Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's Hunter: The Reckoning? Got mine today...

Default How's Hunter: The Reckoning? Got mine today...

...and it is awesome!

Been playing for just over an hour (by myself) and am having a hell of a time completing level 3. Grrr.

Graphics are fantastic, controls are intuitive, and the music really sets the mood. I'm pretty sure the environments look nice also, the only problem is that you cant take your eyes off of the 20+ zombies that are creeping in on you long enough to really get a look at your surroundings.

I'll post a full review after 10 hours of play, so keep an eye open.

If you like blood...this game is for you. There is more blood in this game than I've ever seen before in a console title. I've only found a few weapons so far, but for themost part they all are great. (didnt really care for the pistol)

I'm gonna get back to playing.....

If I had to review this game right now...4outta 5 stars. Lets hope it remains this good throughout the various levels in the game.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Sounds killer man...Let us know more soon.

I am headin down to Greenville for the weekend, my inlaws live in Taylors, SC. You know where that is Van?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

haha I work in Taylors. Its a 5 minute drive from me (in Greer)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Sweet news, VAN! I can't wait to get my beer frosted palms on this game!!

******! I KNEW I should've gone by gamestop on the way home...hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, but I'm still playing Spiderman...oh well...so many games, so little time.

Why hasn't my Gamestop gottin it in yet and your store got it??

Ok, Ive played Hunter for maybe 6 hours total, and I think I'm about halfway through the game.

Does the game still kick ass?

Yes!

Those who have compared this game to "gauntlet", are really making a poor comparison. Sure, this game allows 4 player simultaneous play--but thats the only similairty.

While the basis of the game is "hack'n slash" everything in sight, it is much more than that.

Levels are mission-based.

There is switch-throwing.

There is key-finding.

There is "innocent" rescuing".

There are boss battles. (hint: dont f*ck with a possessed teddy bear)

To use the modern-day lingo of todays teens--this game OWNS!

A note of caution. Hunter: The Reckoning is a thumb-buster. While some folks may think they are skilled players and will try to form some kind of strategy with which to dispatch the undead that come at you from everywhere, the game quickly becomes a button-mashing hack fest.

This is not a bad thing, however.

Strategy does come in to play at times, just not very often.

I have discovered several of what I believe to be "secret areas", and have had numerous weapons in my possession. The weapons just keep getting better. But they have to, because the enemies keep getting better.

I've now racked up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 kills, and each kill feels better than the last.

Watching a creeps head take a bounce or 2 on the ground after I have lopped it off with my sword is pure bliss.

Gone are the days of the "flicker and fade-out" way of getting corpses off of your screen. Kill a zombie, rabid sewer rat, hellhound, or other creature, and they turn to dust and drift aweay in the wind. Very cool effect.

My thumbs are aching, guys, but it's the kind of ache that signifies a truly great game--and Hunter is that.

I'm halfway through the game, and already looking forward to going back through the game with the other characters, taking more time to kill all creatures, and searching out more hidden areas.

This game already has replay value, and I've yet to finish it the first time.

Cut scenes are well done, though I would have liked to see a bit more effort put into the animation.

One gripe I have is with swordplay. When launching an attack with an edged weapon, your character seems to do combos at the worst possible time. On occasion, I'll swipe my sword at a zombie, only to misswith an "accidental combo". Now I am forced to wait for the combo to completely play through before I can re-attack.

Hint: If you hear scorching guitar music fade in....get ready for a fight. Music such as this generally signifies the beginning of a huge 30 vs 1 battle...and these battles are a blast.

I predict this game will be the next million-seller, and after more people get their hands on it, you can rest assured that it will debut and remain in the XBA top 5 for a long time.

BUY THIS GAME. You won't be disappointed.

Where did you get it from ? I called all over here and no one got it yesterday. Oh well maybe today.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

so from what is sounds like is once you have beat this game you will want to play it again with another character! I knew this game was going to be sweet. I was a little disappointed when it wasn't in my mail yesterday. I should definatly have it today!

It's supose to be realeased today at Gamestop.com. Lucky there is a gamestop in my mall right here less than 10 minutes away. But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...

Originally posted by XboxGirl
    It's supose to be realeased today at Gamestop.com. Lucky there is a gamestop in my mall right here less than 10 minutes away. But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...
    I know exactly how you feel!

i heard that the game was too short. i might buy it though. do u think theres alot of replay value? i think there probly is. is there only a single-player game mode (of course theres a 4 player mode), or is there like different modes?

Yes it has replay value. As I already mentioned, I am looking forward to going back through the game with the other 3 characters to follow their stories and see how their weapons work out.

The game also features 2 locked game mades. "Nightmare Mode", and one other that I cannot remember. I'll take a look once I get home.

Originally posted by XboxGirl
    But I have to wait till tomorrow to get this game, GROWLLLLL!!! I am not patient.... I want I want I want...
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The supposedly got released today, but every freakin' store I call says tomorrow. Curses!

I love everything about Tokyo...even the things I hate.
    --Ryth (JSRF)

I heard somewhere that the movement controls are like a FPS. Is this true? Someone said this but i dont remeber who it was.

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    I heard somewhere that the movement controls are like a FPS. Is this true? Someone said this but i dont remeber who it was.
    I wouldnt call it an "FPS-Style" control scheme.

You'll use both thumbsticks and both triggers to control your Hunter.

Left thumbstick controls your direction of movement, while the right thumbstick controls your aim, so it's quite simple (and usually necessary) to run in the opposite direction that youre shooting in.

Left trigger is used for jumping, right trigger is used to attack. You can also perform rolls, and diving attacks.

The d-pad is used to zoom the camera in and out.

The "jelly bean" buttons are used to cycle through your weapon inventory and "Edges" (basically magic spells), and to open doors/gates etc.

Great controls.

Thanks for the heads up Justin. I have to wait till tomorrow or friday to get my game though.

Must Have. Must Have Game. Must Have Game NOW! I get mine tomorrow. Man i can't wait. Thanks for the info and reviews guys.

So if you where running forward and u hit the r-thumbstick left and hit R you would run forward and shoot/attack to the left?

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    So if you where running forward and u hit the r-thumbstick left and hit R you would run forward and shoot/attack to the left?
    Yes. You have free control of where you are aiming no matter which direction you are moving in.

Thread Information