Thread: Mission Impossible: OS - Splinter Cell Wannabe?

Default Mission Impossible: OS - Splinter Cell Wannabe?

This game looks like its gonna be pretty good. Kinda looks like splinter cell to me so you know its gotta be a good game. But who knows. Looks can be deceiving.

Click here!
    Games i own: Halo 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal II, Midtown Madness 3, Halo, State of Emergency.

I frag kane mason twice. trabucles's Avatar

I have never played TC'S SC but the character from these trailer move the same as Sam fisher does, is it the same 3D engine? Like half-Life uses the Same engine from Quake 2 or UT from Quake 3?

Are we goin to see too many games like these now?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content I donĀ“t want remakes of old maps in that game and I wont pay for them.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I agree with you this one have some elements of Splinter Cell, maybe it's will be more than that in the final stage.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Mission Impossible on the N64 originated some of the ideas in Splinter Cell. The movie Mission Impossible originated most of them. If anything, Splinter Cell is a copy of Mission Impossible.

Graphically I would say it looks more like Deus Ex or Metal Gear. However, I would prefer saying it looks like its own engine more than anything.
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 07-14-2003 at 12:31 AM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I was flipping through my friends OXM and if it hadn't had the "Mission Impossible 2" headliner I would've thought it was Splinter Cell.

Hopefully they don't rip off too much from Splinter Cell.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Originally posted by trabucles
    Like half-Life uses the Same engine from Quake 2 or UT from Quake 3?

Are we goin to see too many games like these now?
    Well Half-Life is a hybrid of the Quake and Quake II engine with a lot of custom coding. UT and Quake 3 are completely different engines, as is the new Half-Life 2 engine which was built from scratch inhouse.

As for Splinter Cell, Ubi Montreal took the Unreal game engine, tweaked the hell out of it, and voila - Splinter Cell is born.

But back to the MI: OS it does have a very "Splinter Cell" vibe and the main character does look like Sam but Tom Cruise, as Ethan Hunt, looks just like that so I think it is just a coincidense or as Mericmac said, probably the basis for Splinter Cell.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

*cough* Splinter Cell Clone *cough*

Just kidding, I owned the first Mission Impossible game and liked it, a little. Splinter Cell is pretty much what Mission Impossible should've been. Honestly, I can't wait for this game. Plus, it might put some pressure on the guys making Splinter Cell 2 and it might make it a better game. It(mi: operation surma) almost looks like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Splinter Cell combined.

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

I could care less what this game looks like. I think it is going to be a very good game. It looks to have all the elements of mgs2 and splinter cell that I liked. There are awesome manuvers (ala the sneak out of a corner and snap a persons neck ). I cant wait for this game.

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

Thread Information