Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF???XBL kit 2,,,

Question WTF???XBL kit 2,,,

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/pr...p?pf_id=235215
    Hell maybe its going online?????????That would rock.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Yeah, I'm rather confused. By the way, when the hell is MS gonna make extra stand-alone communicators?

Whats to be confused about? MS announced a long time ago that the pack-in games for the XBL Starter Kit would change regularly in order to entice new subscribers.

This kit is waaay better than the first one. Mechassault instead of Whacked! AND a full extra game.

This package should sell well with those folks who have thus far opted to stay away from XBL due to the previously packaged software.

They should have packed the full version of Whacked! since it is $20 now. No different than Tetris Worlds. Plus that game needs more support. The demo put it in a bad light.

Is that version of Tetris Worlds online capable? That will kind of **** me off if it is since I'm one of 3 people that actually bought Tetris Worlds.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Member on the run

I would assume since it's in the XBL kit, that it would be.

I would love to play tetris online. Maybe I can snag the disc from gamestop used or something.

This version of the Xbox Live Starter Kit includes trial demos of MechAssault, MotoGP and a full version of Tetris Worlds!

Bah, now ill have to buy the cd on ebay or something
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

tetris? online? are you kidding me? lmao, why dont i just go play Everquest?

If Tetris goes online I am surely getting it. I am not going to buy another starter kit for it though...

Hopefully they'll have some way to get it?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

From IGN (Not Insider Only):

Originally Posted by IGN
    Live 2 doesn't feature any software upgrades, but does include two new games. A demo of MotoGP is still packed in (with the sequel is set to ship in late May) but the new Live package will include a demo of MechAssault and a complete, online version of Tetris Worlds.
    There is your answer... Tetris is going online

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by shrew king
    If Tetris goes online I am surely getting it. I am not going to buy another starter kit for it though...

Hopefully they'll have some way to get it?
    Yeah, same here ! Classic game like tetris is always fun to play.
    Back into the world of gaming.

since when was tetris world online?.....if its online i want it

Default Xbox Live 2.0

xengamers.com
    Xbox Live 2.0
    Your Live’s just got better…

Sooner or later, Sony is going to realize that the only way to beat Microsoft’s brilliant Xbox Live service is to join it, but Xbox Live is already upping the ante. Introducing Xbox Live 2.0, (not the real name, it’ll still just be called Xbox Live) a new, completely redesigned way to enjoy high-speed Internet gaming.

The first and most dramatic change will be the introduction of a new interface for Live. When you power up your Xbox sometime this fall, your Live experience will take on a whole new front end. A new graphic interface will replace the Xbox Dashboard with a more personalized look that makes accessing friends lists and downloadable content much clearer and easier.

The interface will be keyed to your Gamertag, so when you book up, your Xbox will recognize you and present relevant information in a much more logical fashion.

Better yet, this interface will also serve as a “lobby” allowing you to communicate directly with other players using the Communicator headset, without going through a specific game. Microsoft is intent on ramping up the already solid community feel of the service, and with the advent of more games and more desperate game styles, a central hub is a much-needed advance.

David Hufford, Microsoft’s Xbox Group Product Manager, says, “In the first year, we were really trying to lay the foundations for the service, and get voice communication out there in a really big way. In year two, we want o go above and beyond all that to enhance the community and deliver more competition and content.”

And they will. Games like Citizen Zero and Xbox Music Mixer will evolve your Xbox into more than a gaming console; they’ll stretch it further into your everyday life. You can read more about how Xbox Music Mixer will become a hub for all your music needs in our exclusive First Look on page 06, but rest assured, the new interface will make downloads easier, and much more exciting. Just imagine moving your digital music and photos from your PC to your Xbox to interact with them in new ways.

Another huge change is the introduction of an Internet “face” for the service. You’ll be able to go to a personalized web page from your browser, and as your friends log onto the service, you may even be notified on your PC or cell phone via MSN Messenger. This keeps you connected to Xbox Live anywhere, anytime.

The improved service inspires game designers to include other ways for players to compete too: Project Gotham Racing 2, for example, is slated to include uploadable challenge races. Basically you can upload your “ghost” so that other players can literally race against your best performance. This type of interaction is likely to become a big part of Xbox Live’s competitive aspect

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

April 29, 2003 - When Xbox Live launched in November, it included two online demos: MotoGP and Whacked!. Six months later, Xbox Live is still standing, but the pack-in games have grown a bit stale. That's why Microsoft is releasing Xbox Live Vol. 2 today.

Live 2 doesn't feature any software upgrades, but does include two new games. A demo of MotoGP is still packed in (with the sequel is set to ship in late May) but the new Live package will include a demo of MechAssault and a complete, online version of Tetris Worlds.

Those who already own Xbox Live can buy full retail versions and want to play Tetris online, will still have their chance, as a full retail version is set to ship in early June.

We won't have more on this, because there's nothing else to report. Enjoy!
    ing.com

EBGAMES has it listed for a 6/2 release and a cost of 19.99. For that price, I'll be sure to pick it up.

Originally posted by VAN
    EBGAMES has it listed for a 6/2 release and a cost of 19.99. For that price, I'll be sure to pick it up.
    I have a plan, I am gonna call my local WM and ask if they got these new kits in. If so I am gonna take my friends old kit in with next to nothing in it and exchange them. I know the ppl working there on this late shift and its all a GO. Now just waiting till my lil store gets one.

i can just imagine trash talking somone while playing Tetris online

"Yea, how'd you like that?? 2 in a row!!! maybe you'll get your "L" block one of these days"

haha

lmao, now i want this game, i just wanna talk trash on it.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Holy Crap, and u thought Mech Assault looked good, wait until tetris online comes out. You eill have at leasy 8 simultanious heart attacks.

""Haha, 4 lines all at once, beat that ya bastage!!!!"

Those who already own Xbox Live can buy full retail versions and want to play Tetris online, will still have their chance, as a full retail version is set to ship in early June.
    Great, now I gotta sell my old version of Tetris. At least they are listing it at a reasonable price.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information