Thread: Should I get Morrowind?

Default Should I get Morrowind?

Now that morrowind has become a platinum hit, I'm seriously considering purchasing. I just wanted to know if its worth 20 bucks.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

It's definately worth it to buy for $20, in my opinion.

Our the worlds within morrowind truly massive and diverse? Most of all, is it fun at all?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Are the worlds massive? Well, let me put it this way, if you managed to beat the game three times or so, you'd likely still not be able to see the entire game!

Also, what's cool about it is that they are adding an expansion to it so you can play on another island. Sounds pretty sweet...or is that only for the PC version? Hmmm...now I'm not sure.

Personally, I'm not into RPGs, but, I have a buddy that is and he recently bought it and thinks it's awesome.

Expansion is only for PC.

If you like RPG, then get this. I'm not even a big fan of the genre, but this title did wonders for passing some of the time while I waited for XBL. It's not perfect, but it's a great game.
    RIP Dave

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

I think the expansion is only for the PC. Unless MS finds some way to get the expansion pack added to XBL.....it would probably cost 20 or so bucks and only through XBL.

afaik though it is only for PC.

I am probably going to get this game when i get the money to spend.

Both expansions are coming to the Xbox, and yes, the game is worth it at 50 bucks, much more so at 20. Buy it.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Well if the expasions are coming to the xbox they'll be completely separate games.

Not add-ons.

Prove me wrong Shrew because I hope you're right, but from the Bethesda forums quite awhile back they made it clear that there would be no downloads for xbox Morrowind.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident I'm not.
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    Well if the expasions are coming to the xbox they'll be completely separate games.

Not add-ons.

Prove me wrong Shrew because I hope you're right, but from the Bethesda forums quite awhile back they made it clear that there would be no downloads for xbox Morrowind.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident I'm not.
    I'm starting to question it now, but I am pretty sure someone started a thread in the General Discussion about the two coming to Xbox or something. Let me see if I can find it, look for an edit to this post.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...wind+expansion

I don't know how it will work, I don't know if there is a full version of Morrowind in there, or how it will work, but supposedly these are comfirmed for Xbox. We can only hope they fixed the damn problems with the game, that is what made me stop playing it.
    Last edited by shrew king; 05-03-2003 at 03:29 AM.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

At first I liked it, and it is VERY huge as well-gets confusing at times.

But after much play I found it to be quite "lonely" just playing by myself in a huge world, no xbox live, etc.

Just my thoughts.

peace

Thumbs up

I will buy it someday.Played it for many hours when I rented it.It's a real challenge defeating the monsters.

Originally posted by shrew king
    Both expansions are coming to the Xbox, and yes, the game is worth it at 50 bucks, much more so at 20. Buy it.
    What Shrew said..............:wink:

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

What Shrew said..............:wink:
    Agreed

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Morrowind is an amazing game. Took up way too much of my time. If you cannot find something to do in morrowind, then you are pretty pathetic...in other words, you will probably not get bored with it for quite a while if you like games of that nature.

if you have a long attention span and can focus and be persistent, then this is the game for you.
    |\| | C |<

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

A great game not to miss by any words. But one thing i always repeat: update is needed for the Xbox version !!! Keep burning me...
    Back into the world of gaming.

I did not like it

Erm .. Ya, or if ur a bit skeptical rent it ..
    I Own: Halo, Amped, JSRF, SegaGT02, Mech Assault, THPS4 ...

the game is good at first but then after a while gets boring...the fighting sucks as well.....its not a horrible game but its not good either imo...very buggy as well.....but is it worth 20 bucks?...i think so...only thing great i found in the game was the water..amazing looking wish the models looked better as well

Thread Information