Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil?

Question Resident Evil?

is it true that capcom signed a deal w/ nintendo that they were going to remake the resident evil's and my 3 new ones exclusivley for gamecube then call it quits for resident evil?

p.s. how in the hell do i make my signature a picture?

Frostberg

read your private messages! I responded like 2 minutes after you sent it lol

yes, unfortunatly Resident Evil is a KiddyCube exclusive.
    the first RE will be a total remake and part 2 & 3 will be ports (last I heard).
    Im depressed by this news being that im a RE hardcore fan!

Frostberg

Dont be sad J, we will have our share of exclusives as well...

yeah......... thanks frost,..... but it still hurts
    I mean, Resident Evil 2 was a classic. I owned all the ported Dreamcast version (only part 2 & 3 were ported from PSOne) as well as RE: CODE Veronica.
    To know I wont see RE4 and so forth on my Xbox makes me wheap But your right, we will have other exclusive and that will hopefully help da pain.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    yes, unfortunatly Resident Evil is a KiddyCube exclusive.
    the first RE will be a total remake and part 2 & 3 will be ports (last I heard).
    Im depressed by this news being that im a RE hardcore fan!
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but GC is getting:

RE0-totally new and exclusive

RE1-totally remade...with redesigned levels and vassttlly improved graphics

RE2-port

RE3-port

RE:Code Veronicea-port

RE4-totally new and exclusive

at least last time I checked...feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

GC doesn't look so kiddy now does it?
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-02-2002 at 11:45 PM.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Koopa

Sorry to burst your bubble, but GC is getting:

RE0-totally new and exclusive

RE1-totally remade...with redesigned levels and vassttlly improved graphics

RE2-port

RE3-port

RE:Code Veronicea-port

RE4-totally new and exclusive

at least last time I checked...feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

GC doesn't look so kiddy now does it?
    Dude, it's just typical Nintendo...milking a game for all it's worth. Exactly how many Mario games can you count? LOL

And, man...Resident Evil is older than my grandpa's buckskin condom and my grandmother's wooden tampon

hey, hey, hey,.... watch what your saying junior! Just because Resident Evil is not on Xbox doesnt mean you gotta rip on da series. The only weak link in this series was RE:3
    Resident Evil never got milked out little trooper! Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is proof of that.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    hey, hey, hey,.... watch what your saying junior! Just because Resident Evil is not on Xbox doesnt mean you gotta rip on da series. The only weak link in this series was RE:3
    Resident Evil never got milked out little trooper! Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is proof of that.
    hehehe....I was wondering how long it would take you to respond Hey, don't get me wrong, RE was a good series...it's truly a classic. I wish Nintendo well but I won't be missing it. Now, you could agree with me on this, however: If Nintendo got Sega to develop exclusive games versus just getting RE, now, that would be mighty devistating....but, it's only RE! Think about how small of an accomplishment that is for just one moment!

Besides, it always cracks me up when I hear LameCube fanboys defend the LameCube by saying "The GameCube is not such a kiddie system after all because of Resident Evil"....LOL........I can't get over that!!! Talk about a gross and pathetic defense taking into consideration that the LameCube has Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, and Super Monkey Ball !!

But, I will hand the LameCube a huge thumbs up for what's going to become the best Metroid game on the planet...now, that game has some nice promises You see, I can be reasonable

Originally posted by Maximus

And, man...Resident Evil is older than my grandpa's buckskin condom and my grandmother's wooden tampon

WHAT!! Buck Skin condoms are out of style. No wonder girls give me wierd looks when i take it out of my fridge. Who would of thought!!!

/JJaX Runs away into the forest

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

so you were waiting for my reply huh max? Look to me like you were setting up a Ninja back slap on da ass!
    You make nice points on Sega vs. Capcom, but your wrong about this being something little.
    Dont sleep on things like this Max. This title (or should I say these titles and the following new ones) are gonna sell systems whether you like RE still or not.
    D@amn, ........... a remake of RE:1 and RE:4 and on and on will be exclusives,.... *****, I might besold on this!

I'm a huge fan of the Resident Evil series. I have all of the games in the series thus far, and will be purchasing the remake as soon as it is released for the GCN.

Whats that? You didn't know I had a Gamecube? Of course I do. I'm a GAMER who loves all forms of console-based gaming.

