Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2004, vote for who I should be

Default Euro 2004, vote for who I should be

It's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal. Whoever gets the most votes I'll be using in Euro 2004 and making a journal type thing on here.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm confused...

Confused about what? If you don't know what Euro is, it's soccer. I just want to see who the people want me to use on the game, that's all.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Ah...ok...I had a brainfart... go with the Czech Republic.

Go with Holland, they've a great squad!
    "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

I know they're good but it's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt88
    I know they're good but it's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal.
    Lol, the Netherlands are Holland my freind.

Ahhhh. I got confused, I was thinking something else. They're one of the favorites to win it all. And a good reason for that is Ruud Van Nistelrooij.

No leagues? I usually use Milan in Fifa, but I'd go with England - best overall squad I believe. This isn't the EULA game, is it?

This is UEFA Euro 2004. It's starting on June 6 in Portugal. England is deadly with their speed, Owen is easily one of the fastest players in the World. Then Beckham

Their offense is great, defense is decent at best. The game is new first one made, EURO is played every four years and this is the first year they released a Euro game, FIFA 2005 should be coming out in a couple months, looks pretty hot.

Van the man is superb, but if I was going for an outside bet then Spain would be my choice. They currently have the best domestic league in the world and A great national team but they always seem to falter in major cups. I have to say though that France will take a bit of beating, watch out for the match between France and England. The result of that will show us how strong theyre chances are, I'm not an England fan, so dare I say it "C'mon the froggies" lol.

That's what I'm talking about France vs England. France is deadly, best all around player I'd say is Zinedine Zidane, then they have Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Lilian Thuram.

I also like Italy taking this. Best defensive team going into Euro, as long as they can stay healthy.

I'm trying to find this game so I can review it for here, but haven't had any luck. Being that it's not Live, I'm only going to rent it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper-XBA
    No leagues? I usually use Milan in Fifa...
    Your obviously a man of taste, Milan is my favourite club team outside of my beloved Glasgow Celtic, 2004 league and cup double champions.

edit. Theyre using the same engine in Euro as Fifa so it should be good, but if your a real footy fan then "Pro evo" just runs away with the crown.
    Last edited by sojourner; 05-30-2004 at 12:19 PM.

It's a good game. New moves and better AI and the keepers don't suck from long range shots. FIFA 2005 will be online for XBox, and then hopefully if enough people have it here we can start a league.

I was getting torn up by Figo yesterday as he put the ball between my players legs and tricked the hell out of him, then Pauleta headed in a corner kick which made it 2-0, and I was Italy and I lost.

At first they were relaxed then when Pauleta scored that goal they went into attack mode and didn't stop. I'd clear the ball and thease guys were just constantly shooting on my goalie.

I almost scored with Totti but I was getting held by the shirt and the ref wouldn't call it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt88
    That's what I'm talking about France vs England. France is deadly, best all around player I'd say is Zinedine Zidane, then they have Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Lilian Thuram.

I also like Italy taking this. Best defensive team going into Euro, as long as they can stay healthy.
    Absolutely, their talent and skill is unquestionable,Thuram is one of the best defenders in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner
    Your obviously a man of taste, Milan is my favourite club team outside of my beloved Glasgow Celtic, 2004 league and cup double champions.

edit. Theyre using the same engine in Euro as Fifa so it should be good, but if your a real footy fan then "Pro evo" just runs away with the crown.
    I've always tried to follow AC Milan as much as I can - I have 2 jerseys that I still wear when I play indoor - Del piero. I just wish they televised it a bit more out here, but I get what I can using satellite.`
    Last edited by Casper-XBA; 05-30-2004 at 12:42 PM.

You should get Italys jersey. I got mine a couple days ago, customized it with my name and own number. Very nice, got the blue next I'm getting the white one. Thease are the Pumas.

I love talking about the good old soccer, It makes a great change for a bit of soccer chat.

I'm going to do a friendly match. Who should I be and who should I go against and then I'll post after halftime then the end with stats and summary.

Thread Information