Thread: Fighting Games On Nintendo!!! WHAT!!!!

Default Fighting Games On Nintendo!!! WHAT!!!!

OK, now I'm really ****ed. I am a huge fan of street fighter games and I was pretty mad when I found out that Capcom Vs. SNK 1&2 were only playable on the PoS2. But I just read the news section on the gamespot site that Capcom Vs SNK 2 was coming out for the Nintendo Gamecube. That's right the Gamecube, you know the console system that is being killed by the XBOX and the PoS2. Since when does Nintendo bring out fighting games!!!! Especially Street Fighter Fighting games. How come the XBOX is an X-Fighting game, why don't we get to have the chance to play this game on the XBOX.

Capcom doesn't feel the Xbox has a diverse enough user base right now for a real commitment to it. I did hear talk a long time ago about Capcom vs Snk 3 being a possible XBox game, but that was purely rumor/speculation.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Yes, this is some sad news...Gamecube getting the Capcon Vs SNK series before we do. Whats the world coming to! This should be remotely interesting to see if a fighting game could survive on the Gamecube

Untill next time...

What the hell is going on, GBA gets Street Fighter Alpha 3. FUKKKKKKKKK!!!! Ah well, I'll just get the emulator for it. Ha ha ha.

Capcom must not have heard that the Gamecube controller is a nightmare for Fighters

Originally posted by y2kash_14
    Capcom must not have heard that the Gamecube controller is a nightmare for Fighters
    Yeah, the GC's controller seems like it would be terrible for fighters! I'm getting the Xbox controller S just for fighting games! The d-pad is better for fighters and the buttons are farther apart.

Default I Think Dual Shock 2 Is Best For Fighting Games

Originally posted by y2kash_14

Ooh yeah and the X-Box controller is perfect for fighting games!

Hidden Content
    :o Wherever Whenever FOREVER-Bakero

Default Re: I Think Dual Shock 2 Is Best For Fighting Games

Originally posted by Bakero

Ooh yeah and the X-Box controller is perfect for fighting games!

did i say the Xbox controller was good for fighting games? ummmmmm NO

Capcom knows GC controller is not very suited for fighting games
    at first i thought they gonna introduce a special controller bundled with CvS2 GC

instead they dumbed down the game and called it CvS2 EO (Easy Operation)

oh well

i'm pretty sure Capcom next fighting game (a real sequel instead of rehash like CvS2) will be multi platform though

-aneep-

i hope your right about the multi platform thing, a gaming library just isn't complete without a good 2D fighter

RadRider

You guys are forgetting something here. Remember when Capcom announced that Resident Evil 0-4 are GameCube exclusive? Nintendo obviously paid them off. Either that money affected the fighting games as well, or Capcom thinks they're pleasing Nintendo by doing what they're doing. Just remember that, because what Capcom say "officially" isn't what is officially happening, and is in no way reminiscent of the way good developers think of the Xbox.

Thread Information