Thread: How long can...

Default How long can...

I have had my xbox for about 4 months now and I never worried about heat issues till recently. I am a construction worker and I am laid off for the winter and I now find mself playing for long periods of time. I was wandering how long can you play before you have to start worring about heat issuses and need to turn it off?

since launch i've played my xbox for hours on end and it's only gotten warm and never encountered any problem i've heard on the net.

bust a nut

same here, but dont jsut leave it on 24/7

Just as long as your Xbox is well ventalated (sp) there should be no problem at all. They way I look at it, the console can be set to shut off automatically after six hours so if there was any overheating issues the shut off time would have been shortened.

Don't buy into the Xbox haters saying the Xbox will overheat. That's just scare tactics. When Xbox was launched the Xbox site was full of clowns saying that.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

yea. keep stuff away from the sides of your xbox ( thats where it ventilates). you can pretty much leave it on for a couple of days, comfortably.

i think after 50 hours it'll start getting hot.

i left it on for entire weeknds before, and my xbox works fine.................
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

along time
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

I've left mine on for over 24+ hours on acciedent..and I've had mine since launch. Seems good.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

In my way, i think around 10 hours and up but since i never reach this time. Maximum Play each time = 2 hours
    Back into the world of gaming.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Well I have had my Xbox on for over 10 hours several times, just keep it on an elevated wire rack and everything will be fine. I have played 5 hours of Morrowind straight and it was only warm.

For me, I won't let my Xbox be on for more than an hour and a half. I don't believe in leaving my systems on for a long period of time because I don't want to overheat it. Then I let my system rest for about 3 hours.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

bust a nut

i know u played over an hour and half alot of times

ive left mine on for 20+ hours for lan parties and when i first got in xbox live and mine still works fine.

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    For me, I won't let my Xbox be on for more than an hour and a half. I don't believe in leaving my systems on for a long period of time because I don't want to overheat it. Then I let my system rest for about 3 hours.
    A good game is 5 hours a shot minimum, what are you doing adjusting the time and date?

when i first got live i was on live for a good 20 hours straight. well i wasnt necessarily on that long but my xbox was.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

Let's put it this way, was recently laid up after surgery, with a full leg palster cast in about 35-40 Celcius heat for about 5-7 days straight. I found here that the XBOX sitting on wool carpet needed ventilation, or at a minimum little contact with that carpet, as it was playing up due to the heat.
    Once I used a few of the XBOX game cases to take it off the ground it worked seamlessly...

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

yea.........just dont leave it on forever and you shouldnt have anything to worry about.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

A good game is 5 hours a shot minimum, what are you doing adjusting the time and date?
    No, I leave the system pluged all the time except if there is lightning. I just play another system or start posting here.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

I would say you may have to start thinking about overheating issues after a solid 24 hours of gameplay.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information