Poll: Are you going to BUY Panzer Dragoon Orta?

Thread: PANZER DRAGOON ORTA - who's getting it?

Default PANZER DRAGOON ORTA - who's getting it?

Who here is getting Panzer Dragoon Orta. All the critics seem to b raving aboot it, but I could care less for this game.

I hadn't even heard of it until it got shown at E3.

Sure the graphics will look cool, but flying around on a dragon is super lame.

I looked at the eXcitement ratings, and it only had 42 votes... and it doesn't rank too high either.

I don't get it with this game, and why it's suppose to be so good. Could someone explain it to me?

So the question is simple...
    Who's BUYING Panzer Dragoon Orta??

Wink

No
    Hidden Content

i will wait to see what ppl have to say about it or i will rent it. i have never heard of any panzer Dragoon before so i have no clue what it is about other than flying on a dragon

i played the first Panzer Dragoon, it plays a lot like the Starfox games, its actually pretty fun. But since there are too many superior games coming out around the same time, i probably won't be getting it. Just wait a year then pick it up from the Bargain Bin

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The DC Panzer Dragoon was ahead of it's time. The XBox version is expected to be even more amazing.

I voted yes, though, I probably will be more occupied playing Unreal Championship via XBox Live

Default Re: PANZER DRAGOON ORTA - who's getting it?

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    Sure the graphics will look cool, but flying around on a dragon is super lame.
    I am.

By common testimony from E3 the graphics are the best yet on Xbox this side of Halo 2 or Doom III.

As far as game concept...how exactly did you arrive at your conclusion that Dragon riding is "super lame." I guess I should respond, "Nahuuuunnh, it's really super cool." Think about it...IF there were dragons, and IF they flew, and IF you could ride them, and IF you needed to in order to save the world, wouldn't you want to??? This kind of stuff is what gaming is all about as far as I'm concerned. On top of that this game is a revival of a game series considered to be one of the all time classics.

Beyond this point there be Dragons...
    TIME flies!

I'm picking this one up. Flying around on a dragon and blowing sh*t up sounds fun fun fun.

hehe i didn't notice he said that. Dragon Riding would definitley not be lame. I know i would love to ride a dragon (if they were real of course)

Default Re: Re: PANZER DRAGOON ORTA - who's getting it?

Originally posted by TIME
    Think about it...IF there were dragons, and IF they flew, and IF you could ride them, and IF you needed to in order to save the world, wouldn't you want to???

Beyond this point there be Dragons...
    naa...

Dragons are super lame, and I associate them to closely to the nerdy game of dungeons and dragons. lame.

I'd go for a more contemporary form of transportation such as flying motorcycles!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!! FLYING MOTORCYCLES!!!!!

A continuation of one the the most beloved gaming series of all time...I think I'll vote yes...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, except death is not done by digestive bile...well...most of the time.

Hidden Content

I'd get it if it had more than a couple of weeks of play time. I'd also get it if I was made of money. There are way to many games on my list that have major replay value so PDO is a rental.
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

If it looks interesting, I'll rent it, but more than likely I'll never buy it....unless I find it on sale used for $25 or something. There are VERY few games I'll buy without renting. I'm picky about which games I buy. LIke Max Payne....I can't justify paying $50 for a game that can be beaten in a weekend, and I thought had NO replay value at all. Perfect rental though! Well worth $6.
    Gamertag: Big Kahuna

Let's Play!

it more than just flying around on dragons , you can get off your dragon and walk into buildings and fight people also , so its like Halo when your kicking a$$ then you jump on a Banshee, and its supposed to be LONG LONG game ,but I haven't read anything on it for awhile , I think I will right now
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Originally posted by Slacker
    it more than just flying around on dragons , you can get off your dragon and walk into buildings and fight people also , so its like Halo when your kicking a$$ then you jump on a Banshee, and its supposed to be LONG LONG game ,but I haven't read anything on it for awhile , I think I will right now
    WTF?! I never read that you can get off of your dragon!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Originally posted by DVDGNZ

WTF?! I never read that you can get off of your dragon!
    You can't, it's in the same essence od PD 1 and Zwei....
    Life is like a box of chocolates, except death is not done by digestive bile...well...most of the time.

Hidden Content

Damned Slacker needs to get his shyt together!

Thread Information