here are things from the original Halo that I hope they keep intact:

1. Split-screen on-line gaming. Sure you can play with your friends on seperate TV's or in seperate houses, but that doesn't offer quite the same comradery as when you're sharing a couch and a bag a Fritos.

2. Spartan v. Spartan equal spawning: One of the great things about Halo was that the playing field was always equal. With the exception of slight camo advantages and flag postition advantages for the red or blue team, both sides were completely even at the start. I hope that is maintained as it leads to a level of versataility that is not possible when one side has a specialization (as Spartans or Elites might have).

3. It's good that they're updating Blood Gulch, but I would also like to see a Blood Gulch Classic, where only the graphics are updated.

I'm sure Bungie knows how important split screen was to the success of Halo, so expect them to keep all the game selling features of the original like system link, co-op, and split screen. Remember this: Bungie knows how to make games good

yea some of this info feels old. but thats cool how they tie the multiplayer online to the single player story, i just hope they have many campaign missions in multiplayer and more different objectives in multiplayer.

I don't know what to think about this.

Shocked Halo 2 Multiplayer

I'm looking for something surprising. Shock me.

I want to hear about a red, blue, yellow, and green team. And tell me that you can make your own caves and pathways (with a rocket for example) in blood gulch. Hell, tell me I can make my own map. Arrrgh.

Sorry, I get a little wired when Halo 2 comes up. I cant get any info and the speculation is killin me.

Im better now.

Brasco

Default Re: New Halo 2 Multiplayer info (unreliable but good)

Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
    Santa Hog has finished his list of whose been naughty and nice; and determined you all deserve a lump of coal the size of Cape Cod!!
    Hey I live on cape cod and its a lot bigger than you think!

Default Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer

Originally posted by Donnie_B
    tell me that you can make your own caves and pathways (with a rocket for example) in blood gulch.
    Well I wouldn't expect there to be Geo-Mod in the game, but there is environmental damage like throw a grenade it makes a crater type things, and you can destroy objects made of weaker material like wood or plastic. But who knows, maybe you can take out buildings with a tank! (don't expect that last part to be true )

Default Re: Re: New Halo 2 Multiplayer info (unreliable but good)

Originally posted by bretman1234

Hey I live on cape cod and its a lot bigger than you think!
    Hehe, sorry to offend you by posting that part of the article

I've been to Cape Cod before, but I don't remember it I was too little.

I'm sure Bungie knows how important split screen was to the success of Halo, so expect them to keep all the game selling features of the original like system link, co-op, and split screen. Remember this: Bungie knows how to make games good
    I'm not too confident that they do know how important split screen online play was. A lot of dev's seem to think it's no longer important or desirable on XBL. I haven't seen to many split screen FPS's on Live--UC in the only one I can think of.

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

i saw some guy post this at txb and get hella flamed because they said information was old and founded on numerous rumors

funny how a our forum community perceives information like this

anyways, there are supposed to be destructable levels.....but i'm thinking its already predetermined $hit on a map (in a city level blowing up columns will make a roof fall down, and my money is on it being mostly a single player aspect)

but we can hope, i just dont want another 11/15 fiasco
    gone but not forgotten.....

XBA HotShot

how many maps do you think that halo 2 is going to have for mutplayer, and are they going to have the bantachs. like in the PC version??

Almost sounds too good to be true.

If it wasn't bungie developing the game, I'd say it was bongus.

I'm looking forward to Halo 2...

-Xarcell

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

Originally posted by Xarcell
    Almost sounds too good to be true.

If it wasn't bungie developing the game, I'd say it was bongus.

I'm looking forward to Halo 2...

-Xarcell
    yeah NC in da house....what part playya

i'm in goldsboro
    gone but not forgotten.....

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer

Well I wouldn't expect there to be Geo-Mod in the game, but there is environmental damage like throw a grenade it makes a crater type things, and you can destroy objects made of weaker material like wood or plastic. But who knows, maybe you can take out buildings with a tank! (don't expect that last part to be true )

I agree with you apart from the last bit. Wait actually it might happen in mulitplayer mode. Anyway the environment is not going to be fully destructible, you can destroy small bridges so that it collapses on the enemy. The enemy can even destroy stuff to use as cover for themselves (I heard this from a magazine that interviewed them). This will make it challenging. The multiplayer should have this type of destructible environment.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

The Hedgehog’s Take- Sorry Masochists, you can’t play as a Grunt!
    NOOOOOOOoooooooo.......!

This better be BS. Serious, I so wanna be able to play a Grunt. Come on Bungie, throw me a freakin' bone, won't ya?

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

If you get a mod xbox then you can play as a grunt by touching the enemy and of a push of a button you will pocess the grunt's body. The covenant won't even notice. You can play as Elites as well.

^this is for Halo 1 obviously. Just trying to clear a few points

Thread Information