Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox weak point

Thumbs down Xbox weak point

What percent of all XBOX games are first person shooters? Ever think of that. I betcha almost 50% are. That is xbox's weakness is. They can't think of anything else to make. Tell me this. How many games have you seen for the XBOX 360 are first person shooters? Almost half. How many of the big game titles for xbox where FPS? How many of the big game titles for PS2 where FPS?

Not everyone are fans of first person shooters, especially for Xbox Live.

If somebody reading this knows someone personally from xbox, I think they should mention this subject to them. I bet a lot of Xbox owners out there are going to get a Playstation 3 instead because of reasons like this. Also because of all the negative language, attitudes, clitchers, and all the cheaters on Xbox Live.

BTW: If you ask me, I would remove scoreboards completely. Cause they take the fun right out of the games. No one would be trying to cheat and if they where they would be doing it for nothing. Eg. StarWars Battlefront (great game, not to great graphics, a little too chopy, but very fun cause it had no scoreboards)

Trust me nothing gonna change for the X360. nothing.

C ya xbox, nice knowin ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gears
    What percent of all XBOX games are first person shooters? Ever think of that. I betcha almost 50% are. That is xbox's weakness is. They can't think of anything else to make. Tell me this. How many games have you seen for the XBOX 360 are first person shooters? Almost half. How many of the big game titles for xbox where FPS? How many of the big game titles for PS2 where FPS?

Not everyone are fans of first person shooters, especially for Xbox Live.

If somebody reading this knows someone personally from xbox, I think they should mention this subject to them. I bet a lot of Xbox owners out there are going to get a Playstation 3 instead because of reasons like this. Also because of all the negative language, attitudes, clitchers, and all the cheaters on Xbox Live.

BTW: If you ask me, I would remove scoreboards completely. Cause they take the fun right out of the games. No one would be trying to cheat and if they where they would be doing it for nothing. Eg. StarWars Battlefront (great game, not to great graphics, a little too chopy, but very fun cause it had no scoreboards)

Trust me nothing gonna change for the X360. nothing.

C ya xbox, nice knowin ya.
    hey bro welcome back man. have not seen you in a while. xbox has always been targeted for the hardcore gamers but ms is trying ti get more out for the casual gamers as well. dont loe your faith just yet. wait and watch my man, THE 360 will roxxorz yer boxxorz.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

xbAWOL

What up LG, haven't seen you in a while.

Anyways, you have a point, but with this Square Enix rumor floating around, things look good for more RPGs on the Xbox 360.

IMO, this are the the five must have titles so far that have been annouced...

-Halo 3
    -Perfect Dark 0
    -Project Gotham 3
    -Kameo
    -Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

That is a pretty good mix of games IMO...2 FPS, 1 racing, 2 rpgs (well, Kameo...I don't know if that actually is an RPG, but it is adventure.)

Wow, its Liquid Gears. Have you been around much? I havent seen you in forever. I remember that old Metal Arms and Halo 2 themed sig you made me. It was pretty sweet .

Anyways, the amount of FPS games is a concern for me too with the 360. MS will never fully reach the Japanese market with so many western style games. Im not really a fan of RPG's or many eastern style games but it is refreshing to play something that doesnt have constant explosions.

As for the people on XBL, there will always be those who will curse/cheat/glitch. Its part of the territory. You just have to mute and report them. Enough people do that and theyre gone. Scoreboards arent going away either. Most gamers like seeing how they compare. Some dont care and just play for fun, these are the ones you want on your friends list.

[QUOTE=MixMasta-XBA]
    IMO, this are the the five must have titles so far that have been annouced...

-Halo 3
    -Perfect Dark 0
    -Project Gotham 3
    -Kameo
    -Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    QUOTE]

What up what up homes, how things round here?

