Thread: Good High Definition Game Database website.

Default Good High Definition Game Database website.

Here is a really good database listing games for Xbox, GC, PS2, and DC that support or don't support 480p, 720p, 1080i, DD5.1, and 16x9 playback.

It is user updated so some wrong info my turn up but it allows comments as well which so far pointed out one mistake, that being Madden in 720p.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default Cool...

Thanks Lynxfx. Although I didn't need anyone to come along to tell me there were no HDTV games! It might be cool an about 6 months though.

RIPDZ

Yeah, the best info on there now for us Xbox owners is the 16x9 support. At least that is what I use it for.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Atleast all XBox games, excluding 007: Agent Under Fire, supports 480p...better than not, that's for sure!

I can't wait until games come out in 1080i!! 720p for that matter!!!

Really cool post, Lynxfx!

Yeah I decided to add it to my sig. Should make it easy answering alot of questions.
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Yeah I decided to add it to my sig. Should make it easy answering alot of questions.
    Excellent! Now we will all be able to find it Thanks, bud!

I didn't think the PS2 supported progressive-scan or HD output at all, so why include it in the listing?

HEY!
    it looks like MY SITE!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dougi3000/xboxsupport.htm

hmm..
    i havent updated it in a while though..
    LOL

Mine has a more complete catagories.

Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

Just to be clear, this isn't my site. I just happened to come across it.

Originally posted by DBXNY
    I didn't think the PS2 supported progressive-scan or HD output at all, so why include it in the listing?
    Tekken 4 on the PS2 is the first title to support 480p.

The PS2 also has plenty of 16x9 titles. Plus it makes us feel better about the Xbox since we can see just how many more games (all but one) support progressive scan over the PS2 (only 1).

Dougi3000,
    Good site, and no offense but I think this one is a little easier to browse through, plus more accurate. But like you said, haven't updated in a while affects that. I liked this one because users that confirm it can update the site themselves. Plus you can compare other consoles since many people do own more than one, myself not included. Xbox only for me.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Sony just released their progressive scan specification to developers (they are slow that way )

so we can expect more PS2 games with progressive scan after this

and to make this xbox related
    anyone here thinks Panzer Dragoon Orta will support 1080i? since there are screenshot released in that size (1900x1080)

-aneep-

I have a good feeling Aneep.................. extra large viewing with a great game like PD........ 1080i sweet..........

Glad to see you here. Many of the guys from the old board are here................this place is so much more peaceful and has none of that 1 console types that come in with **** and vinegar. A great place for your XBOX needs.............

Good to see you Aneep...........
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Virtuoso's sweet upcoming XBOX games

Project- Ego, Brute force, Knights of Decadyn, Panzer Dragoon, Unreal championship, 24 Automatons, Secret XBOX Platformer, Kotor, Ninja Gaiden , Proj- Phoenix, BC, Halo 2, Doom 3, Duality, Matrix Enclave, Maelstrom, Ult- Blade of Darkness, Splinter Cell, Bloodrayne, Strident, Internal pain, Morrowind, Breed, Battalion, Dino crisis 3, Malice, SWAT , Yager, Deathrow, Turok, CMR 3,

good to see u too FoN

-aneep-

Cool site, but now I'm confused. I don't know much about 720p or 1080i or 16:9. However, I have a Sony Wega and whenever I put a game in and set the TV to 16:9, the screen compresses and the game looks alot better. This includes Halo which the site says does not support 16:9. What am I missing?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

good idea putting it on your sig....and I too do not know much about these. And what kind of TV's do these. Like what is 480p?
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

I'll put together a little webpage explaining the difference between all of the different settings. I know Dre was doing something like that and I was actually supposed to send him something..oops...but that should clear it up.

BTW, none of this info really matters unless you have a digital tv, hdtv, widescreen tv, or a DD5.1 surround system.
    ---Hidden Content ---

BTW, none of this info really matters unless you have a digital tv, hdtv, widescreen tv, or a DD5.1 surround system.
    Otherwise known as being a REAL man.

RIPDZ

Originally posted by MidniteArrow

Otherwise known as being a REAL man.
    ---Hidden Content ---

I'll put together a little webpage explaining the difference between all of the different settings. I know Dre was doing something like that and I was actually supposed to send him something..oops...but that should clear it up.

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing the page. Please let me know when you get it up.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Thread Information