Thread: XBOX gets a new light gun! Actually a light RIFLE!

Default XBOX gets a new light gun! Actually a light RIFLE!

If you've noticed the XBOX is low on light guns (only 1 by mad catz) and light gun games (only House of the Dead 3). But everything will change late in February when XBOX gets a new light gun shooter and a new light gun! The game is silent scope complete http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/234665.asp and it includes all previous Silent Scope games in it. As you know for silent scope, you need a sniper rifle to play otherwise it's not much fun. Well, Pelican is releasing their very own sniper rifle for the game http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801667

The guns features: Features removable auto activated scope with motion sensor; full operational pump action reloader; and removeable stock with linear kickback simulation.

It sounds pretty cool, my only con is that..why green and black? I know it's the xbox colors, but a green gun?!

Thumbs up

That gun is awesome I used to play SS all the time at the arcade, those were fun games

I seriously want this game and the gun... but geez the gun is 50 bucks alone. Maybe i'll ask for it as a birthday present...

I know, the game is $40 and the gun is $50...but at least it's not like the $200 Steel Battalion! I might get House of the Dead 3 if I can find it at a cheap price and a light gun (the small pistol ones by mad catz) I know the game is short but it's probably a lot cheaper now and arcade games with accesories are fun, and are fun to play over and over.

Registered User crucialcreation's Avatar

the gun is light green so that xbox doesnt get sued for making a real looking gun i guess. but then again why are there exact replicas of berettas? the world may never know. maybe because the berettas are third party...

Hidden Content
    We'll miss you DZ. RIP man.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'd shoot it.

That'd be sweet if you could use this in Halo.
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Originally posted by George89
    I know, the game is $40 and the gun is $50...but at least it's not like the $200 Steel Battalion! I might get House of the Dead 3 if I can find it at a cheap price and a light gun (the small pistol ones by mad catz) I know the game is short but it's probably a lot cheaper now and arcade games with accesories are fun, and are fun to play over and over.
    the little mad catz gun stinks ,my friend got it an i think it sucks with house of the dead ,this rifle looks cool though
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Lightgun games on home comsoles have never been to fun for me. The rifle looks cool, but not for $50.

They make is green and black so it look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like real gun. In a society where litigations abound it is better to be safe than sorry.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Guy at Gamestop tried to get me jazzed up about that thing. I told him it looked about as stupid as those DDR dance-pads (my opinion, you dancing fools ). Think I offended him, 'cuz he started defending DDR right away, the goon.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

You Can't F*ck With Me!!! CC-CRC's Avatar

I have the mad catz light gun and it blows....

Best console light gun so far in my opinon.. well that i own would be the one that came with duck hunt for the orgional Nintendo
    Xbox Games I Own:
    Nfl Fever 2002, 2003, 2004
    GTA Double Pack, Star Wars KOTOR, Xbox music mixer, Crimson Skies HRTR, HALO, Unreal II, Unreal Championship, Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell, Mechassault, Medal of Honor Frontline, Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot, Outlaw Glof 9 More holes of Xmas, Midtown Madness 3, and OXM's Demo Disks from Volume 3 - Present

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

Could you please say the reason why the mad catz blaster stinks?

hahaha awesome

Prior

the gun looks sweet could you play halo whit it?? and what shooter games could you play whit it??

a very attractive gun

Thatspropa Bo I tell thee The Xbox Mafia's Avatar

Is it just me or does this gun along with the blaster look like a piece of radioactive waste? Although thats not gonna stop me from getting it.
    Xbox games I own: Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, Halo, Capcom vs SNK2, Top Spin, Soul Calibur , RB63 Ninja Gaiden and T.H.U.G

Gamertag: Reservoir Box

This game was awesome at the arcades. The gun looks really cool, too. I don't think I'd pay $50 for just the gun, though.

You Can't F*ck With Me!!! CC-CRC's Avatar

Originally posted by George89
    Could you please say the reason why the mad catz blaster stinks?
    Cuz you have to be super close to have it work.

the gun looks sweet could you play halo whit it?? and what shooter games could you play whit it??
    You would need 2 joystciks to control yourself and it would suck with a light gun.
    Xbox Games I Own:
    Nfl Fever 2002, 2003, 2004
    GTA Double Pack, Star Wars KOTOR, Xbox music mixer, Crimson Skies HRTR, HALO, Unreal II, Unreal Championship, Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell, Mechassault, Medal of Honor Frontline, Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot, Outlaw Glof 9 More holes of Xmas, Midtown Madness 3, and OXM's Demo Disks from Volume 3 - Present

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

In Amber Clad

This looks sweet as hell, but they still have this at the Arcade by my mall, where I still have the high score.

Games have to be MADE to use the light gun, plus, their are too many controls in Halo to use just one trigger. Light guns only work for arcade style games a la House of the Dead, SS, Time Splitter etc, where the game moves for you and all you do is shoot.

....I still like Duck Hunt tho, they should make a scoped gun for that, lol

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Originally posted by themoosearmy

Light guns only work for arcade style games a la House of the Dead, SS, Time Splitter etc, where the game moves for you and all you do is shoot.

Do you mean Time Crisis? Time Splitters is the same as halo, near impossible to use a light gun with. BTW, I think I'll stick with my Time Crisis 2 and 3 and the Guncon 2, which is without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST lightgun of all time. Anyone who argues obviously hasn't tried it. Perfect feel, controls, range and accuracy.

BTW, they need to make a new Point Blank for PS2. And I wish Namco would publish the Time Crisis and Point Blank series for the Xbox, along with the Guncon 2...

Thread Information