I'm not sure about launch games, but there's these too:
    -Quake IV
    -Unreal Tournament 2007
    -Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3
    -Turok Next
    -Gears of War
    -Call of Duty 2
    -Prey
    -Splinter Cell 4

[QUOTE=Liquid Gears]
    Quote Originally Posted by MixMasta-XBA
    I'm not sure about launch games, but there's these too:
    -Quake IV
    -Unreal Tournament 2007
    -Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3
    -Turok Next
    -Gears of War
    -Call of Duty 2
    -Prey
    -Splinter Cell 4
    Notice those are all sequels to VERY high selling games. People seem to want FPSs at the moment and MS is delivering it to them. Others are right, though, there is a good mix of games in the launch lineup. The reason you see so many FPS's is because that is what people seem to want.

[QUOTE=Kraft]

Notice those are all sequels to VERY high selling games. People seem to want FPSs at the moment and MS is delivering it to them. Others are right, though, there is a good mix of games in the launch lineup. The reason you see so many FPS's is because that is what people seem to want.
    And this is what is leading Xbox to disaster in the future. Soon people will start to notice the repition of the games xbox puts out and get really tired of it.

You'll see...

Oh yes..

you'll see...

What's with the people in north america having the urge to fire a weapon. You people need help. Geezlouise

What percent of all XBOX games are first person shooters? Ever think of that. I betcha almost 50% are. That is xbox's weakness is. They can't think of anything else to make.
    It's not even close to 50%! There are over 150 racing games on the Xbox and over 150 sports titles alone (source gamefaqs.com). Not to mention the RPG's, strategy, and 3rd person action/adventure titles.

There is a minimum of 400 non-FPS games on the Xbox currently. There's not more than 50 FPS'ers (12% at the max).

If I were knocking the Xbox on game selection, it would NOT be that there are too many FPS'ers (there is no such thing as too many!). It would be that there are not enough good platformers or RPG's. Platformers don't sell as well as they used to, but MS could use a platformer of the calibur of Ratchet and Clank. And, while they made great strides in RPG's with Fable and Jade Empire, they need to continue in this direction and deliver a franchise of the Final Fantasy calibur.

Umm... so when people get tired of FPS games, MS goes on to publish other games instead. It's supply and demand bud. MS hasn't cemented their console into an FPS only. Contrary to popular belief they could decide that the next 100 games are all puzzle games if they really felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowlab-XBA
    It's not even close to 50%! There are over 150 racing games on the Xbox and over 150 sports titles alone (source gamefaqs.com). Not to mention the RPG's, strategy, and 3rd person action/adventure titles.
    people bash xbox for being all sports, racing and FPS'ers
    Hidden Content

They need a little more variety. I think they also need more family oriented games. I still think they'll do extremely well.

This is MY HOME

its not that it has too many FPS's, its that it doesnt have enough of the other genres. XBOX was big of sports, racing, and FPS and now, I believe they are making the right moves to get into the RPG's. Sequels to Marrowind, Fable, Jade Empire, and KOTOR are only a few. Remember that MS recruited that guy from the FF series. He is in the works of making at least 2 rpgs that, i think, will be available at launch or probably close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    They need a little more variety. I think they also need more family oriented games. I still think they'll do extremely well.
    Agreed.

Who's this yellowlab?
    Last edited by Liquid Gears; 05-17-2005 at 03:40 AM.

skorp

Thumbs up

Yep, Final Fantasy XI...

Don't forget Fable2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Ninety-Nine Nights so far...

Surprised and glad to see Square Enix join the bandwagon. Hey, if I were them or any other Game developing company, I wouldn't want to just wait for next year [Spring] to release some good next-gen game(s) just to watch competitors take a big piece of the pie for a good early part of the year!!

I want in!

Who's this yellowlab?
    That is such a deep philosophical question that I couldn't possibly fully answer.

But, if you'd like the simple answer, I am the sexy beast that has written over 100 reviews on this site in just over 3 years. I don't hang at the forums much as I'm simply too busy being sexy and writing reviews.

Oh and he is a sexy beast.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    Oh and he is a sexy beast.
    It takes one to know one!

someone throw some cold water on these two.

Dbrizzle

As yellow stated most games on xbox aren't FPS. Besides I wouldn't really care if they were, i love FPS!

I think MS realized that then need more variety.

Castlevania and Final Fantasy should help the image.

Thread Information