Thread: The moment has come!!

Exclamation The moment has come!!

My fellow gamers of XBOXaddict.com, I am proud to announce that on Monday 2-11-2002 I will turn 17! That means I can get into rated R movies (only the cool ones like Black Hawk Down) and I can buy Mature rated games!!! Before I had to buy my games at Electronics Boutique because they are the only ones who don't card me for games. But I had to pay 5 or 6 extra bones to get the game! But now I can Save 5 or 6 bones and just go to Toys r us or Walmart and just slap my Id down and pay! Some of you may be like wow big deal I am 30 million years old why should I care? Well I'll tell you reaching the age of 17 is for gamers as what reaching the age of 16 and getting your drivers license is for the non gamers! So lets celebrate and I will try to be here on my birthday to talk. Hope to see everyone here!!! If you have a story about when you turned 17 post it!!
    (Bones mean $$$)
    Last edited by SeTH; 02-06-2002 at 08:05 PM.

haha you couldnt get m rated games thats funny nice it made my day even more greater like
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

haha, that sucks. I'm 17 and they dont even ask for ID, but i'm at EB as much as my own home i guess...so i think they know who i am by now

Hidden Content Xbox games I want to get...

February - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, WWF RAW is WAR
    March - 007 Agent Under Fire, Brute Force

Frostberg

you could of bought the game online lol

i dont got an eb around me so i dont know what its like but i got myself a best buy!!!!! woo hoo best buy is so beautiful
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Or if you have a cool mom, you could get her to buy it!

Frostberg

hey fear_this, what is that thing in your siggy?

Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
    haha, that sucks. I'm 17 and they dont even ask for ID, but i'm at EB as much as my own home i guess...so i think they know who i am by now
    Same for me they never asked for ID at EB because they know me by name so they see me often, I could buy Mature games but back to what I originally said at EB they charge 5-6 extra bones compared to toys r us or wal-mart so if I really wanted the game I would just have to lay the 5-6 extra bones down for it at eb because anywhere else they really crack down on ID.

What the hell? I am under 17 and bought Halo without a problem.

17 = Mature, ha
    Signatures are a boring reminder that everyone might have a personality.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Man...it seems I have forgotten about those days...I'm 26 now, and back then, carding seemed to never happen. I don't even get carded for beer! Well, probably because I'm at the store buying some so often

Cool

You need to be 17 to buy M-Rated games?! Dude, where do you live? In a Hill Billy Redneck Hick Town?

j/k, well in da VA,MD,DC area I know alot of rug rats that buy M-Rated joints and have no problem.
    It was probably just the sales people that gave you a hard time
    But dont sweat it now, your 17! Waaahooooo!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

lol..i've been buying beer since i was 15...now i'm an old 23 year old fogie.....gotta go..i don't have much time left

i turned 16 in october, i have no problem buying mature games or movies, i bought halo without a problem. i also bought some r rated movies in my mall without a problem.

Man I just turned 14 two weeks ago! I've got a LONG time before im 17!

well it seems some of you have a easy time buying M rated games. I guess where I live they are so picky about M rated games cause they are afraid we will become gangsters and cap everybody after playing not to add the binging of Jack Daniels (neither apply to me but maybe the JD part goes to MAXIMUS!!!)
    Oh well though when MONDAY comes I can just slap my drivers license down and say BOOM-SUCK'A!! Oops it seems those M rated games are getting to me already!!! (Yeah right)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by SeTH
    well it seems some of you have a easy time buying M rated games. I guess where I live they are so picky about M rated games cause they are afraid we will become gangsters and cap everybody after playing not to add the binging of Jack Daniels (neither apply to me but maybe the JD part goes to MAXIMUS!!!)
    Oh well though when MONDAY comes I can just slap my drivers license down and say BOOM-SUCK'A!! Oops it seems those M rated games are getting to me already!!! (Yeah right)
    hehe...all I can say is congrats, dude! I see that you are excited, and rightly so, especially since they are so picky in your part of town! So, congrats and go and buy yourself some REALLY bad ass games...Mature style

thanks guys I am really excited about turning 17!! I hope the guys at XBOXaddict.com dont get mind me having my birthday party here on monday for a while!

I expect EVERYONE to be here on monday about 4 p.m. my time!!!!
    Last edited by SeTH; 02-09-2002 at 09:56 PM.

Thread Information