Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *feeling of disenfranchisment*

Default *feeling of disenfranchisment*

Well I finally did it. I had to go out today and buy a pee es too so I could play Final Fantasy X. This is taking way too long to get some REAL rpgs on Xbox. No, Bauldur's Gate doesn't count. That's as much a RPG as Gauntlet was (though I love and own both games). So if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks, call it a duck. These are not RPGs, and I think we're sick and tired of waiting for them. Pay attention MS, you didn't make market dominance by ignoring the actual market.

Bishop out.

Sorry that you feel this way. Oh well your loss in my opinion.

guess rpg's are more of a japanese thing and thats why ya dont see any on the xbox........i think square is stupid for not thinking about releasing final fantasy xi on the xbox...ffxi would of been out already on xboxlive and running with the xbox hard drive.......the reason its not out here in the usa is cause theres no ps2 hd in the us......i remember when it first came out in japan....the servers sucked ass...couldnt hold many people and was really unstable...that would of never been a prob on the xbox...but of course since xbox comes from an american company they just refuse to release it stupid dopes

Originally posted by canadianboi3
    how is it his loss?? its not like he traded his xbox...seems like he just bought a ps2........i got a ps2 for ps2 exclusives...some are pretty good so your the one missing out
    Last edited by VenoM; 02-23-2003 at 11:08 PM.

Default Didn't downgrade

Yes, I still very much have and love my xbox. Just got a set of AAD Q-50s and an AAD Q-1000 (12 Hrz w00t!) sub for the wonderful surround sound that only xbox can provide. I do however find great displeasure at the lack of immersive story on xbox games. While Morrowind was relatively nice, it never struck me like "d***, I'm glad I got this game, and there are no other RPG's out there as of yet....hence the pee es too.

I'm not stupid though. I still got the big green box.

B

Bishop, i know how you feel...the xbox seems to be hurting in the RPG games dept....With videogame consoles droping we are going to see more and more people going muti-console. I'm not loyal to any game console...only the games it plays. Dude, play what you like and go to what ever system has the game you want

Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Cool

Yeah I agree 100%. I love Halo, Fatal Frame and SSX and have played through those and my other 10 or so xbox games, but down deep I think I'm most partial to RPGs. BG2:ToB and NWN on PC rocked, FF series rocked on pc and console, so it CAN be done, I just don't get why no one is doing it for the Xbox.

Not to mention I'd like a character creation ability on something other than my PC every now and again.

Bishop out.

I have only 1 problem with this thread... Final Fantasy X is as close to an RPG as I am close to being able to lay Jennifer Aniston. Thats not to say that there are alot of 'true' RPGs for the xbox, but if the xbox did have final fantasy, the number wouldnt be any higher.

Default Yes I did somewhat mispeak

Originally posted by yall
    I have only 1 problem with this thread... Final Fantasy X is as close to an RPG as I am close to being able to lay Jennifer Aniston. Thats not to say that there are alot of 'true' RPGs for the xbox, but if the xbox did have final fantasy, the number wouldnt be any higher.
    Admittedly, this is true, but real RPGs on consoles are as elusive as noble french soldiers. The point I was inadvertantly dancing around was that the FF series, like RPGs, has story. The games that ppl point to as Xbox RPGs, other than Morrowind (D&D Heroes, BGDA) have as much story as an elementary school play. The driving force behind FF and true rpgs is the same, immersive story, and I guess that is ultimately what I'm lacking.

Too bad it took me like 8 posts to hit it.

Bishop out.

Yeah i really wish square would wise up and bring a FF game to the xbox. I was really disappointed when i found out square was bailing on us.

But i would never stoop as low as actually buying a Pieace of S4it 2. Maybe for like $29.99 id get one...thats still a big maybe.

But remember the whole Metal gear scene? Everyones like "Maaaan, we need metal gear on xbox! Its so cool on Ps2"

Than when we got it with all the extras, it was garabage compared to Splinter cell. I feel the xbox can push any genere to the next level, and i used stealth based action as an example.

But than again, i dont know if any body else can do it like square. They already have established elements and characters (Bahummut[sp?], ifrit, leviation etc...) And everytime you start a FF game you know your in for a hell of a treat.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

If story is what you want than you should try out Shenmue II. There is no better stroy to be had on the videogame scene at the moment.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Originally posted by canadianboi3
    what exactly did he lose?

Oh sorry my bad. I got the feeling you traded in your Xbox. SORRY!! If I had the money, I would buy a PS2 as well.

y2kash, I thought he traded his Xbox, so i said his loss becuase I THOUGHT he got rid of his Xbox.

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Here is an Rpg I think you'll like.

Video in wmv format

http://192.168.254.2:1694/Trailer%5F18%5F02%5F03.wmv
    Last edited by Hitman101; 02-24-2003 at 08:57 PM.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

Isn't disenfranchisement the inability to vote? If so, how does that pertain to the post?
    Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

Default disenfranchize

Originally posted by Bravo_2
    Isn't disenfranchisement the inability to vote? If so, how does that pertain to the post?
    Taken in it' smost literal sense, yes, but broadly it is defined as to deprive one of a voice to be heard. From the French 15th century word from which we also derive disfranchize, which is solely used to describe the revocation of voting privledges, here it is used to illustrate how my voice (in the latin republic sense, vis-a-vis my vote) is one that is not taken into consideration, and therfore revoked or rendered impotent.

Ok i hit my nerd quota for the day.

Bishop out.

PS, gonna check out Shenmue next weekend probably.

Shenmue II was ok. I got bored rather quickly...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

ill agree, i havnt touched my xbox....no rpgs is no good, i am broke so i couldnt get a game if i wanted. today im gonna break my bank so i can get moo3.

Default Re: *feeling of disenfranchisment*

Originally posted by Bishop
    Well I finally did it. I had to go out today and buy a pee es too so I could play Final Fantasy X. This is taking way too long to get some REAL rpgs on Xbox. No, Bauldur's Gate doesn't count. That's as much a RPG as Gauntlet was (though I love and own both games). So if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks, call it a duck. These are not RPGs, and I think we're sick and tired of waiting for them. Pay attention MS, you didn't make market dominance by ignoring the actual market.

Bishop out.
    You obviously have the wrong idea of what an RPG is. Baldurs Gate is based off of the rules and regulations of the first RPG ever made or even concieved, Dungeons and Dragons. It is what may be called a CRPG, Computer Role Playing Game. Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is a true RPG. You may like Final Fantasy but that doesn't mean that any game not exactly the same as it is not an RPG.

As well, here is the list of RPG's on and coming to xbox in the near future as found on the www.xbox.com website. Note, they are missing some.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance Interplay Entertainment November 2002 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackStone: Magic and Steel Xicat Interactive February 2003 $49.99 Teen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda Softworks June 2002 $49.99 Teen

Fable Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Gladius LucasArts May 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Metal Dungeon Xicat Interactive November 2002 $49.99 Teen

Nightcaster II: Equinox Jaleco Entertainment December 2002 $49.99 Teen

Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II Sega Corporation March 2003 $39.99 Teen

Psychonauts Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic LucasArts Spring 2003 $49.99 Teen

Sudeki Microsoft Game Studios Winter 2003 $49.99 Rating Pending

How many times have I posted this now? 1 billion +1 times?
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 02-26-2003 at 12:31 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Default Re: Re: *feeling of disenfranchisment*

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

How many times have I posted this now? 1 billion +1 times?
    This is the second time that ive seen...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information