Thread: anyone out there addicted to morrowind?

Default anyone out there addicted to morrowind?

I find this game EXTREMELY open ended and EXTREMELY ADDICTING. is it just me or are there a bunch of addicts out there?
    Hidden Content

Page 20,21 - 2 trades completed
    Lots of trades on TGN

Just wait until Pirates of the Caribbean comes out... it's also going to be really open-ended, it's also made by Bethesda, and it sounds alot like Pirates Gold, which I think is the best game ever made.

Gracey, do you mean Sea Dogs II? I never heard about Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, Morrowind is great. Its even better with the expansion!
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Yes, i've been playing it constantly since it was released. There's still soooooo much to do. I've beat the main quest the right way and the back door way and there's still a lot to do.

I'll give it another go when the new addon comes out
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Morrowind is awesome, too bad I sold it.. It did kinda get old after you become invincible AND the frequent crashes ad DDE really pi5sed me off. The load times after that was a horrible bonus....

But the game was awesome, when I'm actually playing it instead of waiting for it to load.

Yeah it gets kind of boring when the challenge is gone. It is a game that was well worth the money though so I'm happy.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

A title that keep me busy for at least 6 hours a day (playing twice a day), Morrowind is just big. Great time with it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

MaxPain

After playing Ultima Online (online rpg) for 5 years.. well I quit about 2 weeks ago... I can't really play a RPG like morrowind with NPC players all around. And no one really to interact with.. seems so.. dead. when I did play UO I didn roleplay either.. I pvp'd. (player vs player)... yeah so.. UO is kinda like everquest.. just not g4y like... but EA screwed everyone with the release of UO: Age of Shadows... so everyone is in hte process of selling off all their sh*t and quitting.

Yup, this ones good There just so much to do... I like magic... hehe... I want that ex-pack disk for the xbox! Dose anyone know anything more about it?

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Gracey, do you mean Sea Dogs II? I never heard about Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, Morrowind is great. Its even better with the expansion!
    Sea Dogs II appears to be scrapped in favor of Pirates of the Caribbean. The game is going to be based on the Disney movie (based on the ride) that is coming out this summer. So far, the game looks pretty good.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Originally posted by SkoalMint
    Sea Dogs II appears to be scrapped in favor of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Maybe, maybe not... I made a post about this yesterday. There are two rumors: one is that SD2 is cancelled, the other is that it's been delayed until mid-October.

Remember, Bethesda wasn't the company making Sea Dogs 2. They were merely the distributor. The producer was a Russian company called Akella. Bethesda is actually producing Pirates of the Caribbean, so I think they delayed SD2 so as not to conflict with their own game. SD2 was very close to finished, and has been in production for two years... I doubt it'd be cancelled. And if Bethesda decides not to distribute it, I'm sure Akella will find some other company.

Sorry Gracey - I haven't seen your other post yet. Anyway, I agree, which is why I said "appears", as I have also seen conflicting information. One article I read went so far as to say that they just re-named Sea Dogs II, which is obviously not true. Regardless, POTC looks like it should be pretty good.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Ya i saw a add for POTC in the latest EGM. It looks like its going to be a lot better than morrowind.

But i think most of us RPG lovers went through our morrowind stage

I played that game throught out the summer.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

"I want that ex-pack disk for the xbox! Dose anyone know anything more about it?"

A lot of people seem sure there's a "Morrowind Gold" Disc coming out, but i havent heard or read an official word yet. Bethesda even says it couldnt release an expansion the same way as they do for PC. We'll have to see what they cook up, i'm not holding my breath.

Thread Information