Thread: Broken drive=what exactly?

Dbrizzle

Default Broken drive=what exactly?

Okay so I'm not good with all this hardware stuff and I have a question for those of you that have some knowledge on this subject. Ok my question is, I have a thomson harddrive and I know its gonna break eventually(kinda already on my 3rd xbox). Well I dont want to get real far in Morrowind and do it for nothing, i would like to be able to show it off later to my friends. So lets say my thomson breaks can I get a technician person(I know someone who is really good with xboxes) to change my harddrive over to a new xbox or get a new phillips or samsung drive? Or are the drive and harddrive the same thing? BOttom Line: If my thomson drive breaks, are my saved games lost or are they still there?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If you break it, you can call Microsoft's number to get it fixed but you need to pay for the shipping costs.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Dbrizzle

so you're telling me they can fix it and keep my save games on it? Or does the thomson drive even have anything to do with saved games.

how exactly does ur drive break>?
    Well youcan always copy ur saved games onto a Mem Card...
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

Once the drives dead you just cant put discs in there the saves still will be on the xbox. Just move them to your new box with a memory card if your current one breaks.

You do know there is a difference between the CD-Drive and the Hard-Drive right? ur saves are on the harddrive not the disk reader.

Dbrizzle

People,people. Memory cards only work for like .05 percent of the games. I'm talking about MORROWIND here. Its not memory card copy-able.

Quote Originally Posted by m4oH
    People,people. Memory cards only work for like .05 percent of the games. I'm talking about MORROWIND here. Its not memory card copy-able.
    Um, I hope this comment was not directed at me but if it was... your harddrive is not a memory card.

Dbrizzle

Quote Originally Posted by TOTTEN-XBA
    Once the drives dead you just cant put discs in there the saves still will be on the xbox. Just move them to your new box with a memory card if your current one breaks.
    No ninjermy why would that be directed at you? It had nothing to do with your post. Some people suggested moving them to a memory card such as TOTTEN and MisterWiggles, thats who it was directed at.

Put as many of your save games possible on to a memory card. I sent my busted xbox to microsoft and thought that i'd have all my saves when i got it back, but I lost every single save on the system. I had to beat all my games again and lost all my music that i put on the Hard drive. I don't know why they erase the hard drive, but they do.

713 $\|/

hmm guess u know by now that thomson is the dvd drive... but anyway if ur handy... but im not gonna go into detail u can backup the drive.. but it will void warranty... but with that said microsoft charges alot off the warranty and all they really do is run a disc reformat the hard drive.. loss all date etc.

Thread Information