Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with KOTOR??

The Clapper - It Works!! Salmonaitor's Avatar

Default What's up with KOTOR??

I got KOTOR a little while ago and left it in the package until the other night (because I was so into RS3). So I finally crack the package, go through making my player, start playing, and begin thinking to myself, "man, this game really sucks".

I've heard a lot of good things about it on this very forum, and I was really excited to play it; but the more I played it, the more angry I got because this is the biggest rip off ever!!! Normally I never play movie games (after Enter the Matrix I should have learned my lesson), but so many people had said this was good. So, the more angry I got at the game, the more angry I got at all you morons on this site that said this game was good.

So, for any of you who have posted something even remotely positive about KOTOR on this site, I expect a written apology or you'll be hearing from my lawyer!

Member on the run

Get past the first world, and you'll think otherwise. The first world is the only real slow point of the game. It'll take you most of the first night if not beyond the first night to get past it. Trust me, once you get past the first world, everything changes!

But it's so weird, you can't even really control how you fight, it's kinda suckie. Although, maybe I should choose the gun instead of the sword? I just wanted to be this totally zen jedi dude who didn't need a gun.

Member on the run

Once you become a jedi, you won't need the gun. That's true, but you need to build up your character first. As I said, the first planet...your character essentially flat out sucks. If you think it's difficult now, you should try not leveling up your main character until after you leave the planet and become a jedi. Then you'll hate the game! As of now, build up your character and put the up bonuses where you think you best need them. And yes, you will miss 3/4s of the time before you get to a certain level and start to kick some ass. That's why you've got to switch between characters to assist you. It does get better.

When I first started this game I thought it sucked to....Then I realized that I have been playing this game for 3 days. Once you get going it will really start to grab you!

Stick with it Salmon, you will like it. Just like rudedog said, it starts off slow, but then it really picks up. You will be able to have a lightsabre only dude just a bit later in the game. Trust me, the story is well worth getting through the slow start. Once you figure out how to control combat properly it may even grow on you... kinda like fungus.
    Salmy says:
    so I'm going to this stupid optimist dinner tonight that my buddy's dad invited me to
    Salmy says:
    I'm pretty pessimistic about it

OK, I'll try to stick with it, but if you guys are playin' me, I'm gonna come and hunt you down and kick your asses!

Member on the run

Well, at least I'm not the only crazy one if it is a bad game. But obviously it's not, it just starts out slow as hell. And yeah, I admit, I almost gave up on it after about 4 hours, but then I played it another 8 hours and finally got off the first planet. Then I was hooked!

I agree with Rude about starting slow. KOTOR takes a MUCH different mindset too, going from high action of R6 as you are to KOTOR is going to take some serious mind shifting. R6 is all about the lightening-fast "twitch" whereas KOTOR has virtually ZERO eye hand coordination.

Then again, Salmon, you could be in that very small minority of weirdos (don't freak, I'm one too) that just didn't like KOTOR. I played it for about three months and I tried to like but I just didn't. The only thing I enjoyed was the idea that maybe that psycho robot would put a laser shot to my head at some point, but yet it never came to pass. Oh well, time to get yelled at because I didn't like the game.

No yelling Rich, everyone has different taste... you want to see yelling...check this.

I don't like Halo.

[rant] I can't get that freakin' controler to point where I want... recharging shield, WHAT CHALLENGE IS THAT??? So I am only allowed to carry two guns? And those aliens??? I have puked up things that looked better than that!!! [/rant]

/me puts on his flame proof long johns.

Bring it.
    Salmy says:
    so I'm going to this stupid optimist dinner tonight that my buddy's dad invited me to
    Salmy says:

You are the most childish 30+ year old I have ever come across.
    Directed at Salmoniter
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 01-29-2004 at 02:17 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Member on the run

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    And you are too uptight for your age.

Directed at Salmoniter
    That's what makes me a Great Dad, a Great Husband and Great at my job. I may not be artistic, but I'm creative and fun.

And as for Chewy, dude, I'm like totally disappointed. Oh, and by the way, how many other games can you carry more than one gun in.

Oh well, I respect your opinion, I guess. And Merimac, I've decided to take that as a compliament. Thank you.

Even the 12 year olds on this website don't make threads about how the members of this website wronged them into thinking a game was good.

Who says your great at your job anyway? Your dad... erm being your employer.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Ok Salmon, I need your advice. What do I need to do to be able to play FPS with that Xbox controller. I am a mouse and keyboard guy. Too many hours spend in honing my skills in Counter Strike on the computer. Everytime I sit down to play a FPS with this controller, I turn into Captain Oversteer. I would miss the ground if I fell, that is how bad I am. Platformers,driving games and everything else I love the Xbox controller. But the second I have to acutally aim with any precicion I spaz out like a recovering alcoholic at a scotch tasting. I need help man, helps I tellz ya.
    Salmy says:
    Salmy says:

you all no me im Snoop E Snoop E's Avatar

i hosently have to say this is the first bad thing ive heard bout the game, i mean i loved playing this, come to think of it talking bout it makes me want to go playit!!!!!!!(Goes and plays KOTOR )

Originally posted by Chewy-XBA
    Ok Salmon, I need your advice. What do I need to do to be able to play FPS with that Xbox controller. I am a mouse and keyboard guy. Too many hours spend in honing my skills in Counter Strike on the computer. Everytime I sit down to play a FPS with this controller, I turn into Captain Oversteer. I would miss the ground if I fell, that is how bad I am. Platformers,driving games and everything else I love the Xbox controller. But the second I have to acutally aim with any precicion I spaz out like a recovering alcoholic at a scotch tasting. I need help man, helps I tellz ya.
    Ok, Chewy (and by the way, I see what you're doing here, distracting me so I don't flame back at Merimac - he'll get his soon enough), autoaim helps in the beginning, for me, the key is always moving, because, in a firefight, you obviously want to make yourself less of a target. I also find, that if you keep moving, your opponent tends to freak out a little and do the oversteer thingy that you do now. In addition, when I'm moving, I find it easier to aim, that might just be the confusing the other person thingy, but I find it works. And finally, be creative, do the unexpected. If you want to see the master at that, get your ass on live, and play on the same team as NO Fear from this forum. He is the master of FPS Creativity.

Even the 12 year olds on this website don't make threads about how the members of this website wronged them into thinking a game was good.

Who says your great at your job anyway? Your dad... erm being your employer.
    First of all, people on the other side of the world could see my tounge firmly planted in my cheek in the initial post.

Secondly, The fact that I run every aspect of technology in a company of 65 employees, have written specific applications that have revolutionized out entire industry and am in the process of converting and rewriting 23 databases that are quite complex, assures me that I'm pretty Great at my job.

So na na na na na!

Oh, and I've seen you work, and mine, and believe me, I'm much better at what I do than you are at what you do.

OK, the flame thrower is down, I'm gonna give KOTOR another try, and Merimac and I are going to have a "Break Off" to settle this once and for all! Que up the MC Hammer!!!

Thread Information