Thread: A funny thing happened at the Computer Store...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A funny thing happened at the Computer Store...

So I was killing some time yesterday, so I popped into Comp USA to see what was new. While I was there I happened across the non-functioning Xbox 360 Display, both wireless controllers needed new batteries or to be recharged, but the demo screen was up and the system was functioning.

On a whim i asked the young clerk in the game dept if they actually had any 360 in stock. His answer was what I expected..."No, we sold out right away" that was fine, I answered with "I figured as much, but thought I would ask". Then after a brief pause, and I started to walk away he felt the need to inform me that...

"It's a good thing we don't have any, their all being recalled becasue they crash" hmmm, so I said..."Oh, so you have an official recall from Microsoft for the 360's?" to which I got thet uneasy look and squirm.."No, but a freind told me they crash" I wonder if his friends name is Bill Gates, for him to have such crucial info.

Then it happened, I wasn't sure if it would, and again, it was as I was walking away, I heard what I thought I was going to hear from my yong friend..."The PS3 is going to blow the 360 away anyway, so I would wait."

Ah, Fanboys, gotta love 'em.

So of course i couldn't help myself, and as I left walking past the MGR office, I knocked and asked if it was a wise thing for clerks to be teling people about a recall that doesn't exist, hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.
    Last edited by Highlite23; 12-07-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Information