Thread: This is just wrong

blub blub blub

Default This is just wrong

After seeing Splinter Cell's user review rating slide up and down since it's release, I was thinking that maybe there are pure idiots out there deliberately trying to sabotage game ratings. After seeing this one, my theory has proven correct. The user's name is SIVEL - here is the review...the bold was added by me:

General / Summary: All I can say is wow this game is what the XBOX stands for, but I cant let it take the Halo #1 spot because I feel Halo is still #1 and even though this game deserves a 5 in every category i wont touch my point meter's! Sorry.

Gameplay: Game play is TOP notch the stealth the control putting a gun to someones head AWSOME man simply amazing MGS has nothing on Sam Fisher! CATGEORY GETS A 5 but still HAlo is #1

Visual: Visually stunning the shadowing the curtains what more can I say this game is in my XBOX collection and should be in everyones. Category gets another 5 but halo is still #1

Sound: Sounds great put's you in the game with the surround on and gets you into the whole tunnel mode plotting your next move. 5 But halo is #1

Suggestions to Developer: Don't stop making games like this simply great!

Every catagory was given a 3 although he plainly admits they deserve fives! I just don't understand why the "Halo cult" will not allow another fine game into the spotlight. Halo is a great game but so is Splinter Cell, so why not be honest about it? Am I the only one who thinks reviews like this should be removed because they are dishonest?

Default Re: This is just wrong

Originally posted by darianX
    After seeing Splinter Cell's user review rating slide up and down since it's release, I was thinking that maybe there are pure idiots out there deliberately trying to sabotage game ratings. After seeing this one, my theory has proven correct. The user's name is SIVEL - here is the review...the bold was added by me:

General / Summary: All I can say is wow this game is what the XBOX stands for, but I cant let it take the Halo #1 spot because I feel Halo is still #1 and even though this game deserves a 5 in every category i wont touch my point meter's! Sorry.

Gameplay: Game play is TOP notch the stealth the control putting a gun to someones head AWSOME man simply amazing MGS has nothing on Sam Fisher! CATGEORY GETS A 5 but still HAlo is #1

Visual: Visually stunning the shadowing the curtains what more can I say this game is in my XBOX collection and should be in everyones. Category gets another 5 but halo is still #1

Sound: Sounds great put's you in the game with the surround on and gets you into the whole tunnel mode plotting your next move. 5 But halo is #1

Suggestions to Developer: Don't stop making games like this simply great!

Every catagory was given a 3 although he plainly admits they deserve fives! I just don't understand why the "Halo cult" will not allow another fine game into the spotlight. Halo is a great game but so is Splinter Cell, so why not be honest about it? Am I the only one who thinks reviews like this should be removed because they are dishonest?
    Don't worry about it. That is the only flaw I can see within the member ratings. I don't bother going in there and posting my opinions, cuz a extreme rating (be it a 0.0 or 5.0) will usually cancel it out. I don't really know how many people actually go in there to read the member reviews, but I'd rather not burden myself by looking at what some people think is good/bad.

Your own opinion should out wiegh those of others in your own mind.

Flushing the Ducts evil xbox king's Avatar

Default Re: This is just wrong

Originally posted by darianX
    Am I the only one who thinks reviews like this should be removed because they are dishonest?
    No, you're not the only one. I think that the mods should sift through the reviews and delete the ones like you mentioned above. I sometimes visit the review sections before I get a game, just to see what everybody thinks of it. I only read the ones that look respectable, but the only problem is that there are only a few respectable reviews for most games
    Poor Delta...I hope she gets better quickly.

I usually don't bother posting my opinion anywhere. Whenever there is a game with good ratings, there will be other people come in and give it bad ratings to lower the score.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

If you guys see crap reviews like this, simply send MEC or Jeremy a Private message and they'll likely check it out and decide what needs to be done

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    If you guys see crap reviews like this, simply send MEC or Jeremy a Private message and they'll likely check it out and decide what needs to be done
    I agree wit u man, Mec deleted a review after i notified him, so darian notify him he will help u man.

maximus what time are u usually online, i suck at UC but ill play anyway.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
    maximus what time are u usually online, i suck at UC but ill play anyway.
    I'll be on around 2:00pm PST today...12/16

Look me up, buddy!

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

everytime i do mec gets all mad at me......

Thread Information