Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conclusion: Just buy ps2 and xbox

Default Conclusion: Just buy ps2 and xbox

After being inbetween for awhile I realized this is probably the best way to go. Instead of owning 10 xbox games in which you probably regularly play I'd say about 3, (which im sure alot of people have done) just save that money and buy ps2. There are too many ps2 exclusive games that us xbox owners are going to miss out on. Yeah people can say, "well project ego is going to make up for it", or "morrowind, blah blah". Well why have to hope on other things making up for it, just get both. Save your money that you would usually spend on half-decent games and only buy a console's ubergames, and rent all the others. On xbox right now the only games I can really see a point in owning are JSRF, Halo, and maybe some sports games cause of replay value but thats about it. There are too many excluive ps2 games out right now and predicted to come out soon that Im sure alot of people don't want to miss out on. For example Devil May Cry, FFX, Fifa series, twisted metals, and gran turismo. Also FFXI and Xenosagas are just some games comin out in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the xbox and I know its a much better system, I just wish game developers would realize that so I wouldn't have to begin thinking this way.

I already have both.

get gamecube and one of the others, either Xbox or PS2..

the Xbox and PS2 games are so similar, but gamecube has all the games that Xbox nor PS2 will have.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

May I intervene?

Take a look at the name of this website. It says "XBoxADDICT.com". It doesn't say "IAmAHalfAssedFanOfTheXBoxBecauseIAmAlsoAFanOfThePoS2.com"

Nor does it say "IAmALittleBabyGamerThatLovesToPlayEveryVersionOfMarioFoundOnMyLittlePurpleEasyBakeOvenCalledTheLame Cube.com"

hehe...~~XboX pRyDE!!~~

or you could just get an xbox and play all the same games plus many more with beter graphics, sound , and internet gaming. Dont get a ps2.... spend the 300$ on xbox games. Although I would probably buy a ps2 for 130$ or less simply because it can play game back-ups.
    Hidden Content
    My Xbox Set-up: xbox console, 32 inch tv, 600watt dolby 5.1 amp with nice speakers, hd av pack, dvd playback kit GAMES: Bloodwake, Halo, NFL Fever 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk 3, Project Gotham Racing, Wreckless, and Ralisport Challenge.

Take a look at the name of this website. It says "XBoxADDICT.com". It doesn't say "IAmAHalfAssedFanOfTheXBoxBecauseIAmAlsoAFanOfThePoS2.com"

Nor does it say " IAmALittleBabyGamerThatLovesToPlayEveryVersionOfMarioFoundOnMyLittlePurpleEasyBakeOvenCalledTheLameC
    ube.com"
    hehe...good job maximus

i am trying to pick up a cheap pos2...but i would neva pay full price...
    maybe 1/2 price at most
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Did I once mention gamecube? Are your eyes that screwed up from spending almost every waking minute of your life on gamespy online? Thats a shame.

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware), what do other people think about this? I would much rather only support xbox so game companies need to start wakin up!

blub blub blub

Here's an alternate for ya: find a Dreamcast online cheap. I got one for $50, extra controller for $8, 800 block memory card for $9...all ya need for less than $70. And the games are pretty cheap too...you can snag used ones for under $10. There were a lot of good games on the DC so there's a nice library to pick from.

hehe...good job maximus.
    Let us all cower behind the one with almost 4,000 posts and never has anything interesting to say. Look at him and say to yourself: thats who i want to be!

DarianX: Are there alot of good DC games released in the US? Or do you have to import alot of them?

I don't wana own a PS2 if I have a XBox, they both will be release the same game & there more exclusive game on the XBox. The only great agme the PS2 has that won't make it to the XBox is Final Fantasy and I still think that game ain't all that great. If its release ont he XBox I won't buy it so I don't need a PS2.

Gamecube is another story, there 1st party game is enough reason to buy the system

blub blub blub

They are mostly US releases...the only import I know is Shenmue 2. (Shenmue is loads of fun, albeit lengthy and repetitive at times) There is a list of all released DC games on Sega's site...lemme find it....http://www.sega.com/images/dreamcast..._checklist.pdf

Theres like 250 games on that list, and quite a few are good, PLUS the fact that they're cheap nowadays. Brand new games in the stores are $30 tops, going down from there. I might be just a cheapa$$, but I never considered shelling out major bucks for a PS2. Yes there's a lot of games there, but they're every bit as expensive as an Xbox game. That's why I went for the DC to fill in the gaming gaps.

Originally posted by Dog Of War
    Did I once mention gamecube? Are your eyes that screwed up from spending almost every waking minute of your life on gamespy online? Thats a shame.

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware), what do other people think about this? I would much rather only support xbox so game companies need to start wakin up!
    First and foremost, did you see in my post above that I actually said that you stated GameCube? I didn't think so. I was simply stating a response to the post above mine.

Don't get your panties all tied up in a bunch and shoved up your crack and make an attempt to put me down on what I like to do....I like Gamespy, yes...and I like Halo, yes. Why is it that you are the only f'n punkass that has a problem with that? If you want to show me who's man, just get on Gamespy...I'll show you.

Originally posted by dougi3000
    get gamecube and one of the others, either Xbox or PS2..

the Xbox and PS2 games are so similar, but gamecube has all the games that Xbox nor PS2 will have.
    Is it just me or have I been noticing a lot of Gamecube fanboys in the last month. I love the "Xbox and PS2 games are so similar" line. If you don't want to completely support the Xbox then go to another forum. It doesn't bother me if people play or even enjoy other systems but if they want to down the Xbox they should just go away.

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware),
    I think you need to Shut the Fuk up before you get slapped the fuk up. He put [XBA] in front of his name so we can find each other in the gamespy chat room. Dumb ass.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Let us all cower behind the one with almost 4,000 posts and never has anything interesting to say. Look at him and say to yourself: thats who i want to be!
    Alright, asswhipe...Two thumbs up for this stupid ass thread that has been discussed for several months on here time and time again. Bring something new to the table. Pretty hypocritical statement, don't you think? Dumbass.

Maximus, god of halo online, (lol and thats not a compliment)explain to me how to get on.
    I got gamespy arcade and I got the tunnel software, but I don't think it will work with my config. Im on a T1 connection where my computer goes to my internal network card which goes directly to the jack in the wall. Any idea?

Maximus, god of halo online, (lol and thats not a compliment)explain to me how to get on.
    I got gamespy arcade and I got the tunnel software, but I don't think it will work with my config. Im on a T1 connection where my computer goes to my internal network card which goes directly to the jack in the wall. Any idea?
    Im the God of Halo online

Is MaX such a bad guy for helping people get on-line with gamespy. S4it son your views are fuked. I think your a complete jackass and make no sense.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Appearently you would probably know how many times its been discussed cause you do in fact live here. But this post did have the word "conclusion" in its subject, does that mean anything to you? Can you process that?

Jjax...it couldn't be layed out any easier:

Computer--->10/100 Network Card--->Jack in wall

Can you understand that?

Thread Information