Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R the Svideo cables worth it

Post R the Svideo cables worth it

DO THEY REALLY MAKE A DIIFERENCE. IF SO WHICH BRAND

Default Re: R the Svideo cables worth it

Originally posted by cyclaud
    definatly worth the whole...$8...it does make a difference...and its only $8 ....so don't be so cheap and make your experience a little better....it provides better clarity definition and sharpness...not to mention color contrast is greatly improved..so if you want to get the best bang for your buck..get the s-video...I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

NeXt?????

and the brand doesn't make a difference....but aftermarket ones are cheaper...seen the official microsoft ones for $20...I've seen the others for as little as $7.99

Thumbs up

I bought the MadCatz S-Video cable because it comes with a lifetime warranty and is cheaper than the Microsoft one. And Yes, it does make a difference. The details are increased on games and DVDs. It's worth buying!
    Last edited by Kooster; 02-16-2002 at 01:30 PM.

Thumbs up

I asked this about a 1 month ago...and everyone told me they are worth it...And they are right!! It makes a big diff.

whats up Xtopia......good gamin b4...

Default Re: R the Svideo cables worth it

Originally posted by cyclaud
    Yeah the S-Video cable is great I had to buy the Microsoft own as I'm in the UK and it was the only one I could find, I hated the cr@p composite piture so I went out to buy one and I am so happy the piture is so clear the sound is stunning, ooooh all that bump-mapping I couldn't see in Halo, Dead or Alive 3 and so on, the only bloody think is cost me all together £85 aarrrgghh but if you looking for quality you got to spend

the cost:
    Microsoft Advanced AV pack: £29.99 bloody import prices
    Gold plated Digital Cable: £29.99
    Gold Plated S-Video to Scart lead: £24.99

The digital sound and the piture are top notch

Thumbs up

Another positive vote. They are worth it and You do notice the picture difference.

Default Re: Re: R the Svideo cables worth it

Originally posted by Afro Aura

Yeah the S-Video cable is great I had to buy the Microsoft own as I'm in the UK and it was the only one I could find, I hated the cr@p composite piture so I went out to buy one and I am so happy the piture is so clear the sound is stunning, ooooh all that bump-mapping I couldn't see in Halo, Dead or Alive 3 and so on, the only bloody think is cost me all together £85 aarrrgghh but if you looking for quality you got to spend

the cost:
    Microsoft Advanced AV pack: £29.99 bloody import prices
    Gold plated Digital Cable: £29.99
    Gold Plated S-Video to Scart lead: £24.99

The digital sound and the piture are top notch
    will it make a difference if you but the ad pack and i have a svideo cable already and put it in a scart converter and into my tv?
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

Im just gonna buy the mad catz cable

I recommend the component video cable if your tv has the input for it. It was only $20 for the HDTV pack and worth every penny.
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

Default Re: Re: Re: R the Svideo cables worth it

Originally posted by DenniZz81

will it make a difference if you but the ad pack and i have a svideo cable already and put it in a scart converter and into my tv?
    When I bought the Advanced AV pack it had the 3 nasty composite phonos (2 for sound and 1 for Video), S-Video output and a Digital sound output, Now the reason for me getting the S-Video > SCART lead is that my S-Vdeo is at the front of my TV and the SCARTS are at the back so I wanted to keep all the mess of wires out of sight thats all, oh yeah you do get a S-Video and Phonos with the pack so you don't have to buy any more leads
    I went out to get the gold plated leads for my personal use as it didn't come with the S-Video > SCART and the Digital lead

The picture is AMAZING if you've ever watched anything through an RF signal aaarrrggghhh and then you buy yourself a SCART or S-Video you'll know what I mean and if you've got yourself a Digital processcor with does, either DD or DTS then you've got to get yourself the digital lead then your XBOX will be kicking HARD.

Composite and RF sucks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: R the Svideo cables worth it

Originally posted by Afro Aura

When I bought the Advanced AV pack it had the 3 nasty composite phonos (2 for sound and 1 for Video), S-Video output and a Digital sound output, Now the reason for me getting the S-Video > SCART lead is that my S-Vdeo is at the front of my TV and the SCARTS are at the back so I wanted to keep all the mess of wires out of sight thats all, oh yeah you do get a S-Video and Phonos with the pack so you don't have to buy any more leads
    I went out to get the gold plated leads for my personal use as it didn't come with the S-Video > SCART and the Digital lead

The picture is AMAZING if you've ever watched anything through an RF signal aaarrrggghhh and then you buy yourself a SCART or S-Video you'll know what I mean and if you've got yourself a Digital processcor with does, either DD or DTS then you've got to get yourself the digital lead then your XBOX will be kicking HARD.

Composite and RF sucks
    what if you would buy the ad pack plug in a svideo cable from it convert it to scart and into the tv?
    would that give the quality a bost as well?
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

Default This line was getting to BIG

Originally posted by DenniZz81

what if you would buy the ad pack plug in a svideo cable from it convert it to scart and into the tv?
    would that give the quality a bost as well?
    OK mate the reason why I bought the S-Video > SCART is that my S-Video socket is at the front of my TV and at the back of my TV there are SCART sockets, now with my XBOX sitting underneath my TV I just didn't want wires sticking out everywhere so thats the reson I bought the S-Video > SCART to keep the front of my living room clean and keep all the connections at the back where all the other wires are hiding like my Video, DVD, Processer etc, etc.

Also don't worry about the S-Video and SCART they both give you a better picture, if the AV pack had a SCART input I would have bought a SCART > SCART lead, but it only came with a S-Video input OK I hope this helps

S-Video: splits the signal into chrominace (colour) and luminance (brightness)
    SCART: gives you RGB signal, when it's wired up correctly
    But dont worry they will BOTH give you a brilliant picture which everone you choose and as I said get yourself an optical cable for the sound it will amaze you (thats if you Hi-fi can take an optical lead)
    Last edited by Afro Aura; 02-18-2002 at 12:51 PM.

S-video cables do make a difference. i would go with monster cable though.

Originally posted by Toder
    If Monster did the Advanced AV pack I would have got that one instead but over here in the UK it's hard to find this stuff, went out to get myself some goldplated leads so if I do find a Monster AV pack I'll buy one and get rid of the Microsoft AV pack, at the moment though I'm happy with my set-up

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

If you buy the Advanced A/V Pack by Microsoft, it has an S-Video cable on it. I own it, love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

But, last weekend, I just bought a brand new 43" Toshiba HDTV Widescreen...and, now I am buying the High Definition A/V pack with Component Video I'm so stoked, I'm about to cry! I get it tomorrow!!!

unless you plan on upgrading your TV later (to HDTV, etc...), i would just get the MadCatz S-Video cable

Originally posted by Maximus
    If you buy the Advanced A/V Pack by Microsoft, it has an S-Video cable on it. I own it, love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

But, last weekend, I just bought a brand new 43" Toshiba HDTV Widescreen...and, now I am buying the High Definition A/V pack with Component Video I'm so stoked, I'm about to cry! I get it tomorrow!!!
    Cool dude get the BEST leads out there do you have a digital processer as the sound using the optical cable is amazing
    anyway don't wet your pants mate I'm happy for you too lol

Thread Information