Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean website is up and running!

Thumbs up Pirates of the Caribbean website is up and running!

Well, the POTC website is finally up and running, and all my suspicions have been confirmed. It's most definitely Sea Dogs 2 with a different title. EVERYTHING in the screenshots is identical to SD2. While I'm upset that we won't be getting two great pirate games this year, I'm glad to know that Bethesda and Disney are making an already incredible game even better before it's released.

http://pirates.bethsoft.com

Incidentally, the picture of the skeleton steering the ship is the official movie poster, which I have awaiting framing.

Wow this game looks impressive and I really like the shimmer on that water.

DISNEY!?!? KILL ME PLZ. But on the other hand, big improvement on visuals from Morrowind. Congrats to them. I hope they make Morrowind 2, and if they do make it, they make it awesome like that.

I'd like to buy this game, but I'm not a big fan of pirates .

Bethesda developed Morrowind for suture generation consoles. So apparently it is going to take advantage of the seriously amazing technology coming out in the next months. I think they are going to include a complete overhaul of the graphics engine or something in the third expansion, or second. maybe the new technology will just make the game amazing. Who knows.

Anyhow, SD2... I mean, POTC looks great.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
    DISNEY!?!? KILL ME PLZ. But on the other hand, big improvement on visuals from Morrowind. Congrats to them. I hope they make Morrowind 2, and if they do make it, they make it awesome like that.

I'd like to buy this game, but I'm not a big fan of pirates .
    it'll most likely be Elder Scrolls 4, not Morrowind 2

Originally posted by y2kash_14
    it'll most likely be Elder Scrolls 4, not Morrowind 2
    Yea... Or that. Anyways, same thing... right? Not right, but who cares? I'll walk away now . *walks away*

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I wanted this game before they changed the name and got Disney involved...and you cant make your own characters, so I really dont care for this title anymore...i'll buy it when it goes down to about 10 bucks.

Site dont work for me
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    I wanted this game before they changed the name and got Disney involved...and you cant make your own characters, so I really dont care for this title anymore...i'll buy it when it goes down to about 10 bucks.
    What are you talking about. In Sea Dogs II you weren't able to create your own character. I thought they changed it for POTC so that you could.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Will a MAN-O-WAR (SHIP-OF-THE-LINE) be playabe in POTC?

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Alien

Cool Looking game, cool site

~~~JayMan~~~

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hey, looking great !!
    Keep my eyes on it now.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Im not really that impressed with it.. But Id like to try it out since you all seem pumped for it.

Whats with the Simpsons pics Jayman..

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

What are you talking about. In Sea Dogs II you weren't able to create your own character. I thought they changed it for POTC so that you could.

thats not what i heard...

thats not what i heard...
    It's absolutely true. In SD2, you were only going to get to choose between two premade characters: one a man, the other a woman. It's rumored that they're changing that for POTC to make it more like a Morrowind character selection. It might happen or it might not happen... we'll just have to wait and see as more info gets released.

Originally posted by Master Gracey

It's absolutely true. In SD2, you were only going to get to choose between two premade characters: one a man, the other a woman. It's rumored that they're changing that for POTC to make it more like a Morrowind character selection. It might happen or it might not happen... we'll just have to wait and see as more info gets released.
    I sure hope its true. I just cant get interested in many games if I cant play with someone i made myself.

I sure hope its true. I just cant get interested in many games if I cant play with someone i made myself.
    Amen to that!! I wish more game studios would get into the habit of realizing that people with imaginations like to have choice. How can a game truly be an RPG if you don't get to step into whatever shoes you want to step into? Tailor-made shoes just aren't cut for the genre.

xbAWOL

Thumbs up

i went to eb yesterday and they said June 18th! i cant wait!!

Originally posted by Master Gracey

Amen to that!! I wish more game studios would get into the habit of realizing that people with imaginations like to have choice. How can a game truly be an RPG if you don't get to step into whatever shoes you want to step into? Tailor-made shoes just aren't cut for the genre.
    I agree. If I cant make my own character and do what I want in an rpg game...then that is not an rpg, its an action/adventure game.

How much say will Disney have on this game? And what the hell are they doing involved with this project? Will it get cute and kids- aproved because of Disney?!

Thread Information