Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DRIV3R DOES dissapoint....

Default DRIV3R DOES dissapoint....

DRIV3R Review "Mediocre" 5.4

"A bevy of technical problems make portions of the game feel sloppy and unfinished, such that even diehard fans of the series will have a hard time liking Driver 3. - Jeff Gerstmann"

Gamespot.com

Thoughts? I can't believe this man, 5.4? Someone's reconsidering pickin this up...

ign gave it a 5.5 thougth it would do better than this

Sounds like a sure rent...

"shut the f**k up donnie" TheWheelMan's Avatar

I am so utterly pissed this game was suppose to own!! i hope its just the goddamn sites and there biased reviews
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

Wondering Around

figured it would be screwed up the arse. Specially after it kept taking so long to get out on the market.

GRAVEDIGGER

Yea...i didnt think it was gonna suck, but then again i didnt think it would be that tyte. But i really didnt expect a bevy of 5s...dam..tuff on dat one

I don't know whether to trust these scores. They did give True Crime a much better score... And that game sucked ass. Amazing that True Crime advertises so much on their site?

I have a copy reserved at Gamestop and they say it comes in tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping some more reviews come out tomorrow that say the game is better, or I might just cancel my pre-order.

Hopefully some people who already have it will review it here at XboxAddict too.. I always trust gamer's reviews over writers who spend 30 minutes with it and write the review to meet a deadline.

2 born killers of society Hard Boiled Cop's Avatar

I really urge you guys not to trust reviews. Its what you think that counts. You buy magazines or look up at sites and they all give different scores so really its THEIR (note how I highlighted it in caps) opinions.
    Try playing it first and see what happens, if you like it then keep it. If not then return knowing that Reflection mess up the what was thought to be a great Driver franchise.
    Easy to pick up, hard to put down.

it's funny when you read the pre-views leading up to this game from the fans and you would think this game was the mother of all mothers. but then again when will we learn that atari blows out chunks 99% of the time. well i'm one of those dogs that gets thier nose shoved in sh-it till he learns. mine is on it's way from ebay. on a positive note i got free shipping and it cost me $42.50 no tax.

p.s. my mistake i confused Atari with Activision. Another positive note.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 06-22-2004 at 06:13 AM.

I mean, really. For every 5 that's out there right now there's a 8/9. Scores for this game are all over the place. Even if the on foot stuff stinks, I'm cool with that b/c the name of the game is DRIVER. As long as the driving stuff is cool, I'll be plenty happy.
    DUKE is half okay if you get rid of the D and the E...Go Cats!!!

ya right now my main goal is to rent it and hope for the best
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

The reviews have been quite bad on Driv3r everywhere I have seen, but I still want to rent it and give it a try. It can't be worse then True Crime which IMO sucked.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Driv3r - Graphics 6/10 Gamespot

GTA: Vice City - Graphics 9/10 Gamespot

does anyone wanna explain this?
    Hidden Content

Graphically the game is better than GTAVC but I think the reason for the lower score is because Driv3r has a shorter draw distance and may have a slightly worse framerate. I bought the game last night and got about an hour's worth into it, I think it's a fun game, but it just doesn't seem like the finished product. For example, I'm shooting this guy in his car, he gets out and stands there and I continue shooting him although he just keeps standing there. Finally I walk up and he disappears, oh well, anyway I think it's better than the 5's it received from IGN and GS, I would probably give it a 7/10 from what I've played. It's a good game, but I was expecting a little more given the time it took to be developed.

i should enjoy it then cause i thought true crimes was fun as hell the graphics werent all that bad pretty good if you ask me so ya DRIV3R should be awesome i was just overreacting abit earlyer on cause i so want this game to excel im hoping you can get guns and everything in the free drive mode so you can blow **** up and steal cars and have fun like in grand theft auto

Going to pop it in at work today and see how it is. Out of review sites, I trust Gamespot the least :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

alrite variation ya you work at EBGames right???

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    Going to pop it in at work today and see how it is. Out of review sites, I trust Gamespot the least :P
    Well, IGN did give it a 5.5 and their reviews usually are good for me.
    I don't trust a review entirely, if a game gets a 7 or higher, and I had interest in it Ill get it, but 6 or lower usually are bad, i mean, the game can't be good if it does get a low score. I have yet to play a game I like that got bad reviews.

Well, sad to say, their review was pretty much correct. fun to play, but I don't see any long term in it.

The Survival is fun like the origional, but it's WAY too easy now. 1 minute in Driver 1 was godly, I got 4 minutes first time and crashed on purpose out of boredom.

The AI is horrible. I pull a guy out of his car and he walks away casually, so i strat shooting at him, but when i miss, he doesn't even run away, he keeps walking.

The director mode is VERy nice though, and with the Harddrive, endless replays and such.

Personally, with an hour sit down with it... I'm glad I didn't buy it. Definetly worth a rent though. IMO ofcourse.

Very sad and dissapointed
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Yeah, I didn't have the foresight to rent it. I purchased it yesterday, and while there are times that is IS fun, I don't see myself playing this past a week.

Anyone in Honolulu wanna buy a used copy of driver?

Thread Information