Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bbc article About playstation three and Xbox next!

Default bbc article About playstation three and Xbox next!

it seems that the playstation three will be better..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4201391.stm

my xboxes is loud? :s

No! Xbox 2 WILL rule the world!
    hi!

More power under the hood doesnt make a better system. I'll buy the next Xbox if its only half as powerful as the other systems just so I can play the next Halo.

"PS3 will provide graphics indistinguishable from movies" Where have we heard that before.

And getting a starter disc, then having to pay for better AI and the next level in a game... please, that will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX
    "PS3 will provide graphics indistinguishable from movies" Where have we heard that before.
    It wasn't about PS2!!!!

I love how EA are the ones gloating about PS3. Yeah, because we all know their ones to use a console to its potential *coughNeedforSpeedHotPursuit2onGamecubecough*. EA Sucks, why the hell are they getting their opinion. Get UBI's.

You know, I hate EA, but from the looks of it the PS3 will be superior in the hardware department. Only time will tell for sure.

No where does it say the PS3 is more powerful. The Xbox 2 specs are the latest and greatest of today, it would be almost impossible to create a more powerful system. Even if the PS3 is slightly more powerful, you won't see that extra power in games. The graphics will be exactly the same, sure the PS3 might be able to run them at 5 more fps than XB2, but who cares?! The difference won't be noticable. And c-mon guys, this is EA speaking, what do they know...

MS knows how important being the most powerful system is, they won't let us down.

Alpha, the xbox will most likely be less powerful because microsoft is trying to rush xbox next or whatever you want to call it on the market. They are aiming for a Late 2005 launch. The PS3 will most likely launch sometime in 2006. More time will mean better hardware. look at the xbox, it launched a year later and look how much better it is than PS2.

Well it all comes down to exclusives in the end. Plus Online Service of online play..

Xboxlive has the experience... But will the ps3 have the same success with online play?

Hey lets not leave Nintendo out of the window just yet.
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

Renegade of funk

We don't even know what the Xenon is going to have for hardware. It's a little early to start writting the Xenon off. They've been planning this for awhile. They've been planning this to counter the PS3. I can be rest assured that this isn't something that is being slapped together in a garage somewhere at the last second.

It's all going to boil down to the games and online service anyway.
    I see the PS3 raising the bar for console gaming. I also see the Xenon being something special in regards to the future of gaming.

I personally don't give a damn about system specs, it means nothing unless dev's take full use of them anyways, and hardly they do, or it takes years for systems to truely "peak".

Play the games, not the systems. Who cares if System_Z has 300 more mhz? What if it has no games you like? then your stuck with a system that you invested so much into just cause some people said it would be "better".
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Bill Gates says:
    Hidden Content

"Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"-Morpheus, The Matrix

"Those who cannot survive do not deserve to" -Anon

yeah I figured whichever system ends up better I'd get. Because usually the games I like are on both systems.

BUT since football games are just gonna suck now because we'll only have EA's .. then I guess it doesn't matter to me which system is better. I won't get either of them unless EA pulls a miracle and makes a good football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    I personally don't give a damn about system specs, it means nothing unless dev's take full use of them anyways, and hardly they do, or it takes years for systems to truely "peak".

Play the games, not the systems. Who cares if System_Z has 300 more mhz? What if it has no games you like? then your stuck with a system that you invested so much into just cause some people said it would be "better".

Hello ?!?!?
    we Are talking on Ps three here? playstation ? remember this with the best titles ?
    This is not a new system?! they already have all the best titles in the world..

What you don'\t seem to get, and I mean people that live in USA, that a lot of people in the world (including me..) doesn't like that much FPS, so HALO is another fps , and when we come to halo two it's even done very poorly, ( let's not open the g flam e here..) and imagine that
    not all the world like FOOT BALL the fact is , most of the world ask himself why in the HELL you like this game..

So playstation in most cases ;appeal to more audience then Xbox, Most of the world don't like that much of sports game L]
    Hockey, basket ball (uk for example they couldn’t care less on that thing,.,.)
    NASCAR.. (What the hell is the point in running in circles? )
    Foot ball
    Base ball

Wake up!
    Most of the world like titles like
    Devil Mary cry
    Grand theft auto
    Splinter cell (that something the Xbox does the best,,,)(
    Ratchet and clank
    Ninja gaiden (the only game that Xbox has that playstation have a lot of it,,(
    And more

I find myself many times (including now days..) want to buy a new game, and the only thing available is either a new car racing game, another foot ball Madden, baseball hockey! Ok we got it!! What is the difference between madden 2004 and 2003 ? The sound ?

