Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 => Double Ammunition?

Default Halo 2 => Double Ammunition?

From OXM's exclusive we learned that you can carry and fire two of the same weapon at the same time. Does that mean that we'll be able to carry 240 rounds of ammunition for the human pistol + what's chambered? Same for the SMG, etc....

Hmm, I don't know. Good question.

It might be the same amount of ammo plus a clip for each gun. So in essence you are only gaining a single clip worth of ammo. I know some "dual weapon" capable games did it that way. That is probably how it will be but we won't know for sure until either E3 or until further details are given out.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

It will probably use a single ammo bank. I like that this will be an option, but if you can still carry only two guns, I wouldn't want to be caught in the midst of war with only two pistols. It adds more strategy, which is cool, should lead to some cool moments.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

Well i wanna first start off by saying welcome to XBA. And that this is the best first thread i've seen posted..Thats great that you put this cause its a good thread and its your first..

I think it would make sense if say you had 2 pistols, that each one fires simultaneously and everytime a gun finishes a clip u lose a round, so ud lose 2 rounds every hault of fire..
    So once one gun shoots then the other until they run ut of ammo and since that is 2 rounds i dont c y they would count it as one or anything else except 2..

As far as firing the weapons goes you fire each gun with the respective trigger. For the gun in the right hand, you fire with the right trigger, the gun in the left hand with left trigger. If you have two guns out it takes the place of your grenades so if you wanted to throw a grenade you'd have to put away one of your guns.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

OOO..I got ya..Unless they change the controller configuration so u can throw grenades with the black button..If i remember correctly black didnt do anything...But then again u cant throw a grenade with a gun in your hand, unless if u press black or w/e it will put the gun away throw the grenade and take the gun back out quickly and automatically...
    And didnt Bungie say they were unhappy with the game and the controls and stuff..I liked the controles, i hope they dont change em..

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Whoever, double ammunition or not, there are enough ammo laying in the ground when you fight your way through the level. Hopefully, they will keep it like this.
    Back into the world of gaming.

What if you have a gun that can zoom in one hand. But one that cant in the other...

WHat happens than?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    What if you have a gun that can zoom in one hand. But one that cant in the other...

WHat happens than?
    Well the rocket launcher and sniper rifle are two handed weapons, so I doubt we'll be seeing two rocket launchers or two sniper rifles. I thought most weapons were two handed though? It could be weird having a covenant weapon and a pistol out at the same time though...

Since most weapons with a zoom are two handed, other than the pistol (from what I remember) I think it probably just zooms in and you'd be able to shoot either weapon. Good question though, maybe they'll talk about it somewhere in the future.
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

All I need is one pistol

Oh yeah..when Halo 2 comes out, all I can say is...beware of the D.D.C.

dualies!!!! Halelujah

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

in the new oxm, it says that you can use any 2 one-handed weapons at once...so if you want to carry a plasma pistol and a human pistol, go for it.

"in the new oxm, it says that you can use any 2 one-handed weapons at once...so if you want to carry a plasma pistol and a human pistol, go for it."

unless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger, that'd be weird, holding down the trigger firing the human pistol while charging the plasma pistol.....ammo conservation is not an option with carrying those 2 weapons

Originally posted by skullsqdn
    unless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger
    HUH? I don't know which Halo you were playing, but on my copy (and millions others ) I charged my plasma pistol by holding in the right trigger and firing by releasing it. Why would you need a control remap?? You could essentially carry 2 plasma pistols (assuming they're 1 handed weapons) and charge both of em up by holding both triggers in.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by skullsqdn
    [Bunless they change the mapping for the controls, you'll lose the charging ability with the plasma pistol if its bound to one trigger, that'd be weird, holding down the trigger firing the human pistol while charging the plasma pistol.....ammo conservation is not an option with carrying those 2 weapons [/B]

No, you're wrong. Each pistol uses a different trigger, the left one taking over for grenades if you decide to equip a second weapon.

"No, you're wrong. Each pistol uses a different trigger, the left one taking over for grenades if you decide to equip a second weapon."

Ah i see, that makes sense, as for what i said about remapping, I was referring to if you use a plasma pistol and human pistol at the same time, if they still had the same control mapping you'd be firing the human pitol while charging the plasma pistol, i'm very aware how controls are for Halo lol sorry if anyone didn't understand what i meant, as for carring 2 plasma pistol at one time..that'll make one hell of bang

GRAVEDIGGER

Angry Hmm...

[i]Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    [B]All I need is one pistol [B]

Dam Real!...One gun--one life--death is the only way out...HALO 2 is coming

Untill next time

wow this game is totally gonna rock, i was awe struck by the first, this wont upset

"wow this game is totally gonna rock, i was awe struck by the first, this wont upset"

I believe thats an understatement

if you play Red Faction 2 and get 2 of the same weapons, i think you can get a good feel for what u all are speaking of. In RF2, u can carry 2 space age UZIs and fire only one with the R1 button and when you stop to reload that one, let losse with the other by pressing the L1 button.

Im not really worried about this tho, all im worried about is being able to cole c0ck people and throw grenades while firing.

Thread Information