Just to set my fellow Xbox Addicts minds at ease, I'll tell you that my Gamecube is still sitting in the box, unopened. I have yet to purchase a game for it, since I have yet to see anything that impresses me enough to shell out the dough. If the new Resident Evil turns out to be the only game I get for it, thats fine.

that's exsactly what im gonna do VAN. Im just waiting for a navy blue (or some shade) of a KiddyCube.
    I look like it this way, im not gonna suffer another generation of gaming just to be loyal to one hardware company.
    Kiddy Cube will be mine along with RE (original) and RE4 , and whatever else that ships exclusively.

I was loyal to Sega for over a decade and I missed soooooo much,.... it wont happen again.

Um,....... unlessit comes out for PS2! Sony can kiss my Ninja ass!

Yea, its coming out for Gamecube. But look at Project Ego, Brute Force, and others and cheer up. We have those exclusively.

And,

GCN has RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE: CV but that doesnt mean we can't have RE5 and up. Maybe will get it for x-box too someday, you never know. Just like Silent Hill 1 isn't for x-box, but SH2 is.

Starving College Student

I won't make any commentary on your attitudes toward gamecube in this thread...but I just hope Miyazaki posts here...

anyway, you'd be surprised at the number of mature games GC has...if anyone's interested i'd be happy to post the list, and compre it to Xbox's list just gimme the word and I'll do it.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Koopa
    I won't make any commentary on your attitudes toward gamecube in this thread...but I just hope Miyazaki posts here...

anyway, you'd be surprised at the number of mature games GC has...if anyone's interested i'd be happy to post the list, and compre it to Xbox's list just gimme the word and I'll do it.
    Word.

Exclamation ROCK ON XBOX

Has anyone heard about the game "Gun Valkyrie"? that game looks pretty tyte. Another game that looks pretty sweet is "Circus Maximus"

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Maximus

Word.
    wow that happened faster than I thought. ONe second, lemme find the list

ahh here it is

*=exclusive
    Xbox:

*Psychotoxic : The 4th Horseman (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
    *Crime Patrol (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
    Genma Onimusha (Onimusha 1 remade, wow)
    Giants
    Half-Life 2
    Halo
    *Kabuki Warriors
    Max Payne
    Mortal Kombat 5
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
    *Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Don't know, can somebody confirm exclusitivity?)
    *Brute Force
    *Project KX
    Turok Evolution
    The Thing
    *Dino Crisis 3
    Dino Crisis 4
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    X-Isle
    Engalus
    BloodRayne
    Crazy Taxi

23 Total, 7 exclusive

Gamecube:

BloodRayne
    Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
    Crazy Taxi
    Crazy Taxi 2
    *Die Hard
    Duke Nukem Forever
    *Eternal Darkness
    *Evil Twin - Cyprien's Chronicles (Exclusive as far as I know)
    Maximo or Devil May Cry
    *Metroid Prime
    Mortal Kombat 5
    *Ninja Gaiden (Rumored to be Gamecube exclusive for a little while, Nintendo fans are the only people who are going to remember this series anyway)
    *Perfect Dark: Zero
    *Resident Evil (remade version)
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3
    *Resident Evil 4
    *Resident Evil 0
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    *Rune
    The Thing
    *Thornado
    *Too Human
    Turok Evolution
    Dino Crisis 4
    X-Ilse
    Engalus
    *Conker's Other Bad Fur Day (Strongly rumored and has appeared on Rare release lists)

28 Total, 13 exclusive

of course, I didn' t add a few highly probable GC games like Max Payne and GTA3, both of whoose developers have signed on for GC development, if I remember correctly.

if you're wondering about Crazy Taxi (and I was too), apparently your clientelle cusses you out when you don't make it to your destination in time, among other things.

BTW I havta give credit to Miyazaki for doing the research on this. Feel free to make corrections, provided you've got up-to-date sources to back up your claims

at the very least you must admit that GC and Xbox have similar numbers of mature games, and at best you'd admit that GC has more (don't worry, I'm not holding my breath )
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-03-2002 at 02:21 PM.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I hope you arent holding your breath for that rumored Ninja Gaiden on KiddyCube cause rumor also has it that it will be an Xbox exclusive. If I had to bet I would put my money on Xbox for the simple fact everyone at Tecmo did nothing but praise the Xbox during and after the release of Dead Or Alive 3.

Oh,... and why would anyone worry about Ninja Gaiden when we all have Ninja Jubei keeping it real up in da addict joint!

Frostberg

Even though Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is coming out to the PC also, it will be better for the XBox (Is FF ever better on the PC?? ok then)

Thread Information