Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Owns a Gameboy Advance Here?

Smile Who Owns a Gameboy Advance Here?

Now, I'm not PRO Nintendo or anything, but the other day I bought myself a GameBoy Advance and a few games, one of them being Midway Arcade Classics , WOW...is all I have to say...the Double A's lasted me 15 hours, I'm talking about regular Duracells!!! The screen is a little on the dark side, but lights are available and some guy is making a internal lighting kit. www.portablemonopoly.com

Now, if Microsoft came out with a handheld gaming device, I'd be all over it. But, unfortunately they don't. I love my Xbox to death (****, I started this HUGE site didn't I) and I'm not buying a Nintendo Gamecube either. But this little GBA handheld device rocks and a lot of classic games are available on it. Pac-Man, Ms.Pac-Man, Galaga, Defender and a pile more.

And the GBA costed me only $70 USD, the price was right too to have all those old games, and play them on the road.

Do you have a GBA? (Don't be afraid to say)
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 02-21-2002 at 08:41 AM.

70 bucks? Where at?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    70 bucks? Where at?

Ummm....everywhere.

The GBA retail price dropped to $69.99 quite awhile ago.

i have a gameboy advance and its just alright if u ask me...the light i have SUX and u really cant see the games unless u have it set up in a perfect place next to a lamp or something...the lighting just plain old sux on it...

i have two games, pac man advance (which i lost somehow) and mario advance which is super mario 2 and the original...both games are good but i just find myself not spending money on those games ya know...they are almost the price of a xbox game when u think about it...most games are 34-40 bucks, for 10 more bucks u can get a xbox game, thats the only reason i dont have more games...

But of course the best thing about them is, the long road trips and being entertained...and the battery does last forever it seems...

Cool ninja advance!

I dont own one, but I sure was considering it once I heard about the price drop last month! I would love to have Sonic Advance!
    But then again, since I am a loyal addict Stephan... you can always hook your friendly addict role model up with one of dem joints!

I want super mario world for the road

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by VAN-XBA

Ummm....everywhere.

The GBA retail price dropped to $69.99 quite awhile ago.
    Cool, i did not know that. If games were like 10-15 bucks each i would definitely have to get it.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Wow, i really didnt like the GBA but now after you pointed it out, I actually Kinda like it. Im going to save my money up to get it. Which should I get though Wreckless or GBA?

I would probably buy the GBA if you spend a lot of the time on the road (or in the air or on the water), but its your decision. Choose wisely

I thought wreckless sucked.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

One thing is for sure, Nintendo clearly dominates the hand-held gaming industry. But, I have never been into hand-helds, personally. I mean, I would play one if someone had one available and let me play, but, I don't think I would buy one...even at the relatively new discounted price. (The price reduction is a relatively new reduction in the Seattle area - probably 2 months ago is when it dropped...not sure about anywhere else).

Personally, I think the screen is a little small. But, one cool thing about them is that if you have friends that own them, you can link them together kind of like the XBox's System Link...also, you can plug a Gameboy Advance into a GameCube and play it on a larger screen. I will have to commend Nintendo for that idea...pretty cool for Nintendo consumers.

Id just look to have it to play classic games like super mario world if im on a road trip or taking a dump.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Plewis
    I would probably buy the GBA if you spend a lot of the time on the road (or in the air or on the water), but its your decision. Choose wisely

I totally agree with ya plewis. That's probably the only reason I would not buy a GameBoy Advance is because im never on the road to travel that often enough.
    I most traveling I do on a daily bases is riding the metro subway back & forth to work and home.
    It's not like I would buy a Advance just so I can play it at home when I have a Xbox and Dreamcast their to play on my 27"inch TV!
    But I think investing in a GameBoy Advance is a good choice for us all, im mean... it will be years before another Nintendo hand-held. So $70.00 is a mad crazy steal price for this little hand held trooper!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 02-21-2002 at 11:11 AM.

Exclamation

I own a GBA, and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is badass. So is MarioKart- you only need one cart to play multiplayer (up to 4 peeps) with it. And the batteries do last long. And for all FF/RPG lovers, Golden Sun is God.

GBA would be even better if it had more of the WonderSwan titles, like the FF series, DragonQuest series, and the rumored sequel to Crono Cross.

Just waiting for Soul Calibur II GBA...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Default Re: Who Owns a Gameboy Advance Here?

Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
    www.portablemonopoly.com
    I am DEFINITELY buying this light kit when it gets released. I've owned a GBA since launch and the screen issues are the single biggest problem with the unit.

Default Something planned.

For those of you people that have a GBA, I have a small surprise for you. (Hint: It will look like XBA)

And no it's not a Gamecube site.

Default Re: Something planned.

Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
    For those of you people that have a GBA, I have a small surprise for you. (Hint: It will look like XBA)
    I know what it is!

It's lookin' good too, Stephen.

10k.

Yeah, i got a GBA. I think by FAR the best game is Golden Sun, and i advise all who dont have or are goin to get one to get GS as one of their first games. It is the best.

Default GBA is great especially with Flash Rom

Love my GBA. Though I don't play it as much since I got XBox. Flash rom card is the best. Nothing like having 50 NES games on one cartrige at a time. Also someone has written an emulator for the Spectrum which I like because it has a lot of the same games as C64 (like bruce lee).

Talking

Well, all this positive feedback about GBA convinced me... I just got mine brand new on ebay for 66 bucks(shipping already included). Some are going for less than that if you really fight for them or buy used. I can't wait for a GBA addict site... hell, i can't wait for my GBA to get here! So the best game to buy is Golden Sun? How is Sonic?
    Official PILOT of XBA!

Thread Information