Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morrowind GotY or KotOR.....which one should i get..

Default Morrowind GotY or KotOR.....which one should i get..

I have played quite a bit of morrowind GotY at my friends and have enjoyed it quite a bit but am not one to swear by it, on the other hand i have read many great things about KotOR and i want to know which one i should invest my time and money into. I will tell you that in morrowind i love how different you can make your characters and by that you can completely alter how you play/approach the game. In KotOR do you get to decide what your character looks like, there race, skills etc. or does everyone play with the same character. Please give me as much detail to persuade me one way or the other. Thanks.

In KotoR, everyone starts with one pre-selected character. As you play through the game, you can get different outfits, armor, etc that change your appearance. On top of that, depending how you play, your character's features will change as they slip to the dark side or the light side of the force. Your actions in the game with other characters will decide what happens there.

If you want some advice on which one to get, get them both. Actually, you need them both. Get KotoR first, though.

Hippie kicking champion TuffEagle88's Avatar

I haven't played either, so I don't have a prefrence, but I would get GOTY because it is cheaper, you get 3 games for the price of one and that you have played it and know what to expect. Thats just an opinion and I hear KOTOR is pretty good, but I'm gonna buy GOTY pretty soon... You should do what should always be done- rent them first if you can.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the siggy!
    "We go feet first!"

I say get them both. Morrowind GOTY is $30 in the States, which is an amazing price. I've only played the regular Morrowind, which I found amazing. You can probably get KOTOR for pretty cheap if you buy it used as well. But I would recomend renting KOTOR first before you put money down on it. KOTOR is also amazing btw.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

I'm gonna be boring

I would get both, but if you only could get one i'd say GOTY. I beat KOTOR too fast and with GOTY there's so much to do on the side. In the original I didn't even know that the blades quest was the main storyline and I joined almost all the guilds and the telvanni before actually starting the main quest. It's an awesome game.

Totally. The depth of Morrowind GOTY is astonishing. There is just SO much you can do in that game. I've put in over 30 hours and I haven't even finished the 3rd part of the main quest. I think it is a totally amazing game. Words are not enough. AND, it's real-time fighting, not turn-based crap. I say get that, but then again I didn't like KOTOR that much. Tough choice for you.
    Last edited by Ford Mustang; 01-05-2004 at 04:22 PM.

You get a lot of character customization in both games. I didn't get as many hours out of KotOR as I did Morrowind, but I enjoyed my more limited KotOR hours slightly more. I can't really pick a favorite. You should got both. Don't force yourself to choose between the two.

You should get Morrowind if you like all out RPG's with just about everything, but if you into starwars or more of a strategy killing, then get starwars.
    Shotgun-$560
    Ammo-$150

kICK'N THE **** OUT OF THE COVENANT-Priceless
    Hidden Content

Get a Life(US Navy)

I would definatly get Goty because there is so much to do in the game.I have loged in over a 1000 hours on each game i have created and still have not explored everything there is to explore.I loved the original and I practically worship this one.In a figure of speech.
    Life,Liberty,and the Pursuit of all who threaten it.

HOLY @#$% dude!!!! 1000 hours? ive only put like 400 into everquest and been playin it for over a year. LOL, guess i should pick it up

Get a Life(US Navy)

It is called summer fun.

Angry Morrowind. One of the best RPG"s ever

If your haveing a hard time deciding between morrowind and another game I'd have to tell you one thing....GET MORROWIND FOR CHRITS SAKE! It is the best rpg I have ever played, and I've played a lot of rpg's

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

I would go with Kotor since it can be found cheaper online then a store bought Morrowind. Not sure about the web prices but shop around. If money is a huge issue then go for whatever works best to your budget. Both games rock. You will get 60+ hours out of Kotor if you beat it light & dark side. Morrowind's time frame is however long you want it to be.

Get a Life(US Navy)

that is wat i like most about it.

I've been playing Morrowind for probally 6 months, just off and on, expierimenting with different characters, and it's great. I just started KOTOR about a week ago and it's extremely addictive, but not as open ended. I would probally say go with GOTY, and pick up KOTOR in 4 or 5 months, when you finally finish Morrowind!!
    "My heart is broke, I have some glue, help me inhale, mend it with you, we'll float around,hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hang over"- Kurt Cobain

Get a Life(US Navy)

there is no finishing morrowind, it coninues even after you win all three of the main quests

Dbrizzle

Hey i have Morrowind GotY and I love it. But what the heck is KOtor or whatever anyways?

Get a Life(US Navy)

Knights of the Old Republic

Dbrizzle

Ahhh.. Is that on LIVE or is that another star wars game?

Get a Life(US Navy)

I think it is live.

Thread Information