Well I am waiting for both systems to come out and then will get the one I think is the best. Xbox or ps3 dosn't matter.

Sammael

The technologies are going to be very similar. Both consoles are already in development. Xbox2 a little ahead of Ps3. They are both being developed with technology available now. Just because Xbox2 releases 6 months to a year before Ps3 doesn't mean its going to be less powerful. When Xbox2 launches Ps3 will be to far in development for Sony to try and change anything according to Xbox2s power. Microsoft knows fans of Xbox want a more powerful machine. Why would they make the most powerful console, and compete for total control in one generation, then build a lackluster underpowered machine the next generation?

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Its easy for him or anyone else to say PS3 will be more powerful. Bottom line, when a system releases after another, it usually is more powerful.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Great points, Variation and odpr. I agree totally. Especially the 'play the games, not the systems' comment.

I think this struggle for domination between all three companies just means that we, the gamers, will win no matter what. There are going to be some great games on all the systems, and this next generation is going to blur the line between console and PC games.

I'm personally interested in what Nintendo has planned for it's Revolution.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quote Originally Posted by odpr
    playstation ? remember this with the best titles ?
    This is not a new system?! they already have all the best titles in the world..
    ----Sorry, I disagree, but purely thats my opinion.
    What you don'\t seem to get, and I mean people that live in USA, that a lot of people in the world (including me..) doesn't like that much FPS, so HALO is another fps , and when we come to halo two it's even done very poorly, ( let's not open the g flam e here..)
    -----No, what you don't seem to get is that people in the states and over here in Canada as well (Had to add that in) DO like FPS's. Why do you think there are so many World war games, and look at the PC market, its flooded with FPS's. Not saying they are all spectacular, but look at Halflife2 and Doom3 and Halo2 sales. If people didn't like FPS's like you said, then the numbers would be nothing as to what they really are.
    not all the world like FOOT BALL the fact is , most of the world ask himself why in the HELL you like this game..
    ----I personally hate all sports games, Football included :P Again, it's opinion, and because I don't like it, doesnt make it a bad game and regardless, it still outsells every single year, so your logic is flawed.

So playstation in most cases ;appeal to more audience then Xbox
    --------Number wise yes, but did xbox have a previous system that was backwards compatable, and did it come out a year earlier? No.

Most of the world don't like that much of sports game, Hockey, basket ball (uk for example they couldn’t care less on that thing,.,.). NASCAR.. (What the hell is the point in running in circles? )Foot ball Base ball

----Again, I personally hate sports games, but if the world didn't like sports games like you said, then it wouldn't outsell itself every year and they wouldn't be made if it didn't have a following, plain and simple.

Wake up!
    Most of the world like titles like
    Devil Mary cry
    Grand theft auto
    Splinter cell (that something the Xbox does the best,,,)(
    Ratchet and clank
    Ninja gaiden (the only game that Xbox has that playstation have a lot of it,,(
    And more

-----Sorry no, Devil may cry is not so widely known and played that it's spawned endless varients of it's genre. GTA sells yes, doesnt mean it's good, it just has a following. MGS has and always will outsell Splinter Cell. Ratchet is a great title for kids, hence it's great sales due to its solid gameplay/story etc; Compare those #'s to Halo/Halo2/Halflife2/Doom3. Still going to say it's more popular?

I find myself many times (including now days..) want to buy a new game, and the only thing available is either a new car racing game, another foot ball Madden, baseball hockey! Ok we got it!! What is the difference between madden 2004 and 2003 ? The sound ?
    ---------Then you don't follow games or don't want to branch from the norm, there is plenty of good games out that are non FPS and sports out, do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrAsher
    I'm personally interested in what Nintendo has planned for it's Revolution.
    That's what I'm personally waiting for at E3.

God damn...play the GAMES, who cares what system they are on.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Wondering Around

i'm defiantely interested in whats comming out next generation. I'll get whatever system has the games. If its a nintendo, i'll get that, ps3, sure thing, xbox next, if it has the stuff. And if i dont like any of them you ask? Thats why god made a thing called the personal computer.

god is bill gates? I KNEW IT!!!

lol
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

Thread Information