Thread: Should xbox2 wait a long time for release¿

Banned

Default Should xbox2 wait a long time for release¿

do u think it is time for xbox2, like in a year or so or do you think xbox is at its best right now and microsoft should wait¿ and what do u think it should be called¿

Well when a console is "at its best" it usually means that it is reaching the full potential, meaning that the next gen should be soon. You also have to realize that MS really wants to get the next Xbox out before Sony.
    ¤Hidden Content --New Design! ¤
    The latest on the next Xbox console- Featuring an interview with Toshiba regarding HD-DVD!

Banned

yeah that is true...but it would be nice if when it came out it wasnt like 500-600$(canadian)

I guess people will pay the price if they really want it that bad. Before all of that marketing will be doing tons of consumer research on affordability and consumer concerns. I thought it was to come out around holiday 2005. Can anyone confirm that, or is it strictly speculation?
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

Right now there is no official launch date, but they would like to get it out late 2005.
    ¤Hidden Content --New Design! ¤
    The latest on the next Xbox console- Featuring an interview with Toshiba regarding HD-DVD!

Banned

late 2005 sounds resonable.i just hope it is afordable. like in the 300$ range,but i am dreaming. ill have to wait a year or to until a price drop.

We don't know anything yet, so there's no point speculating till after next years E3.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Registered User thomasmaldonado's Avatar

Talking xbox2 should be delayed...

I think that we are satisfied with the success that at the moment xbox possesses, and I believe that xbox2 should be delayed, at least two years for launching , at this time xbox is the best existent console... there is not necessity to launch xbox2 ..we can still take out a lot of profit that xbox gives....

Default XBox 2 Launch... 2006

I think 2006 is going to be the target year for next gen consoles.

I would like to see Xbox Next out by Holidays 2k5...I mean I love my xbox right now and everything because of the games it has but with everyones xbox dieing its not the most reliable system out right now...I havn't had my xbox for even a year yet so I'm not worried just yet, however, if they wait to release it in 2k6 I'll start worrying about the poor guy...I would rather buy a different system with all new specs than buy the same thing I just had die on me...so M$ release xbox2 in 2k5 and I will be very pleased...o ya I think the xbox2 will be called Xenon

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDovV RyDer
    I would like to see Xbox Next out by Holidays 2k5...I mean I love my xbox right now and everything because of the games it has but with everyones xbox dieing its not the most reliable system out right now...I havn't had my xbox for even a year yet so I'm not worried just yet, however, if they wait to release it in 2k6 I'll start worrying about the poor guy...I would rather buy a different system with all new specs than buy the same thing I just had die on me...so M$ release xbox2 in 2k5 and I will be very pleased...o ya I think the xbox2 will be called Xenon
    MS hasn't confirmed what the name will be, the codename is Xenon, just like the Gamecube's codename was Dolphin (I think it was GC, can't remember).

Anyways, I think Xbox has atleast 2 good years left, with all the good games scheduled to come out in 2004/5, I think it could make it until 2006 easily. Halo has lasted us 3 years by itself. I don't know if that's what MS will do though, they might want to get a one year jump on PS2 to increase the sales

they have to beat the PS3 to the market or they will just lose more money on this venture.. the winner will be the first as long as the system is a great imrpovment.. but they 100% have to beat Sony to the market

I used to post here a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by wbio
    MS hasn't confirmed what the name will be, the codename is Xenon, just like the Gamecube's codename was Dolphin (I think it was GC, can't remember).

Anyways, I think Xbox has atleast 2 good years left, with all the good games scheduled to come out in 2004/5, I think it could make it until 2006 easily. Halo has lasted us 3 years by itself. I don't know if that's what MS will do though, they might want to get a one year jump on PS2 to increase the sales
    Notice I didn't say that MS had confirmed the Xenon I just said I predict that theres a good chance it could be called the Xenon...but um ya...you make a good point that the Xbox2 will get a jump on the the PS3 to get better sales but the thing I look at is when is a good time to do so??? I mean if the PS3 comes out in the Holidays of 2k6 then when should MS release the next xbox...certainly not a month or two earlier because surly ps2 lovers will wait that long for a ps3 so why not release it in holiday season 2k5...the summer of 2006 wouldn't be a bad time either but that is more of a time to release new games that new systems...I just think MS has it going for them to release xbox2 in 2005 but maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.

BTW I'm not sayin that the xbox doesn't have enough good games to stay alive for a few more years because right now its the exact opposite.

As long as they are ahead of the ps3 they are ok. I bought the xbox at launch, if it is going to be $300+ I will wait this time. Considering I have other hobbies.

I would deffinately have to wait for the next xbox if it comes out soon. Besides I love my xbox and it still has a few years on it.

I got mine at launch and I was dissapointed when I saw that there were different versions of it coming out (Halo special edition). So maybe this time I will get a "prettier one".
    Hidden Content
    Created at Hidden Content

November 9th 2004
    Are you ready? Hidden Content

i think they should wait a year, no game on the xbox has really fulfilled its full potential.
    Until they do make one they should wait
    BLAMO
    OMGWTFBBQHidden Content

Halo 2 will keep people occupied for years, just like the original. They'll release Xbox 2 in 2006.

Thread Information