Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the diff between the french and english versions of games?!?!

Default whats the diff between the french and english versions of games?!?!

can you switch the language in the options menus or is it only one language or is it just the manual that is french?

Default Re: whats the diff between the french and english versions of games?!?!

Originally posted by Kwik_Kaos
    can you switch the language in the options menus or is it only one language or is it just the manual that is french?
    Ask yourself this:

Can you change the English games to other languages?
    -Mark

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hmm..english only for game.
    Back into the world of gaming.

i only know of games where u an switch to french option text.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

I don't really know...

lol i know this is terribly off topic but i remember when my little brother rented star fox adventures for his gamecube,,,, and at the beginning they're speaking like....dinosaur language (sounded like french or sumthin) and my brother and I spent like 45 min. trying to change it to english in the options menu....then we decided screw it jus play the damn game.....after the into cinematic....u realize its a dino language wen fox begins to talk...
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
    lol i know this is terribly off topic but i remember when my little brother rented star fox adventures for his gamecube,,,, and at the beginning they're speaking like....dinosaur language (sounded like french or sumthin) and my brother and I spent like 45 min. trying to change it to english in the options menu....then we decided screw it jus play the damn game.....after the into cinematic....u realize its a dino language wen fox begins to talk...
    lol. I remember when I played a game that spoke a different language but I soon realise that its just the characters way of speaking.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

Well, for one...the French games have a snotty French accent and say "weewee" instead of just "yes".

Aye sure. I'll just give you my address then will I?

It depends on the individual game and the company who makes it. Some games are released with all the dialogue spoken in French and some are just the options and the manual (as people wrote before).

I imagine a French company (like Ubisoft for example) is probably fairly likely to release a decent percentage of its games in French language whereas companies based elsewhere are less likely to do so. So I would guess anyway.
    I am a smelly nerd with no friends.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

What's the difference? Well, in the french version of Splinter Cell, Sam Fisher doesn't so much infiltrate and assissinate as he justs surrenders the moment anyone sees him.

Originally posted by StudioAlex
    What's the difference? Well, in the french version of Splinter Cell, Sam Fisher doesn't so much infiltrate and assissinate as he justs surrenders the moment anyone sees him.

lol, don't forget the Medal of Dishonor series where you simply travel around the Maginot Line to beat the game.

Or KotOR where you surrender to the first Sith on Taris

etc..

Things like this don't normally bother me but doesn't the way this thread is going strike anyone as being just a tad racist?

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Originally posted by Stagliano
    Things like this don't normally bother me but doesn't the way this thread is going strike anyone as being just a tad racist?
    No. Last time I checked, french wasn't a race. What government school brought you up thinking that?

Originally posted by StudioAlex

No. Last time I checked, french wasn't a race.
    race is not jsut black and white people.
    fear me like you fear god cause i bring death

I don't want to get stupid and personal about this but it seems Studio Alex feels I've written something offensive and just plain wrong. For his/her benefit, here is a definition of race from Dictionary.co.uk:

race

group noun {C}

a group of people who share the same language, history, characteristics, etc:
    - LITERARY The British are an island race

Unless you now wish to argue with a word's definition in a dictionary, I think that would include the French as a race.

I really didn't want to make a big deal of this but I'm not going to sit and watch someone be so obviously incorrect about something yet have the gall and ignorance to accuse others of being in the wrong.

I don't want to get stupid and personal about this but it seems Studio Alex feels I've written something offensive and just plain wrong. For his/her benefit, here is a definition of race from Dictionary.co.uk:

race

group noun {C}

a group of people who share the same language, history, characteristics, etc:
    - LITERARY The British are an island race

Unless you now wish to argue with a word's definition in a dictionary, I think that would include the French as a race.

I really didn't want to make a big deal of this but I'm not going to sit and watch someone be so obviously incorrect about something yet have the gall and ignorance to accuse others of being in the wrong.
    I think you won the "race" debate.

I think that studioalex is referring to the French government's response to the al-qada/terrorist battle and perceived policy of appeasement.

It is a bit of generalisation though and suggests all French people are cowards. It's no different than writing all white/black/Asian (and so on) people are cowards.

Anyway, I don't want to write any more about it so I'll stop here and not get into anything silly. I hope I've not offended anyone somehow.

It is a bit of generalisation though and suggests all French people are cowards. It's no different than writing all white/black/Asian (and so on) people are cowards.

Anyway, I don't want to write any more about it so I'll stop here and not get into anything silly. I hope I've not offended anyone somehow.

Oooooh, runnin' away eh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poking fun at French military incompetence being deemed racist is a bit of a stretch and certainly kinder then most remarks the French would make about us in the U.S.

If my coments offended you then i apologize. It was meant as light hearted humor about French military incompetence over the last 100 years. Not to oppress the French or to complain about their oposition in attacking Iraq. They were just trying to protect their finacial interests like any country would do.

Hey, if you can't rip on military incompetence what can you rip on. If there is one thing all military forces are ripe with, its incompetence.

He didn't mention you.

Thread Information