Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doom3 confirmed for Xbox!!!! OMG!!!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Smile Doom3 confirmed for Xbox!!!! OMG!!!

John Carmack confirms that the graphically impressive first-person shooter will come out for the Xbox and will match the visual fidelity of the PC version.

Id Software had previously expressed interest in doing an Xbox version of its upcoming first-person shooter, but hadn't confirmed that there would be a console version of the game.

Today during his keynote at QuakeCon, id's John Carmack said that the Xbox is the only console platform that id is "completely committed" to releasing Doom III on. Carmack further commented that the Xbox version will have the "full graphics fidelity" of the PC version, which made a major debut at this year's E3, where it won a number of awards.

Id Software has said that work on the Xbox version won't start until the PC game is complete. At QuakeCon 2002, id expressed hope that the game would be done before next year's E3 in May.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...877682,00.html
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I....I....am haveing an orgasim...
    Last edited by faceoff508; 08-16-2002 at 08:55 PM.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

No ones answering...... THIS IS DOOM 3.... PEOPLE!!!!!! DOOM 3. OMG MY hEART JUST SToped..........
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

i was recovering from the heart attack i just got. sorry i didnt respond sooner. lol. but this is such awesome news! i cant wait. he even said that it would be exactly like the pc version, so thats really really awesome. its gonna be a definite buy for me.

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    i was recovering from the heart attack i just got. sorry i didnt respond sooner. lol. but this is such awesome news! i cant wait. he even said that it would be exactly like the pc version, so thats really really awesome. its gonna be a definite buy for me.
    My heart.... help me....... GRAPHICS TOO GOOD. UGh. Just saw another screenshot of Doom III ughhh helppppppp heart....

lol. imagine if it was xbox live compatible?? i would be in gaming heaven, cause id be dead from the 9 heart attacks id get. lol. just like when mr burns offers lisa a ton of money, and she doesnt accept it, and homer has like 5 heart attacks. lol

Sweet, I would of been so sad if it didnt come out for XBOX, casue my computer is crap, and there is no way that game would ever run it.

Okay I recovered, Doom III is going to ROCK on the Xbox, and if it Xbox LIve compatiable then... I would just....

Another screen, my heart, my tiny heart.....

WOW. I cant wait. Thanks 4 the info!
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

oh my gawd!

my heart just exploded

This is why I love the xbox...

this is why i dont have a ps2. lol

I wonder how Doom III would look on a PS2.... all those jaggies. WOW. I wish I had a screen to compare.

This game will be released at the same time as Halo 2..... how am I going to have time for both of them. My love for the Xbox has rised even more.

lol, the ps2 version would be so bad. if they did both versions with full graphics (like in the pc version). the xbox one would probly run at like 40-60 fps, and the ps2 would run at like 5-15 fps. lol

wow...this is the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow! hehe

truly, the xbox is the BEST SYSTEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS2 you screwed me over 2 years ago when I wanted you.....when i went to the store to buy you, YOU WEREN'T THERE....sorry....you blew your chance.....we could have had good times with GTA 3, and MGS.....but you know what? there will be other fish in the sea who are willing to buy you...but one thing is for sure, i wont

and nintendo...im sorry...but...there's someone else in my life...her name is the xbox...and, well....she has better looking games than you do....and they're more fun to play with....sorry nintendo...i know we had great times back with the n64..and goldeneye..but im going to have to let you go....you're just not committed enough to online gaming...and thats what i need....adventure....excitement....and the xbox is just a better partner for me....and besides....IM A GRAPHICS WHORE

(sorry if im freaking anyone out...i just woke up and i don't excatly know what im typing)
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

it is.. IF ONLY MINE WORKED AHHHHH

I used to post here a lot.

This is great news, Doom III looks soo good!

I think i am going to cry
    Hidden Content Hidden Content All welcome to spam lol..

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Question

umm it looks ok but nothing that great i think, whens it coming?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Sure everyone says Doom III sucks when they think it is just coming to PC and that Halo 2 will blow it away graphically yet the first time they announce it for the Xbox you are all over it again...of course showing high res screenshots from the pc version.

Should be interesting to compare both versions though. I will only buy one though, the one for the system that has a mouse and keyboard.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Exclamation

The Xbox version of DOOM 3 will look as good as the PC version. I would really like to see GameCube or PlayStation 2 handle DOOM 3. John Carmack knows Xbox is the only console that can handle DOOM 3.

DOOM 3 and Halo 2 will both come out in 2003...Hah, Metroid what???

Life is good...
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Thread Information