Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA3 in March hahahehehaha

Default GTA3 in March hahahehehaha

Looks like GTA3 will be here in March. Start saving your cash. I realize it won't be much better than the PS2 version but it's still a must buy in my books

http://www.gamespy.com/games/3466.shtml

Exclamation Uh Oh

will it be the same as ps2 or will it not be. because they are takin the ps2 one off the shelves, oh sh it

Default ???????????

are these pics from the ps2 or X-BOX version of the game?
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

Those look like xbox pics but please, pleeeeeease tell me that they are working on integrating AA in this game. Those are some harsh jaggies especially the first pic. The others aren't too bad.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

As far as I can tell they are Xbox pics :^( Granted its not gonna be a graphics marvel but I have played the PS2 version of this game and it is awsome. I'm just glad its gonna be on Xbox even if its not as good looking as it could be. GTA is a great series.

On a side note this game was only pulled of the shelf in Austrailia and it looks like its gonna be back there in february anyways for Aussie PS2 owners.

Default GTA3

GTA3 for the XBOX is suppose to have some new graphics as well as some new missions (rumor so far) but the graphics for the XBOX verison look so much clearer. I cant wait to pick it up for XBOX, as for it being discontinued for Sony (that was a rumor also)

XBOX ROCKS!

one little odd thing - in that article linked by that page (about the australian version getting pulled) they have someone from take two saying there are no plans to release it on xbox...

probably has just changed since then, or the person didn't know what they were talking about, but still...

PIMP

Hey guys,

I've heard the same rumor about pulling GTA 3 off the shelves.. but I've also heard that If It's still coming to xbox the violence Is going to be taken way down.. this will ruin the game If It's true.. I sure hope not. I'll probably buy this game If they don't tune down the violence and If It's better than the PS2 version. Personally I'd rather have Wreckless than GTA 3.. exspecially If they really tone down the violence.

-Matt

I haven't heard about the violence being turned down. Judging by the screen shots it doesn't look like it has either. Cops are shooting him at point blank range with blood squirting. Maybe you won't be free to kill everyone around you? People dodge out of the way ala crazy taxi?

That would suck though.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Not soon enough in my opinion if they're just porting the game.

PIMP

yeah, I'm afraid they might do something like that.. If so, I'm not going to buy the game for xbox! My brother has the game for PS2 but I never play It so...

and he wishes he would have gotten an xbox even though I already had one!

-Matt

yay!!! Some real screens!! thay look alright i suppose. It might just be the same as the ps2 tho.
    Dont hate the GameCube!!!!
    If you were aged 4-12, you wouldn't care about killer graphics and amazing games. Would you??? Noooo. Thats right.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm afraid to say that I have never played GTA3...but, I'm curious, how does this game differ from a playability and graphical standpoint to Max Payne?

Basically there is a huge city, and I mean huge, and you're just thrown into it. You can do whatever you want then, carjack people, drive around and wreak havoc. Walk down the block with a baseball bat, beating up everyone you see, stuff we don't really get to do in real life =b Total freedom, of course the cops will be on your arse in a jiffy, but that's where it gets fun, hehe.

Aside from that, there is missions you can do by going to your various connections to the mob, which kinda sucked in previous GTA's but are actually pretty cool here. They ask you to do various things like assassinations, being the driver for bank robberies, getting rid of bodies, etc etc.

I loved the first GTA a loong time ago when it first came out. Now that I played GTA 3 at my friends house, I can't friggin wait to get my hands on it for Xbox and have it all to myself, lol. The game has awesome awesome replay value. The missions alone will take you more time than most other complete games to finish. The great part is that there is so much more to do, because you can do whatever you want. The missions are totally optional (well you need to complete them to open up more areas of the city). I would write more but I just got home and I'm d*mn tired, heh. There is definetely much more to write about it and much more to do than what I mentioned. Very very open game.

If you went out and bought each game maximus, this is what you should do with them

max payne - in the bin

GTA 3 -in the box

I'm not saying that max payne is rubbish. Hey its one of the best games i've ever played. Its just that you will have no time to play it if you get GTA3 because by the time you finish GTA3, Max payne 2 will be released. Get it?
    If you were aged 4-12, you wouldn't care about killer graphics and amazing games. Would you??? Noooo. Thats right.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Manboy and Pukkaboy...I appreciate the replies. But, I'm still a little unclear. Don't get me wrong...I plan on getting GTA 3...but, because I have Max Payne, I'm just trying to figure out what differs or what similarities are in the gameplay and graphics in GTA3 vs Max Payne.

I have a great idea what GTA3 is all about. And, quite frankly, this game sounds like a must buy in my book. I'm just trying to learn a little more about it from a gameplay and graphical standpoint. Thanks thus far

Finally, proof that it is coming. Thank you.

*stores $50 in an envelope named GTA3*

GTA3 shouldn't be anything but top-down 2d (with 3d buildings) gameplay....
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

oh, sorry, umm.... OK!

Both games are from a third person perspective. They look pretty good aswell. Max payne is definately alot more detailed than GTA3. Probably because it is on the ps2. But anyhow, some of the camera angles in gta3 while you are on foot are not so good. I never noticed any problems when playing max. Hmmmm what else.....CARS!! None drivable in max payne. About 50 differant types drivable in gta3. and when you do a big jump, time slows down like in max and it looks like some cool action movie. the mooving about on foot is the same though. also, better guns in max. and bullet time kicks ass.

hope that helped

i hope they dont "tone it down"
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Thread Information