Thread: Bye bye PS2...

HaloUK

Wink Bye bye PS2...

I've been reading up on the XBox for the last week or so and yesterday I asked in my local game store how much trade-in I would get for my PS2 with GTA3 - £150! That's half an XBox!!

Just over 3 weeks to the UK launch, my mind's made up.

Nice deal. Where i'm from you would of been lucky to get a $100 for a trade like that. hope you enjoy your xbox when ya get it

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by Toder
    Nice deal. Where i'm from you would of been lucky to get a $100 for a trade like that. hope you enjoy your xbox when ya get it
    Toder what are you talking about you hope he will enjoy the Xbox. I know he will enjoy it. I am talking form experiences here.

Good Trade In Dude!!!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Nice man. SHow the ps2 what were made of. Anyway, after my one friend slept over he said he will sell me his gamecube because he wants an x-box. I made him one of us.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Originally posted by fear_this
    Nice man. SHow the ps2 what were made of. Anyway, after my one friend slept over he said he will sell me his gamecube because he wants an x-box. I made him one of us.
    That is good to hear we all have to do are part in promoting the xbox.

Member on the run

Originally posted by fear_this
    For some reason that statement is really disturbing!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude! You'll never look back! XboX pRyDE!!!

$150 for a used PS2 is a great deal. I just got $100 for my Dreamcast and I didn't even have any games with it and only had 2 controllers. I always get ripped off, it was my turn to rip someone else off to make the circle of rip off go round hehe.
    Last edited by GokuX; 02-19-2002 at 12:58 PM.

Your crazy. I live in San Diego and only got $45 for my dreamcast w/ 2 controllers, vmu and 2 games and that was at Electronics Boutique!
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

blub blub blub

Heh, I paid like $60 with shipping for a Dreamcast on Ebay...not bad I think. The local EB here is giving $275 for an Xbox...what trade-in value On a similar note, the Funcoland is still offering $25 for DOA3 trades.....HIGHER than MGS2 for the ps2!!! And I thought DOA3 was such a sucky game.....NOT!

Originally posted by GokuX
    $150 for a used PS2 is a great deal. I just got $100 for my Dreamcast and I didn't even have any games with it and only had 2 controllers. I always get ripped off, it was my turn to rip someone else off to make the circle of rip off go round hehe.
    thats a good deal for the PS2 I'd say.
    GokuX the £150 would be about $213.60 over you side the total cost over here to buy the XBOX would be about $427.19 in your money so were getting ripped off over here. I bought my US XBOX for £490 aaarrggghhh it hurts to say it, then I had to buy the step-down £20 and the games at £59 each I'm telling you, you guys over there have got it lucky

I think the currency ex is £1 > $1.424
    I'm not sure but that was the rate I paid to subscribe to the OXM magazine with the 3 bad demo disks, please put something playable on the next issue
    Last edited by Afro Aura; 02-20-2002 at 08:43 PM.

Hehe $213 for a DC, that's $73 more than I paid for it new. Sorry to hear bout your large costs to get an Xbox. Everyone should get to enjoy one for $300. On selling a used system, I think it's always better to advertise locally. For instance I've sold a couple of my systems. Fo rmy Sega Gen. w/ CD w/ 32X I got $150 and that was about 2 years after I got the 32X. I sold my N64 3 years after I got it for $150 and it just had 4 controllers w/ Goldeneye. I probably will be able to sell my Xbox for $150 - $200 in like 4 or 5 years.
    Last edited by GokuX; 02-19-2002 at 05:24 PM.

Hehe $213 for a DC, that's $73 more than I paid for it new. Sorry to hear bout your large costs to get an Xbox. Everyone should get to enjoy one for $300. On selling a used system, I think it's always better to advertise locally. For instance I've sold a couple of my systems. Fo rmy Sega Gen. w/ CD w/ 32X I got $150 and that was about 2 years after I got the 32X. I sold my N64 3 years after I got it for $150 and it just had 4 controllers w/ Goldeneye. I probably will be able to sell my Xbox for $150 - $200 in like 4 or 5 years.
    You wouldn't dare lol

You wouldn't dare lol
    Well, only if the Xbox 2 is backward compatible hehe.

Well, only if the Xbox 2 is backward compatible hehe.
    LOL

Default Re: Bye bye PS2...

Originally posted by HaloUK
    I've been reading up on the XBox for the last week or so and yesterday I asked in my local game store how much trade-in I would get for my PS2 with GTA3 - £150! That's half an XBox!!

Just over 3 weeks to the UK launch, my mind's made up.
    Welcome to our world, a world where the sky is always green.
    Follow the green Rabbit.
    Games I own so far:
    PGR--SSX Tricky
    DOA3--HALO
    Obi Won--Silent Hill2
    Max Payne--NFL Fever
    THPS2x--Dave Mirra2
    Genma Onimusha--Wreckless
    Raw-JSRF-Blood Omen 2

Sounds like you made a great deal dude. Make sure you get Halo,BloodWake,and WRECKLESS they are a must.

Talking TO haloUK

do you still have your ps2 or did you trade it? because idk if you really said it or not i just skimmed through it, i know ps2 is sucker than xbox and im sure all you agree, but my ps2 broke down and all i really want it for is for gta3! and HALOUK if you still have it and your gonna trade it in for 100-150 i might pay ya 150-200 dollars for it!!!!!!!!!REPLY SOON!

Thread Information