Thread: Xbox and CD-R's... A little help please

Default Xbox and CD-R's... A little help please

I've read that the "Xbox's DVD-ROM laser doesn't read all types of media. Most CD-Rs and many CR-RWs can't be read by the Xbox because of simple hardware limitiations... You will need to burn a Redbook CD-R or CD-RW"

I know that the ones I have tried do not work. Does anyone know if there is a certain brand of CD's that is xbox compatible? Any way around this such as burner software, disk size, etc.

Thanx

i know that Maxell CD-RW's work 10x's i've done it about 5 times no problems at 10x either

What burning software do you use wizkid918?

I also used 10x Maxell CD-RWs using NERO 5.5.

ditto, Nero 5.5 here too

batman46st

Lightbulb GUYS

DONT REWRITBLE CD'S MESS UP THE XBOXISIN THE LONG RUN....?

Question

dont think so, just like reading any other cd\dvd with pits and lands
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

Does anyone know of a CD-R that will work? I have a preference for them, at least for music CD's. I wonder why there is such a compatibility issue with most CD-R's? Not that I'm complaining, the fact that you can store you own music and play it during the game... awesome. Bill had his thinking cap on for that decision.

I have read that the DVD in the xbox is a Toshiba, 2-5x drive. I went to the Toshiba web site and looked at the DVD-ROMs that the sell. All of them are backwards compatible with CD-R/RW. Now, if their normal DVDs will recognize CD-Rs, why won't the one in the xbox do so? I think it IS a conspiracy.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

CD-RWs will work, though, I haven't tried it. NERO 5.5. Give it a try.

I found this cdr-identifier on the newsgroups at
    http://xbox.aimx.net
    This will tell you the real manufacturer of the disk you are using. This is more important than the name on the box of cd's you buy.
    There is also a list there of compatible disks and burning software. Its rather incomplete at this point but I'm sure that will change.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Thumbs up CD-RW's

Burner,
    Give any cd-rw a try and burn your music just like you would on a normal audio cd that you would play in your car, home, etc. Make sure that you have a 2 second gap between songs. (I use easycd creator 5 platinum (which I did not install direct cd - which I recommend due to when you insert a cd-rw it wants to read/write through explorer )

I first tried with an older Memorex CD-RW that I have used for data a few times before, the XBOX didn't like at all. It reconized it but did not want to play the music on the disc. When I used a brand new disc (rw) it worked perfectly

If you don't use cd-rw's on a regular basis, just buy 1 or 2 until you find the right media that works for you, really that is all you need to get music in your xbox.

After you copy the music you can then format the cd-rw and put more of your selected music back on and repeat...
    Hope this helps, I know this is an old topic.....Good luck!

Thread Information