Thread: Doom3, Fable, Thief, Battlefield, Republic Commando

Default Doom3, Fable, Thief, Battlefield, Republic Commando

E3 Doom3, Fable, Thief, Battlefield, Republic Commando are all playable and they are looking fantastic!!!

Doom3 is lokking great, very dark, graphics are great. SOund is chilling, will be a great title.

Fable looks good, the graphics were a little disappointing but that could just be me. All in all looked pretty cool.

Thief looks incredible, graphics are great. Gameplay is smooth, will be a hot title.

Battlefield: modern combat, well its coming, and will be live. it i s looking good, i thought it was a little sluggish but will hopefully be better upon release.

Republic commando is shaping up to be pretty cool. I have played it on both PC and xbox and i am loving it. Definetly a nice twist, and the enemies are pretty cool.
    Canada Kicks A$$ - Hidden Content

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."' -anonymous

Slowride

Great news!!! Thanks for the updates.

is republic comando out on the box or did you play a demo?

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Thanks for the impressions, revernd. Now, let me hear why Fable didn't look all that hot to you...please, enlighten me.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

it looks good, just the graphics werent finished i believe. They were not very crisp, but that could be for a number or reasons, or the many beers i had. i will be hitting the show up today again in a couple mins, ill take some pics.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."' -anonymous

LoL the reason the graphics weren't "CRISP" is because the graphics have been scaled back drastically from what we've seen. Not to mention oodles of features that where orginally spoke of have been removed. All in all Fable could end up being the biggest hype game to flop ever. I remember reading about Fable before Xbox was even released back in the days of Project Ego, the game look absolutely stunning. Now they've promised release after release, delayed it a thousand times, removed half of the interaction they promised, promised new things removed those, dumbed down the graphics added horns or halos.......I was once very excited about Fable.... Now its a wait and see.

The graphics unfortunately are finished. The team is in the final stages of bug testing the game is actually set to ship in September.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Even the Damned love. Douchesforfun's Avatar

*begins to drool* if only i had enough money for all of those games.

Actually there has been very little change in the graphics of Fable from the beginning. Last year during our private meeting with them Nick actually offended the guys by saying "Did you guys do something to the graphics, it doesn't look as good as the screenshots that have been floating around." Dene Carter replied, "We haven't changed a thing in the graphics."

But graphics aren't the main point of this game, it is the scale and detail as to what is going on that makes it a killer app. Everything is aging and interacting with eachother so takes a big chunk out of what power is left in the xbox to actually draw the scenes.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Yeah.. from what i have seen from the start like screenshots, sneak peeks, trailers and e3 movies, the graphics in Fable isn't really quite good. But i know the developer focus more on the gameplay rather than graphic engine and i'm looking for the gameplay in Fable.
    Back into the world of gaming.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Honestly, the graphics I've seen in previews -- look quite good to me.

Lets face it. This game needs to release. They took away the coop/multiplayer. whoopti****indoo...As long as the biggest point of this game works flawlessly -- the single player rpg gameplay -- then I'll be perfectly happy.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

good ol battlefield

Wondering Around

i always thought the graphics looked fine in all the trailers i've seen. Hella better than morrowind at least. Now Jade empire definately has some nice looking environments.

Ya I think this title is gonna rock in my opinion. I will defently be picking up Fable when it comes out.

skorp

Thumbs up

Yeh! I think the graphics seem pretty good to me. Acceptable to me at least... But of course I'm looking forward to the gameplay...

Quote Originally Posted by revernd
    it looks good, just the graphics werent finished i believe. They were not very crisp, but that could be for a number or reasons, or the many beers i had. i will be hitting the show up today again in a couple mins, ill take some pics.

Thanks for the update revernd! keep it comin...

i tried out jade empire, now thats a sweet game. the graphics and gameplay are great. I have some videos on the digi camera of some game play, when i get up in the morning ill send em along.

Slowride

How bout some details other than good, great, cool, lovin it, sweet, smooth and such.

its called a job and it is hard to find more than 2 minutes to do a response... have to do the best with the time i have got... (very busy life)

Thread Information