Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 Cancled: No longer any reason to support EA...

The Frew-its of the Devil

Default Battlefield 1942 Cancled: No longer any reason to support EA...

It's official, Battlefield has been cancled. Gamespot just reported this. So considering that EA has no interest in supporting us Xbox gamers in the way they do with they're horrid ports (as I've always said "EA PORTS.... THEY'RE ****IN LAME" not in the game), there's no reason for us to support them.
    Here's a link for those that need it...
    http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...908782,00.html

I guess that's a clear vote of no confidence from EA in XBL. So there is no reason for any of us to have confidence in them. Besides, all their latest sports titles had little to no changes in them and were hardly different from previous incarnations. Aside from the basketball that is. None of their sports games touch Sega's anyway (well... I can't vouch for football as I don't play it).
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Wow, EA can EAt me. First no Live support for madden, then NHL was not only a complete rehash of last years game, but no live support for it... seriously, where the hell is the love?

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Sorry buddy but as long as Segas college game blows, I will continue buying NCAA Football 2003.

BTW, 500 POSTS! It took me long enough

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

congrats
    MAKING A NEW SIG

Chilling in Antarctica Sleazy P Martini's Avatar

Thumbs down

d@mn!! d@mn!! d@mn!! This was one of my reasons for getting an Xbox. My PC blows and can't run the game.
    Last edited by Sleazy P Martini; 01-14-2003 at 09:20 PM.

The Frew-its of the Devil

I was recently forced to upgrade, so I can now play this game... it's just that I wanted to use my Voice chat (the only reason I wan the Xbox version of SWG over the PC version). And sorry back buddy, but I wouldn't know thing one about college games... nor could I care, but to each his own. Just take note as to how your favorite system is treated by the company you support so willfully. Go ahead and support a company who has no interest in offering you the best possible product but rather a pathetically dumbed down product for an obviously superior system. I see no reason to personally support such a company, but this is America... go with your gut.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Hmmm, EA's top rated game of 2002 gets cancelled for xbox. Why am I not surprised. You almost had me back EA with Two Towers, but then you go and do stuff like this.

My avatar stays!
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Well this is bullchit.

Screw EA anyways. I'll probably never buy another one of their games. The only good stuff they had were the sports titles, and they even managed to throw that away. Bastids....
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Ya, screw EA. They make crappy ports, are only good at sports games which I don't play, and now they screw the xbox...AGAIN.....they'll never get another dime from me...

Well, I only own one EA game and I'm going to keep it that way. The only reason why I have an EA game is because my friend gave me NHL Hockey for Genesis. I use it as a door stop anyway.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
    Wow, EA can EAt me. First no Live support for madden, then NHL was not only a complete rehash of last years game, but no live support for it... seriously, where the hell is the love?
    Here's to Microsoft starting on a Hockey title (Which they are secretly)...

Sega Sports has them in everything excpet NASCAR and maybe football. Live 2003 suXXXXXXXxxxxx
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

I wish EA wasn't the one Publishing C&C Generals & Buffy2(when it comes out). I have to have C&C Generals & Buffy2 so I will have to give some money to the jerks at EA.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Wondering Around

thats the worst end to a decent day... crap!!! i was really looking forward to this game on the xbox. I'll be putting my xbox dollars elsewhere from now on.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

holy crap.........

i have made posts being skeptical about this game. some horribly wrong control scheme, terrible sound, graphical dumb down, unsolid infrastructure code, bad framerate..............

i was very skeptical about what coul have gone wrong. i guess no matter what they did to the game, it still came out decent, so they scraped it.

the ultimate flaw in the game, it will never arrive.

and for what?

"to put our full efforts into 'Road to Rome' ".

how friggin' sad. i hate it. I also just rented medal of honor frontline, the graphics made me throw up. i couldnt stand the game....it is still sitting on top of my xbox waiting to be returned.

this is as sad as the first time i found out that multiplayer for enclave was scraped.

Well, this has taught me the ultimate lesson, a lesson that i should have learned long ago. a lesson that lynxfx has known all too well.

EA SUCKS.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Originally posted by Stifler

Here's to Microsoft starting on a Hockey title (Which they are secretly)...
    I hope they are. EA's hockey gets worse every year. We should BOYCOTT EA. I'll send them an email when I get home from work tonight.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Fuk them idiots! They can blow me. I supported EA all these years and now this??? I'm taking all the EA games out of my library and giving them away. Anyone who's interested PM me

FUKK EA STRAIGHT IN THE EAR!

Gamerscore Whore

I'll buy EA titles if they are good. I just got Ty the Tasmanian Tiger recently and its a lot of fun. And I will continue to buy NCAA 2003 Football, until someone can come up with a better game. But I dont think Sega will be able to topple that one. That game is just to damn good. I could really care less most of the time who the developer is if I like the game.

Thread Information