Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got Project Gotham Racing

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default I just got Project Gotham Racing

I just got Project Gotham Racing, and it si pretty cool! I just have one question.. is unlocking the cars hard? Or will it be very hard? I was just wondering!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

I got Rallisport on Friday... So far.. I've unlocked half the cars. The game is wicked fun!! Y didn't you get that instead? Its way better.

It was a tough choice but Gotham had brand name cars so I bought it!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Both are killer. PGR is a little frustrating at times, but stick with it. Actually, the more you race the larger the game gets, more tracks, cars, etc.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Both PGR and Rallisport are great games. Personally, I think Rallisport is a better game, but, that's just me. I prefer having the ability to get out of the city.

But, PGR is a killer game, too...and, yes, it's extremely hard. It starts becoming very challenging once you get the Skyline...it's pretty much an uphill battle from there on

Originally posted by Maximus
    Both PGR and Rallisport are great games. Personally, I think Rallisport is a better game, but, that's just me. I prefer having the ability to get out of the city.

But, PGR is a killer game, too...and, yes, it's extremely hard. It starts becoming very challenging once you get the Skyline...it's pretty much an uphill battle from there on
    But is it frustrating?

Originally posted by faceoff508

But is it frustrating?
    faceoff I am going to be honest with you....I have played many racing games in my console life. None have ever ****ed me off more then PGR, this game has a great look and feel to it, but the difficulty is so annoying, that I returned the game and got rallisport! This games will make you break stuff! The best hint I can give you is get the car with the best handling because speed dosn't matter in this game you can beat the entire game with the first car you start with. This game is really weak and lacks balance, my suggestion is to give it up before it is to late!

Nah, don't worry Faceoff. I bought PGR at launch and it definitely got its money's worth. Yes, its hard and challenging, but once you've given it time, you get pretty good at it. I personally don't like RC that much, but PGR is the schiz. Only beef I have with PGR is that replays are kinda lame.. its always the same camera shots it seems...

Anyhoo, there are 2 cars I've been unable to unlock (the 2 from the last 2 arcade races), the rest were pretty straightforward. Yes it can be frustrating.. the AI plays like a friend would play.. as in they knock you and try to spin you out, etc. You just have to make sure you look at your rear-view before turns to make sure you ain't gonna get nailed
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

i traded bloodwake for it (definitely good trade) but I havent gotten it yet... I hope it's not too frustrating... when I rented it it seemed pretty hard at first... do i just suck at it or is it hard at the beginning?

Originally posted by Plewis
    i traded bloodwake for it (definitely good trade) but I havent gotten it yet... I hope it's not too frustrating... when I rented it it seemed pretty hard at first... do i just suck at it or is it hard at the beginning?
    Its pretty hard at the beginning. Once you start unlocking some faster cars things start rolling. After playing for a while, you kinda get this 6th sense for when to brake, glide, power-slide, etc...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Its pretty hard at the beginning. Once you start unlocking some faster cars things start rolling. After playing for a while, you kinda get this 6th sense for when to brake, glide, power-slide, etc...
    Oh, cause in the beggining it took me a long time to finiish a race! And one more question: How do you get Kudos?

Oh, cause in the beggining it took me a long time to finiish a race! And one more question: How do you get Kudos?
    Skidding, passing cars, going through zones without touching the walls, etc...

If you subscribe to OXM, theres a vid of a "perfect run" on the may demo disc.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Project Gotham Racing SUCKS Compared to Rallisport Challenge!!!!

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Project Gotham Racing SUCKS Compared to Rallisport Challenge!!!!
    Thanks for the intelligent commentary...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

So Dre... i Shouldn't return it for RC?

If anyone has a comment about this please post, I really need to know if I should return it or not!

So Dre... i Shouldn't return it for RC?

If anyone has a comment about this please post, I really need to know if I should return it or not!
    Its up to you in the end.. I enjoyed PGR quite a bit and it gave me a good 30 hours or so of gameplay just to unlock all the stuff. And all in all, it was great fun! Sure it did get frustrating at times, but not more than every other game out there. Thats my opinion.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Thanks, I think I will stick with this game!

But is it frustrating?
    It frustrated the heck out of me! I like RSC alot more...

Default Re: I just got Project Gotham Racing

I just got Project Gotham Racing, and it si pretty cool! I just have one question.. is unlocking the cars hard? Or will it be very hard? I was just wondering!
    its hard, well sort of

the F50 ferrari (best car, last car) is by far the best car. and ill tell ya:

DONT USE THE CODES!!!!!

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: I just got Project Gotham Racing

Originally posted by CALzinger

its hard, well sort of

the F50 ferrari (best car, last car) is by far the best car. and ill tell ya:

DONT USE THE CODES!!!!!
    Whats wrong with codes, I dont even use them but whats wrong wit them?

Thread Information