Thread: Are there any true Action RPGs?

Default Are there any true Action RPGs?

Its no wonder Fable is so popular. They dont exsist. You have Deus Ex, Gothic kind of and maybe Shenume I and II.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

KOTOR
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

To an extent you also have gunvulkrie, crimson seas, pirates of the Caribbean, dragoon panzer orta.

uh, KOTOR, and Pirates Of The Carribean seem like obvious choices.
    Xbox Games I own:
    1.unreal championship 2.mechassault
    3.battle engine aquila 4.RTCW
    5.PGR 6.Oddworld 7.Brute Force
    8.Halo 9.Timesplitters 2 10.Max Payne
    11.Tony Hawk 3 12.Dead Or Alive 3
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2
    Need For Speed Underground (for PS2)

KOTOR and PoTC are stat based. Crimson Seas does count but its kinda sucks. I'm talking stat influanced with action combat like Fable and Deus Ex but still having lots of roleplaying unlike BGDA, Diablo, and D&D heroes.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

There are one cool title from From Software: Otogi: Myth of Demons. This is action/rpg with stats too. You can get around 20 weapons melee and 20 spells.

Coming in september.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I like the looks of Otogi as an adventure game but its still roleplaying lite. I'm talking roleplaying heavy like Morrowind. Maybe Arx Fatalis will be like that.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Bigwig
    I like the looks of Otogi as an adventure game but its still roleplaying lite. I'm talking roleplaying heavy like Morrowind. Maybe Arx Fatalis will be like that.
    I'm scare that the only game heavy like Morrowind is Fable which wil be more huge than that.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Deus Ex aint no rpg!
    "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is a damn fine action/rpg.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is a damn fine action/rpg.
    Excellent Recomendation.

As far as other action RPG's on the horizon...X-Men Legends is sounding pretty solid.

Scheduled for as Fall release.

At the moment i'm trully in deep with KOTOR. If you need a little more info check out my XBA-Staff Review

BGDA aint no RPG
    Deus Ex IW will be an action RPG.

I am loving KOTOR right now though.

Pirates Of The Caribbean is fun, buggy, but fun. If you liked Morrowind then check it out.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

RadRider

Pirates is an amazing game. Buggier than Morrowind even, but amazing nonetheless.
    Dungeon Siege is a good action adventure. I must have spent upwards of 100 hours on that game. Sheesh.
    I'd say Neverwinter Nights except it's not really so action oriented. I think KOTOR is probably the best example of what you're talking about, as it has all the stats and all of Neverwinter, but more action oriented play.

And yeah, I purposefully went to the last page of topics available to me and resurrected this.

Is starcraft ghost some what fit in this category?

Default Re: Are there any true Action RPGs?

Originally posted by Bigwig
    Its no wonder Fable is so popular. They dont exsist. You have Deus Ex, Gothic kind of and maybe Shenume I and II.
    Isn't KOTOR about as RPG as you can get..?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

"Action/RPG"...isn't that an oxymoron?

Dudes...As most of you know, I am not a huge RPG guy...I tried KOTOR and fell asleep. By the time I saw some action, I was drooling on my pillow...lol

I'm quite positive the game is fun for RPG dudes...especially if they are into Star Wars...but, I have yet to play a single RPG that I got addicted to. Sorry to urinate on any RPG fan's cornflakes...that's not my intention... I just don't find RPGs very "action oriented".

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

maximus you are supposed to grow to love all the characters....completely immerse yourself into the game.......it isnt all about action.......i mean there is a huge story behind it.......with a great plot twist.......several to be truthful...GIVE THE GAME ANOTHER CHANCE!!!!!

Thread Information