Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enclave only got 5.8/10 in OXM...

Default Enclave only got 5.8/10 in OXM...

hmm... might not pick it up unless everyone else rates it highly!

Default Re: Enclave only got 5.8/10 in OXM...

Originally posted by thebruce
    hmm... might not pick it up unless everyone else rates it highly!
    OXM sucks at reviews.. they seem to have their minds made up on a score before the game is even released. Very fanboyish mag. I'm glad I subscribed for the discs, but frankly I find the mag lacking in many aspects.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Enclave only got 5.8/10 in OXM...

Originally posted by Dre

OXM sucks at reviews.. they seem to have their minds made up on a score before the game is even released. Very fanboyish mag. I'm glad I subscribed for the discs, but frankly I find the mag lacking in many aspects.
    I kinda felt the same as Dre, OXM kinda has the scores made up before they play the game. I also feel they add alot of personal bias to the scores!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

I know, they rated games lower than Kuibi (sp) Warriors. It got a 5.9 and like 7 games got below that. The worst game in there opinion is Asuirik (sp)
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

And Azurik was a damn good game.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

I really don't look at OXM's review numbers, it does seem that they rate them way before they actually play the full version....

I don't about you all, but I will rate it myself when I rent it and then make a decision from there.....
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

Mmm..this is bad...i had my eye on enclave for a while now. Still i'm going to see how the other review sites say..before i go one way or the other...i think a rental would be in order...before any judgement is cast..... Sorry dude, Azurik....did suck
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by khaos2005
    not damn good...but it deserved way higher than a 3.7.... i didnt get my copy yet
    Hidden Content

I thought the 5.8 rating was from OXM only in the UK? Or is this the US OXM?

a ps2 fanboyish mag called game informer from the peeps at gamers.com gave ita 7.9 which is pretty respectable.

Originally posted by DBXNY
    I thought the 5.8 rating was from OXM only in the UK? Or is this the US OXM?
    Well Im in the UK... so yes, that is from the UK OXM... what did the US version give it?

Do you know what Demo's R going to be on this month OXM.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

sorry guys but I think that rating is about right, sure the game is gorgeous graphically, it just doesn't cut it in the playing area all you do it go around and slash people up or use long distance weapons to take them down and going around looking for treasure with is a bit annoying, I'm not quite sure if you get all the treasure you'll release another character or you can use the character who works with you in the missons I'll see when I play some more, but in all honestly it's just a Max Payne in old'en times

I'll stick with Gunmetal it's beautiful and a lot more fun to play, in saying that though I've only just started playing Enclave it may get better, I just hope sol

says you
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Heres another review which isnt too positive. Gamespy is pretty good for their reviews too.

Xengamers gave it a 65% as well.

As to you folks knocking them for reviewing a game that isnt out, they got review copies sent out early for the exact purpose of getting reviews out before release. Only problem is that it backfired as everyone is saying the game sucks.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

Hey,

I would just like to recommend renting this game to anybody....

The reviews are saying this game is bad... and so are a few people that have bought it, but i know for one that i really enjoy playing this game....

thanks

dan

It's a matter of taste. Enclave is actually quite a good game (7.8 by my books - 6.0 being average) but it is true that the combat aspect is a let down. The enemies are a let down and you have to get use to the controls... really use to them. However as you progress through the game and gather/save more characters and get more gold (you have to replay certain missions to gather more gold) and buy more equipment you get the general idea of this game. The bosses are pretty damn big but not impossible to beat unlike a group of Orc Berserkers charging at you.
    If you need a game to last you, but you don't mind it being very long and slightly tedious then Enclave is a good game to buy. If you enjoy the mythic gothic themes it holds like a fantasy RPG then so much the better. It's fun only to a certain degree (not as fun as say Circus Maximus which is very very damn fun) and you do get little satisfying moments and intense combat (due more to the number of enemies you gotta kill) moments. It's like Hunter: The Reckoning kinda, and that got a 6.7/10 in OXM. OXM gave Enclave such an average mark because of it's irritations. Personally I don't feel it deserves such a harsh mark, though I am willing to agree sometimes when I have to restart an entire level again.
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

The Lowdown: An entertaining hack-and-slash romp. Nothing groundbreaking, but fun nonetheless.
    Pros: Great playable characters; crisp graphics; stellar sound.
    Cons: Camera and controls are stiff; graphical flaws that spoil the game’s credibility.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

......................RRIIIIIIGGGGHHHTT

Originally posted by Tinny
    ...It's like Hunter: The Reckoning kinda, and that got a 6.7/10 in OXM. OXM gave Enclave such an average mark because of it's irritations...
    This is why I'm holding judgement until more definitive US reviews come out. Hunter: The Reckoning got 8.9/10.0 in the US OXM. Enclave may actually be fared better here in the US than in the UK.

Thread Information