Thread: How to clean my DVD drive?

xbAWOL

Question How to clean my DVD drive?

What is a good product for cleaning my Xbox DVD drive? I want to try at least doing that first before I go through the hassle of taking it apart and trying this:

http://llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/clean..._dvd_drive.htm

I'm getting DDE constanly with Doom 3 and Jade Empire, and sometimes on Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and if I end up picking up Unreal Championship 2 this week, I'll most likely get DDEs with it too, because I did on the demo, lol.

And don't tell me to buy a new Xbox, because I don't feel like it.

Well you can try the following...

1. Discwasher- Has a dry and wet brush, works very well if it is indeed just a "Dirty" problem, Let sit at least 24hrs after cleaning.Available at most Suncoast or like video stores. $20.00.
    2. Drive Replacement-Lahma has Thompsons for $50, just plug and play. Have done ths on a few for friends works great. Will replace any drive.
    3. Replace the laser-Can get the laser assembly for any one of the drives for about $20-$30 on ebay. easy install, again works graet.
    4. Buy a new Xbox-Don't recomend it, even used will cost ya $130, save your cash and buy a new game or two.

Good Luck

Get one of those disc cleaners with the tiny brush on the bottom, and a can of air to blow out any dust. Make sure it's not on the carpet either.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I don't know but from my experience, my Xbox is getting DDEs with those Gold disc but i have never get any error with a silver disc. Strange....
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information