Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell All..I am going to the Darkside

Default Farewell All..I am going to the Darkside

This is a little farewell to all the members of this Forum. Today I have officially jumped over to the darkside. I am trading in My Xbox for a PS2 at a local Microplay store. Yes the door is open to flame my A S S away.

I am a person who needs instant gratification and the Xbox is just not providing it to me.

The constant wait for quality games to be released has pushed me off the Microsoft bandwagon.

This is the SOLE reason I am crossing over. I really have nothing negative to say about the XBOX besides the lack of games available (which is normal considering it is a new console)

However I feel the PS2 can fulfill the gap for the time being.

I am in no way a fanboy and I hope I will still be welcomed to chat on this site from time to time.

Cheers.

Dont let da door hit you on da way out!
    Im not gonna flame or bash you, hell- I didnt even know you ever posted here!

typical.

most people today if given the chance for either $5 right now, or $20 next week, will take the $5 today.

yeah, ummm........BUBYE.....

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Thumbs up

I don't know what to say to you Chronik. I thought you was a hardcore xbox lover. It would of been nice to play with you on halo online. But now all I can say to you is that you are really going to miss out.

Would you ever come back to the xbox.
    I would like to know.

Oh my canadian friend....fair well.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude, Chronic! What's up??! I mean, I know that no one is perfect...but, PoS2?!?!

Tell me you are just kidding and want to give me a heart attack!!! If my memory holds me correct, you were one of the foremost PoS2 bashers on the planet! Dude, you are giving up your soul, man!

All I know is that I am going to miss out cleaning your clock playing Halo and Unreal Championship on-line with ya. Bummer...I guess that's one less body to kill...

I mean, this has seriously got to be a bad joke. I can't fathom anyone that owns an XBox to completely give it up and go to the Phony PoS2 instead. Wow...that would suck to be lost

Sorry to see you go Chronik. You should have just keep the Xbox and get the PS2. Have fun!

Why not keep the xbox for the long run, And buy a PoS2 too?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Chronik! I to was a ps2 owner and thought xbox would not stand a chance, but after seeing wreckless and the danger of tapping the power of xbox. Getting a ps2 means you’re going back in time, but that’s not all that bad, heck you’ll have great gas prices. For me I’m staying in the future.

Well my fellow Canadian to each their own. I strongly believe that over the next six months the Xbox will do a lot of catching up with the number of good games available.

I look at it this way. The Xbox is 3 months old. Like a baby (Don't laugh I'm going somewhere with this) and you wouldn't trade in an infant because he\she can't, let's say, talk yet at 3 months old?
    The Xbox will grow too and there will be many games, good games coming. I think we live in a "fast food" world where everyone want's everything now. Anyways enjoy your PS2 and maybe we will bump into each other shovelling in May.

XBoxfan says it great...the XBox is still very new. I don't know about you guys, but, 3 months is not a very long time...not at all. In fact, I've been playing in so much gaming bliss since Nov 15th, that the time seems to have just flown by!

One thing is for sure, the current XBox games that are out now are first generation XBox games. Many of these games started their production before all the specs were finalized on the XBox console. The majority of those games don't use half of the XBox's extraordinary capabilities. Expect even greater games coming out the future.

Keep in mind that Sony's PoS2 didn't have any great games, in my opinion, until an entire year had passed.

Game developers are just being overwhelmed(sp?) by the power and cant quite use it properly.........Yet. Many of the games we see now find one cool thing they can do with the hardware and milk it.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Anyone willing to lower their standards that far DESERVES to own a PS2. Enjoy the jaggies.

Well Chronik...I guess that you've seen the verdict...it was fun while it lasted...so, I can't really say much except:

blub blub blub

He'll be back after the second and third wave of games hit the beloved box and he sees the sucky quality of the PS2 stuff...ob la di ob la da life goes on...........I mean really, TRADING the xbox in, instead of holding on to it and getting something else in the meantime?? Come on.....I bought a Dreamcast the other day for $40 off of Ebay, but I didn't buy it to REPLACE the Xbox...I wanted to play some of the games on it and for $40 you can't go wrong. You couldn't pry that black and green box from my hands even after death

Originally posted by darianX
    He'll be back after the second and third wave of games hit the beloved box and he sees the sucky quality of the PS2 stuff...ob la di ob la da life goes on...........I mean really, TRADING the xbox in, instead of holding on to it and getting something else in the meantime?? Come on.....I bought a Dreamcast the other day for $40 off of Ebay, but I didn't buy it to REPLACE the Xbox...I wanted to play some of the games on it and for $40 you can't go wrong. You couldn't pry that black and green box from my hands even after death

Now, this is a perfect display of an XBoxaddict buddy! Right on, DarianX!

In a few months he'll be drooling over XBox games and go back to the store. He'll get there and say, "I'd like to trade my PoS2 in for an XBOX please." At which time the clerk will say(while busting up laughing I presume), "I'll give you a good deal... you give me that hunk o' junk so i can start a little fire... PLUS 20 BUCKS... aaaaannd, I guess I'll let you have Kabuki Warriors!"

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! NOT EVEN DARTH VADER WOULD PLAY A PS2!!!
    Official PILOT of XBA!

Member on the run

Originally posted by FlyBoy

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! NOT EVEN DARTH VADER WOULD PLAY A PS2!!!
    nah...vader was a PS2!!! Bring on the star wars flamers

Seriously, now i ask, will everyone please join me........

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, GOOODBYEEEEE....

Thread Information