Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloodwake is good, but not that good

Default Bloodwake is good, but not that good

I bought bloodwake and I'm disappointed to tell you that it doesn't quite live up to all its hype. Before It came out I thought this game was gonna be huge. Now, I'm not saying it is a terrible game either. It can be very fun at times so I recommend renting it first to see if you like it or not. I also posted a new user review and so did some others so check them out.

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Talking i know

man i knew that game was gonna be crap in the first place!!! i didnt even bother getting it or even looking at it! jus not my type of game thats all
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

YES this game is sort of fun, but there is no replay value at all. If you can't find any good games to play buy the C&C battle chest or play the diablo2 expansion, I have been playing zelda 3 on ZNES to tide me over untill a game as good as HAlo comes out

me and my friend had some real fun for about 15min cause we were on a small map with tons of little boats and i was this huge @$$ boat and i kept plowing through flinging them way the f*ck away kinda funnie had to be there
    if your going to do that do it outside

I seem to like Blood Wake more than you guys do. I think it's a great game.... but why do you say there is no replay value??? It has various modes of multiplayer you can play with your friends....I don't know about you guys, but playing Hall on a system link for 6 hours gets a little old after a while, even with 8 players. That when my friends and I bring out Blood Wake! I wish it had a system link though, that would be some crazy s**t!

This game is great. It is far from cheesy, well minus the voice acting.

Alot of fun but just as difficult. Can't wait to unlock some of the bigger boats.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

i kinda like this game, it has good replay value to me cuz well, its pretty hard...The real bad thing about this game is the animation on the maps when they are telling the story, why not just have a full mini movie going on like most other games? it gets a little boring inbetween the game and the movie scenes

Originally posted by xboxman_1
    I seem to like Blood Wake more than you guys do. I think it's a great game.... but why do you say there is no replay value??? It has various modes of multiplayer you can play with your friends....I don't know about you guys, but playing Hall on a system link for 6 hours gets a little old after a while, even with 8 players. That when my friends and I bring out Blood Wake! I wish it had a system link though, that would be some crazy s**t!
    Only six hours? We had various people walk in and out up to seven at a time for 14 hours... Talk about a day wasted. Well, to be honest, we did some Nascar and Fever in there too...
    =~= [X] Kappaknight [X] =~=

i was thinking of buying this game but after i read some of you peoples posts, it may change my mind. but, im still buying it anyway to see for myself because I really like that game.
    ¤¤ Behold The Power Of XBOX ¤¤

¤° HÎß®ÏРЮÃgøÑ °¤

Proud Member of Xbox Addict

Why not rent it first?
    =~= [X] Kappaknight [X] =~=

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Terraflux
    YES this game is sort of fun, but there is no replay value at all. If you can't find any good games to play buy the C&C battle chest or play the diablo2 expansion, I have been playing zelda 3 on ZNES to tide me over untill a game as good as HAlo comes out
    Dude, you would like Azurik then. I love this game

I'll probably get this game. But, I will probably wait a month or so. The only thing that bugged me about this game is the large ramps that you launch sideways off of...other than that, the game looks pretty fun. To me, I'm a little surprised that people have solid opinions on the game especially since it has only been out for a week or so. In my opinion, a person really can't "experience" a game unless 6-10 hours of gameplay have been done. That's the minimal time I play a game before judging it...just my two cents.

I gotta say me and my friends have been playin HALO multiplayer alot and loving it but I picked up Bloodwake the other day while all my friends laughed at me becuase of all the bad reviews it recieved. That weekend we hooked up to play HALO and I brought Bloodwake just to let them try. We popped in the game and headed to multiplayer mode. 7 hours later we were all still glued to the screen and having a blast. I would recommend this game just for its multiplayer value alone. My only wish for this game is a Cheat/Code to unlock all the boats for playin multuiplayer as I do not have a memory card.

Originally posted by Toonz
    I gotta say me and my friends have been playin HALO multiplayer alot and loving it but I picked up Bloodwake the other day while all my friends laughed at me becuase of all the bad reviews it recieved. That weekend we hooked up to play HALO and I brought Bloodwake just to let them try. We popped in the game and headed to multiplayer mode. 7 hours later we were all still glued to the screen and having a blast. I would recommend this game just for its multiplayer value alone. My only wish for this game is a Cheat/Code to unlock all the boats for playin multuiplayer as I do not have a memory card.
    Sounds great to me! But, I was bummed when I heard that there is no System Link option. D a m n, we are so spoiled

Agreed Maximus maybe they'll make a Bloodwake 2 that will be online if the original gets enough attention.

Originally posted by Toonz
    Agreed Maximus maybe they'll make a Bloodwake 2 that will be online if the original gets enough attention.
    Yeah, no kidding! I just wish that the first one did...I mean, if anyone knows about the System Link Cable, it's Microsoft. And the fact that Microsoft developed this game and knowing full-well that the System Link option is available, concerns me a little bit. Well, maybe Bloodwake was being produced before they knew the System Link was going to be so huge. I just hate split screen gaming...especially after using the System Link while playing Halo! lol...I love multi-player frag matches

Ya HALO looses out when you split the screen becasue you can see where the other people are. Especially crappy when you or someone else is using the sniper rifle.

Blood Wake is a GREAT game. I'm surprised to hear people so negative about it (well except for that one guy...I think he is a plant)

I think the game has tremendous replay value. It's fairly simple to play, hard to master, fun, fast, can be intense, and has pretty decent graphics and some pretty cool missions.

I dont see what there is not to like.

ok let me rephrase my mini review, Bloodwake is fun when you are bored but dont expect it to be anything more than twisted metal on water. I would really suggest renting it first, My friend has a ps2 and here is what he hadto say about this game and I quote "Hideous"....."Stupid".Explanation Hideos= While the water looks great the textures for the sky and the chunks of land look like yo mamas unwashed arse. Explanation Stupid= It plays like an arcade game (aggrivating difficulty) , and the story was thought up in 5 minutes. Really people IF YOU LOVEYOUR XBOX (AND HAVING MONEY) rent this game first (multiplayer is only fun for a while). Max, I agree that a 2 ton boat doing a 360 80 feet in the air off a chinese quarterpipe is kind of.... strange. btw anyone here seen "Conan The Barbarian" that is one the funniest movies ever made, my all time favorite part has to be where Forgrim (I call him mallot man......because his weapon of choise is a monsterous bulking mallot) bashes that dummie soldier on the head and a massive elephant tusk soars out from behind a rock and smacks him the stomach (dear god that was funny) and he lets out a dinosaur scream (they actually used the same scream on golden axe). And the part where Conan picks up the witch like she's a 2 pound a doll and slams her into a fire then walks outside and says CROM!!!

I could go on and on

My personal opinion (yes, a personal one) is that Blood Wake is a great single player game, but the multiplayer isn't nearly as much fun. That drives down the rplay value for me, but hey, this is just a personal opinion.

-Big Ben

Thread Information